Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where have all the players gone ?

(PSN)snkhuong

Warframe is on the decline, I hate to say it because I love this game, but as a wise man once said, "nothing lasts forever.". Unfortunately the devs have lost the magic they once had. Cosmetics are great, but if thats all a game has to offer, then it will fail, and thats where we are now.

You know, when DE first made warframe everyone said it would fail. One company in particular said it would fail because it looked too good, and they wouldn't be able to keep updating it. It took about four years, but they did Indeed start slowing down with updates, now we are getting a single update a year compared to a couple years ago when there were three or more a year, and before that it was almost every two weeks there would be an update.

I am guessing wf has another couple years in it, but unless they use that time wisely, the game will be dead by 2022 or 2023.

2 hours ago, trst said:

If you look at Steam Charts for Warframe you'll find that the trend of people leaving after updates and coming back for new ones has existed for as long as the game has. And since we've only been getting smaller updates the retention between these is far less than a larger one like Fortuna.

When Railjack drops, especially if DE goes on another advertising campaign, expect to see a surge of player counts either similar or exceeding that of Fortuna's launch.

Retention has been decreasing overall, which shows DE can't keep players interested. This applies to both ends - veterans as well as brand new players. The game is garbage in the beginning, and at the very end. As someone with over 1200 hours, Empyrean has to hit it out of the park for me to leave BL3, and Destiny 2 in October.

Edited by Ikyr0