Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't think I'll ever be able to get Umbra Forma

Klaleara

To get the umbra forma you'll have needed to do aprx 50% of nw over something like 3 months.  Hardly nerve shattering.

If doing the easiest missions every week and skipping anything remotely challenging is enough to fill you with dread, maybe you just plain don't deserve an umbral forma.  They're meant to be something you earn, not just handed out.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but jeezus christ, man up. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Klaleara said:

So, I'm not sure if anyone else gets this.  But I've come to realize, that I probably will never get my hands on an Umbra Forma if they stay within the Nightwave system like they are.  

I really want a couple to get a couple Umbra mods into my Nekros for no real good reason.  But the task is so daunting to me, that I've actually clocked less hours since NIghtwave launched, than I almost ever have since launch (Besides 1 long break).  I understand that dailies is a thing in almost any MMO, but man, do they drain me.  When my life becomes "Login, do the dailies, logout", it takes everything from me.  But they are required to get specific things that I truly want.  It rips me from the game entirely.

I do understand I don't need to do it everyday, and it really isn't even hard.  But it's a massive psychological hit for whatever reason (I'm no neuro sciencey smart person).  And the fact that what I always want (In the current case, just the Forma, and the Operator suit would be cool.  But I could live without the suit) is so far into the tree, it destroys my hope.

So I'm curious if others get this daunting feeling, that just makes them not to play in general.  Or if I'm just some crazy person mumbling about my own insanity.

Stop. 

There's absolutely no reason for you to need an umbral Nekros build. Especially if you can't do enough of the basic content to get enough nightwave standing to get an umbral forma. 

Stop thinking that what you need to improve your game is the most OP gear in the game, and start realising that the reason that the best players are more powerful is because they are better at playing warframe, regardless of what gear they are using. 

Work on improving your knowledge in the game, improving your skills and getting regular forma into your favourite frames and weapons. 

So far, most weeks we can earn the lion's share of the standing in just a couple of hours per week. So there's absolutely no excuse for not earning enough standing to hit tier 30 in this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Regardless of there being point or no point, I am unable to. Even with melee weapons (Tested with Zaws), my last remaining Umbra forma is only an option if I try to polarize a frame.

Are you really complaining that they won't allow people to use Umbral Formas on weapons, really? Umbral weapon mods are crap and are no where near as used as Warframe Umbral mods.

Umbra Forma really isn't that special anyways.

I put both of them on my Chroma to see how high I can get his power strength, but I've also had bad luck with the Derelict Vaults, so I don't have the correct Corrupted mods to do it right. In the end, Chroma still feels like Chroma, and it's really not that huge of a difference for his gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Bioness said:

Are you really complaining that they won't allow people to use Umbral Formas on weapons, really? Umbral weapon mods are crap and are no where near as used as Warframe Umbral mods.

No dude. Did you read the response chain instead of just replying to this post without context? I am experiencing a BUG in which my Umbra forma is NOT AN OPTION TO USE on ANY weapon. I am only provided with the option to choose between regular forma and Umbra forma when polarizing a frame.

7 minutes ago, Uan91 said:

All I'm reading is: I can't belive DE wants me to play so I can get something that not a random player can have.

So. Much. This.

The majority of complaints about Nightwave being a grind boils down to this.

I can understand complaining about things being too much work for too little reward, but the complaint of the OP here seems to be complaining that he has to play the game to get the upgrade item he wants that lets him play the game better....

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Regardless of there being point or no point, I am unable to. Even with melee weapons (Tested with Zaws), my last remaining Umbra forma is only an option if I try to polarize a frame.

Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life.

You aren't required to do all the challenges.  I could have finished getting to rank 3 in nightwave a couple weeks ago if I wanted after I obtained my umbra forma and me missing out on 2 weeks due to being in the hospital.  I haven't done much of anything past that point.  

If your build is crappy without umbra forma I'm confused because if you forma a frame out properly and build it right you definitely don't need umbra forma to tear up star chart content in this game.  Is it better if a frame can run umbral intensify instead of normal intensify?  Yeah you get 14% more power strength/a power drift.  If you fit multiple umbral mods on it becomes 25% or 36% better, however, that's overkill on anything in the star chart.  

If you aren't playing because you can't stand the easy nightwave challenges why would you play if you had umbral forma.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life.

You aren't required to do all the challenges.  I could have finished getting to rank 3 in nightwave a couple weeks ago if I wanted after I obtained my umbra forma and me missing out on 2 weeks due to being in the hospital.  I haven't done much of anything past that point.  

If your build is crappy without umbra forma I'm confused because if you forma a frame out properly and build it right you definitely don't need umbra forma to tear up star chart content in this game.  Is it better if a frame can run umbral intensify instead of normal intensify?  Yeah you get 14% more power strength/a power drift.  If you fit multiple umbral mods on it becomes 25% or 36% better, however, that's overkill on anything in the star chart.  

If you aren't playing because you can't stand the easy nightwave challenges why would you play if you had umbral forma.  

What on earth are you talking about???? And who are you confusing me with?? Did you do the exact same thing as that other guy and just entered white knight mode without checking the quote thread? I NEVER complained about having to acquire the Umbra forma because I got them both. I NEVER mentioned that I needed or wanted to use my SECOND one. I NEVER mentioned I had to use them on a frame.

I MERELY mentioned that SOMEHOW, my second Umbra forma is not an option for me to use on any weapon even though it was before. I can only see I still have an unused Umbra forma that I may use on a FRAME (Not a weapon) if I polarize a frame. I don't even have the option to do so for any weapon, which seems to be a BUG considering my melee weapons were displaying forma and umbra forma options before.

I know some of you cheese heads are DE white knights, but if you feel the need to respond to something I never claimed you need to drop of the site and cool of your head for 10 minutes.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

What on earth are you talking about???? And who are you confusing me with?? Did you do the exact same thing as that other guy and just entered white knight mode without checking the quote thread? I NEVER complained about having to acquire the Umbra forma because I got them both. I NEVER mentioned that I needed or wanted to use my SECOND one. I NEVER mentioned I had to use them on a frame.

I MERELY mentioned that SOMEHOW, my second Umbra forma is not an option for me to use on any weapon even though it was before. I can only see I still have an unused Umbra forma that I may use on a FRAME (Not a weapon) if I polarize a frame. I don't even have the option to do so for any weapon, which seems to be a BUG considering my melee weapons were displaying forma and umbra forma options before.

I know some of you cheese heads are DE white knights, but if you feel the need to respond to something I never claimed you need to drop of the site and cool of your head for 10 minutes.

I used paragraphs.  First paragraph for you, rest for OP.  Maybe you need to cool off if you blow up so badly in reply.  

5 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I used paragraphs.  First paragraph for you, rest for OP.  Maybe you need to cool off if you blow up so badly in reply.  

Quote people properly. Otherwise, your entire response was for me because there was no context indicating otherwise.

And still, even if only this part of your post "Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life." was for me and nothing else, it is still is a needlessly aggressive response to merely pointing out that I am experiencing a bug. That's not how you get a reasonable response, so get off the keyboard and cool off your head if you still have the need to double down on being needlessly aggressive by justifying your response.

Edited by Jarriaga

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Quote people properly. Otherwise, your entire response was for me because there was no context indicating otherwise.

And still, even if "Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life." is still a needlessly aggressive response to merely pointing out that I am experiencing a bug.  That's not how you get a reasonable response, so get off the keyboard and cool off your head if you need to double down on being needlessly aggressive.

No it's just hilarious that you complain about not being able to use an item that we get 3 times a year on a weapon over a frame that could actually use it properly.  As for aggressive, nothing I said was aggressive if I wanted to be aggressive it would be obvious and likely require moderator attention.  

3 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

No it's just hilarious that you complain about not being able to use an item that we get 3 times a year on a weapon over a frame that could actually use it properly.  As for aggressive, nothing I said was aggressive if I wanted to be aggressive it would be obvious and likely require moderator attention.  

Yeah, here's the original post:

My second Umbra forma is unused, but depending on their availability, I may give it to Wukong Prime.

Curiously enough, I am experiencing a weird bug in which I am unable to even attempt to add the Umbra forma to a weapon. I am only provided the option to choose between regular forma and Umbra forma when polarizing a frame.

1) My intention is using it on a frame, not a weapon. This further shows you didn't read it.

2) Where do you draw the line between making an observation about something I noticed, and complaining?

3) "Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life."  is aggressive because you are projecting an intention that contradicts the intention of the original post, and add snark and dismissive sarcasm to it.

4) You are doubling down. Just because you are not insulting or using offensive words does not mean you were not being aggressive.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

Who even cares? I've yet to encounter any kind of content that requires me to have Umbra Forma's installed....

What is this nonsense? You dont need Umbra's, you dont even need arcanes or BiS mods and still be able to do 99% in this game.

Dont stress yourself with chasing Umbra's when in all reality there's no need to have them, just enjoy the game, not the rat race.

5 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yeah, here's the original post:

My second Umbra forma is unused, but depending on their availability, I may give it to Wukong Prime.

Curiously enough, I am experiencing a weird bug in which I am unable to even attempt to add the Umbra forma to a weapon. I am only provided the option to choose between regular forma and Umbra forma when polarizing a frame.

1) My intention is using it on a frame, not a weapon. This further shows you didn't read it.

2) Where do you draw the line between making an observation about something I noticed, and complaining?

3) "Oh no I can't waste something on X that would serve no purpose other then to reset the weapon to rank zero instead of thirty whatever will I do with my life."  is aggressive because you are projecting an intention that contradicts the intention of the original post, and add snark and dismissive sarcasm to it.

4) You are doubling down. Just because you are not insulting or using offensive words does not mean you were not being aggressive.

Sarcasm is aggressive now?  

It's a feature, not a bug.  DE probably saved themselves loads of support tickets by not having umbra forma able to be applied to weapons.  If you want to complain about something, complain about armor scaling or something that they should actually put man hours into.  

6 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Sarcasm is aggressive now?  

It's a feature, not a bug.  DE probably saved themselves loads of support tickets by not having umbra forma able to be applied to weapons.  If you want to complain about something, complain about armor scaling or something that they should actually put man hours into.  

Sarcasm, when projected in a way that shows you are blatantly dismissive of context even if it makes you look like you are either lying or trolling (Because my original post and your responses show you lied, willingly), is aggressive. More so when you are doubling down on it.

Specially when you're doubling down on it.

I doubt it's a feature, because it would have been documented on a hotfix and other people would have mentioned it. And still, where do you draw the line between making an observation (A puzzling one), and a complaint?

Edited by Jarriaga

6 hours ago, Klaleara said:

my life becomes "Login, do the dailies, logout"

It doesn't have to be that. You can recover weekly NW acts from previous weeks if you finish the current week, so if you wanted to, you could literally log in once in the final week of the NW and do the whole thing in one day. Dailies can't be recoved that way but you don't need them to reach rank 30.

Edited by SordidDreams

14 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It doesn't have to be that. You can recover weekly NW acts from previous weeks if you finish the current week, so if you wanted to, you could literally log in once in the final week of the NW and do the whole thing in one day. Dailies can't be recoved that way but you don't need them to reach rank 30.

That's a positive change from season 2, and it was made even better when the requirements to unlock past weekly challenges was changed so they are recovered once you are down to 3 from this week's list instead of after clearing them all. I experienced this in early September when I went on vacations with my fiancee and hopped off the game for 2 weeks, and then completed my missed challenges in a single weekend.

It was neat.

Nightwave is supposed to give people a reason to keep playing between big updates. It does this by punishing you for not playing enough. By setting a bunch of shiny new toys in front of you, and then threatening to take them away if you don't get them quick enough. This is why it so commonly ends up making people feel so discouraged, and can easily make feelings of burnout much worse.

This is why everyone dismissing the OP by saying they don't need the Umbra Forma are missing the point. It doesn't matter what the specific item is, or how useful it may be. What matters is that you want it. For one reason or another, you want it. And not being able to get something you want is discouraging. Especially when that thing has been dangling in front of your face like a juicy carrot on a stick for the past several months.

6 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

not playing enough

Not sure that is the full answer. Most of the time I can knock out the week's tasks in an hour or two. Some roll over because 3 sorties in a day is not possible or this week's invasion task. Going to do invasions as the Embassies appear. 

Think it is less on current time to play but more on total time played. Anyone not fully decked in best mods or missing rep / star chart completion is at a disadvantage. Beyond that it just not liking the fact the game is forcing you to do something in their "Fun Time".

That said idk why I keep doing NW after hitting 30... someone send help.

25 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

It does this by punishing you for not playing enough. By setting a bunch of shiny new toys in front of you, and then threatening to take them away if you don't get them quick enough.

Ah, yes, FOMO, the very thing it is purportedly intended to remove from the game.

• Like 1

For the most part if you are just running around playing the game you will inherently do the nw challenges without even realizing it.

And thats the point. Much like unlocking allied races in wow or rep grinding, or unlocking flying in wow.  You inherently complete reps and the like by just naturally doing quests for gold snd resources, and starter gear.

One can easily knock out the chsllenges in one go in a few hrs.  Then have nothing else for the week.  Or you can spread it out over a week.

Umbra forma are a rare reward.   Put in the minimal energy and you can get them.

Even as a average player i got rank 30 with weeks to spare.

Just pop in liesurely and play the different game mods youll inherently get it done.  Grab a buddy and chat well you do them together.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

With the catch-up feature they added in this nightwave I actually completed this series, as with series 1 I basically completely ignored it. However due to the catch up feature it's incredibly easy to reach level 30, which I managed to do in just 3 days. 

It is by no means hard or daunting and it quite literally gave me something to do, even if all the tasks are menial and boring. Just think of it as, this is my current task > if I can do more than one task per mission that's a bonus > task complete, only X more tasks till rank up, and you'll be 30 in no time.