Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaMadReaper

Children of the Flower (Alpha/Beta Squads)

Recommended Posts

1

- Mission 1: Shimmering Lights - 

Alpha + Beta

A ghost ship of the Grineer bearing no recognisable records or markings drifts silently on a path near Sedna, having appeared from what appears to be thin air, bearing technology capable of concealing its very existence from prying eyes. Many would hear tales of such outlandish claims and brush them off as a drunkard's ramblings. The Children, however, believe that this mysterious vessel is the perfect trial by fire to assess their new recruits. Separated by implanted groupings, the fresh blood had been instructed to meet with the remainder of their party and to prepare for takeoff, having been granted perhaps a few moments at most to organise among themselves and to enter position at their squad's respective coordinates. 

Alpha Squad

- Zero
- Lucas Edwards
- Donovan Tor

Beta Squad

- Morgan
- Marie Langley
- Volt-Edge
- Naradin Korslin

((Remember to tag your posts with your squad at the beginning of the post.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Lucas Edwards - Alpha Squad))

Lucas was only about half-way back on his trip to the ship when he...felt, or maybe heard....(ok, let's just say both at this stage) Argent give the squad assignments. Like he thought, he was in alpha, alongside Zero and a man by the name of Donovan Tor.

'Probably one of the tenno that signed up here. I'll meet him soon enough. Right now though? Need to get to those modifications ASAP. Zero isn't going to be able to kit-bash this sh*t together without me there to tell him what not to cut/weld/smack with a hammer...'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Locky122 said:

((Lucas Edwards - Alpha Squad))

Lucas was only about half-way back on his trip to the ship when he...felt, or maybe heard....(ok, let's just say both at this stage) Argent give the squad assignments. Like he thought, he was in alpha, alongside Zero and a man by the name of Donovan Tor.

'Probably one of the tenno that signed up here. I'll meet him soon enough. Right now though? Need to get to those modifications ASAP. Zero isn't going to be able to kit-bash this sh*t together without me there to tell him what not to cut/weld/smack with a hammer...'

Alpha Squad

Perhaps thankfully, Lucas would find Zero moving bars of aircraft-grade metal and piling them next to the Deliverance in preparation for fabrication into what they need to safely dock the Vanda Archwing to the ship. He would also find various umbilical cords lying around that could be used to directly connect the Archwing to the ship if needed.

"Let's get to work." said Zero, giving Lucas a nod as he started shaping the bars into handles for the Knux knuckles. "Can't keep them waiting."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MetroFallout said:

Alpha Squad

Perhaps thankfully, Lucas would find Zero moving bars of aircraft-grade metal and piling them next to the Deliverance in preparation for fabrication into what they need to safely dock the Vanda Archwing to the ship. He would also find various umbilical cords lying around that could be used to directly connect the Archwing to the ship if needed.

"Let's get to work." said Zero, giving Lucas a nod as he started shaping the bars into handles for the Knux knuckles. "Can't keep them waiting."

((Lucas Edwards - Alpha Squad)) 

Lucas went up to him before looking at his archwing, already going through the process of finding exactly where to put the damned thing. As he got next to zero, he brought up his wrist display, booting up the projector and displaying a hologram of the ship above it, showing possible mounting points for the Vanada based off his scans.

"Alright, we've got two options, those being the cargo bay at the rear of the ship, and the airlock/docking hub at the centre. Personally, i'd go for mounting it via the extendable docking clamp on the topside of the ship. the cargo bay, while giving us a lower scanner cross section if we choose to house the Vanada internally, would take way too long to fabricate, and will likely upset the weight balance of the craft. Not to mention that there's two massive thrusters mere metres away from you as you dock and undock. Not really an ideal entry/exit point.

The docking port, on the other hand, is a much easier approach. Since it'll most likely already have the re-enforcement needed to hold up the vessel even in stressful manoeuvres, all we'll need to do is modify the Vanada with a docking clamp that'd be compatible, wire up the neccisary electronics and supply transfer equipment, and then attach the damn thing. While i do have concerns about scanner cross-section, once detached, the clamp retracts back into the hull, so once you're off, it doesn't matter."

Lucas shut down the hologram and looked back at Zero.

"So, that sound good?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

{Naradin Korslin, Beta Squad}

 

Naradin just finished putting on his suit. The suit was metallic, dark grey. The nanotech gave the suit a smooth-skin like texture. Underneath the second skin, compartments for ammo and chemicals hid. On both shoulders of the suit, a simple hand with a hammer was painted in a silvery color, a symbol of what Naradin was originally. The helmet was fused with a gas mask, to protect him from his chemicals.

 

He was stepping out of the locker room when he received the mental message. These types of messages always bothered him. The feeling of something invading your mind was a discomforting, I humane sensation.

“Well, suppose I better catch a ride,” he muttered to himself. Naradin couldn’t afford a ship, for they were extremely expensive. Last time he owned one, it was blown to smithereens.

 

He ran to the decking area, hoping someone will give him a lift. Maybe one of his team was still at the docking area. 

 

When he arrived, he called out, desperate for a ride.

”Hey!” he shouted, “Anyone on Beta that has an extra seat I could borrow?”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

 

{Naradin Korslin, Beta Squad}

 

Naradin just finished putting on his suit. The suit was metallic, dark grey. The nanotech gave the suit a smooth-skin like texture. Underneath the second skin, compartments for ammo and chemicals hid. On both shoulders of the suit, a simple hand with a hammer was painted in a silvery color, a symbol of what Naradin was originally. The helmet was fused with a gas mask, to protect him from his chemicals.

 

He was stepping out of the locker room when he received the mental message. These types of messages always bothered him. The feeling of something invading your mind was a discomforting, I humane sensation.

“Well, suppose I better catch a ride,” he muttered to himself. Naradin couldn’t afford a ship, for they were extremely expensive. Last time he owned one, it was blown to smithereens.

 

He ran to the decking area, hoping someone will give him a lift. Maybe one of his team was still at the docking area. 

 

When he arrived, he called out, desperate for a ride.

”Hey!” he shouted, “Anyone on Beta that has an extra seat I could borrow?”

 

 

[Morgan - Beta Team]

Amongst Beta Team's four man squad, Morgan was preparing the final modifications on her weapons outside of her Liset, AR rounds for her Pandero, Incendiary rounds for her Soma Prime and an extra bit of sharpening on her Nikana Prime for to ensure her blade could cut though that cloned and degrading flesh they loved to replace. Today, she'd help speed up the process a bit. She spun her Revolver and holstered it to her side but she heard the request for one human to catch a ride.

There came a sharp whistle to draw the attention of the human and a wave of her hand to beckon them over "Over here! I got room for one more on my Liset to my Orbiter." she pointed out. She tapped on her Liset's console and opened up a slot where it could fit a person for emergencies in the bulk of the Liset was made with Organic Armour and Alloy steel to provide adequate protection for in flight transport and void travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-17 at 6:09 AM, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

{Naradin Korslin, Beta Squad}

 

Naradin just finished putting on his suit. The suit was metallic, dark grey. The nanotech gave the suit a smooth-skin like texture. Underneath the second skin, compartments for ammo and chemicals hid. On both shoulders of the suit, a simple hand with a hammer was painted in a silvery color, a symbol of what Naradin was originally. The helmet was fused with a gas mask, to protect him from his chemicals.

 

He was stepping out of the locker room when he received the mental message. These types of messages always bothered him. The feeling of something invading your mind was a discomforting, I humane sensation.

“Well, suppose I better catch a ride,” he muttered to himself. Naradin couldn’t afford a ship, for they were extremely expensive. Last time he owned one, it was blown to smithereens.

 

He ran to the decking area, hoping someone will give him a lift. Maybe one of his team was still at the docking area. 

 

When he arrived, he called out, desperate for a ride.

”Hey!” he shouted, “Anyone on Beta that has an extra seat I could borrow?”

On 2019-09-17 at 6:38 AM, Drakeardian said:

[Morgan - Beta Team]

Amongst Beta Team's four man squad, Morgan was preparing the final modifications on her weapons outside of her Liset, AR rounds for her Pandero, Incendiary rounds for her Soma Prime and an extra bit of sharpening on her Nikana Prime for to ensure her blade could cut though that cloned and degrading flesh they loved to replace. Today, she'd help speed up the process a bit. She spun her Revolver and holstered it to her side but she heard the request for one human to catch a ride.

There came a sharp whistle to draw the attention of the human and a wave of her hand to beckon them over "Over here! I got room for one more on my Liset to my Orbiter." she pointed out. She tapped on her Liset's console and opened up a slot where it could fit a person for emergencies in the bulk of the Liset was made with Organic Armour and Alloy steel to provide adequate protection for in flight transport and void travel.

[Marie - Beta Team]

After learning of the squad assignments and her new team of the assassination-focused Beta Squad, Marie had returned to the docking area where her Liset was. So, I am teamed up with that 'Morgan' from earlier. I see. 'Vold-Edge' and 'Naradin' are my other two teammates. The former has a strange name. Is it an alias? I must ask them. She thought as she walked through the docking area. While Marie walked, she spotted Morgan nearby near a Liset, alongside a Human who she was talking to. I wonder if that Human is 'Volt-Edge' or 'Naradin'. Marie thought. She turned, and began walking towards Morgan and the Human.

"Hello. It seems like we are on the same team, Morgan. Who is that there?" Marie asked Morgan, glancing over towards the direction of the Human who had just called to Morgan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-16 at 10:59 PM, Locky122 said:

((Lucas Edwards - Alpha Squad)) 

Lucas went up to him before looking at his archwing, already going through the process of finding exactly where to put the damned thing. As he got next to zero, he brought up his wrist display, booting up the projector and displaying a hologram of the ship above it, showing possible mounting points for the Vanda based off his scans.

"Alright, we've got two options, those being the cargo bay at the rear of the ship, and the airlock/docking hub at the centre. Personally, i'd go for mounting it via the extendable docking clamp on the topside of the ship. the cargo bay, while giving us a lower scanner cross section if we choose to house the Vanda internally, would take way too long to fabricate, and will likely upset the weight balance of the craft. Not to mention that there's two massive thrusters mere metres away from you as you dock and undock. Not really an ideal entry/exit point.

The docking port, on the other hand, is a much easier approach. Since it'll most likely already have the re-enforcement needed to hold up the vessel even in stressful manoeuvres, all we'll need to do is modify the Vanda with a docking clamp that'd be compatible, wire up the neccisary electronics and supply transfer equipment, and then attach the damn thing. While i do have concerns about scanner cross-section, once detached, the clamp retracts back into the hull, so once you're off, it doesn't matter."

Lucas shut down the hologram and looked back at Zero.

"So, that sound good?" 

Zero simply gave Lucas a thumbs up and got to work placing the material that was shaped along with its reinforcements where they were needed while making sure that the aerodynamic properties of the ship weren't interfered with too badly by the addition of the bars and Vanda itself if and when it's docked in-atmo. When the modifications were done, he quickly packed up the tools. If he's right about Lucas' level of professionalism, the other human will be performing pre-flight checks with the onboard A.I and getting ready to lift off.

"I'm ready to go when you are. Vanda's stowed away." said Zero, sitting at the seat that Lucas had indicated for him to sit in the auxiliary cockpit in front of a turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

Zero simply gave Lucas a thumbs up and got to work placing the material that was shaped along with its reinforcements where they were needed while making sure that the aerodynamic properties of the ship weren't interfered with too badly by the addition of the bars and Vanda itself if and when it's docked in-atmo. When the modifications were done, he quickly packed up the tools. If he's right about Lucas' level of professionalism, the other human will be performing pre-flight checks with the onboard A.I and getting ready to lift off.

"I'm ready to go when you are. Vanda's stowed away." said Zero, sitting at the seat that Lucas had indicated for him to sit above the cockpit behind a turret.

Once he made sure Zero wasn't going to break anything while working on the ship, Lucas made his way inside and began his pre-flight checklist.

Starting with the area around the craft, He checked the landing legs, engine nacelles and other things like panels, maintenance readouts and diagnostic checks on software before heading to the rear cargo lift. Reaching the lift itself, he stepped on and made his way into the vessel itself, locking the lift in place once it was secured. Once a thorough check of the cargo area was made (Supplies secured and no loose debris around the place in case things get bumpy), Lucas began the forward checks that eventually led to the cockpit.

By the time he was reaching his seat, it had been a solid 20 minutes, with Lucas noting that Zero had gotten to the stage where he was maneuvering his Vanada into position for final placement, and he likely wouldn't take too much longer. Getting back on track, however, the man positioned himself in his seat, and began booting up systems. As he began, the screens in front of him flickered to life, and a smooth synthetic voice spoke from both the cockpit speakers and the comms.

"Auxillary systems online. Startup sequence initiated - Welcome aboard, Commander Edwards, Shall i commence launch protocols?"

Celeste - the ship based AI. Another carryover from the ship's ancient heritage, this program proved to be just as good, if not better, than a cephalon - monitoring the status of the vessel and the space around it constantly to make sure things were going smoothly. He usually went straight for the startup as soon as he sat down, but paused to givezero time to finish.

"Not quite yet, Celeste. Zero's gotta finish his modifications before we can do diagnostics and get this ball rolling..."

Celeste replied in here ever smooth accent, respecting the pilot's request/

"Understood, sir. I will await further instruction..."

Not 5 minutes later, Zero was heard coming through the door behind him, Lucas hearing that the Vanada has been fitted and stowed away.

"Nice. Just have to do some final diagnostics and then we can get outta here. Celeste - begin startup diagnostics and luanch sequence"

A simple acknowledgement was all she gave as she went to work. First was the reactor. A low thrum could be heard as it powered up from idle, while the displays on both Lucas' and Zero's cockpits lit up with more information. Power output, engine temps, weapon status, sheilds, the works. Reactor spooled and reading stable power levels, the fuel pumps kicked in, and in short order, the engines were started - quickly coming up to their idle temps and run speeds. Shortly after the autoloaders for the turrets cycled, mechanical thuds sounding from them as they completed their tests. And with that all done, they were ready to go. Lucas linked up with the intercom with zero, giving him a heads up.

"Alright, we're set. Just need to get clearance and we're burning out of here. you want to handle that?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-16 at 10:38 PM, Drakeardian said:

[Morgan - Beta Team]

Amongst Beta Team's four man squad, Morgan was preparing the final modifications on her weapons outside of her Liset, AR rounds for her Pandero, Incendiary rounds for her Soma Prime and an extra bit of sharpening on her Nikana Prime for to ensure her blade could cut though that cloned and degrading flesh they loved to replace. Today, she'd help speed up the process a bit. She spun her Revolver and holstered it to her side but she heard the request for one human to catch a ride.

There came a sharp whistle to draw the attention of the human and a wave of her hand to beckon them over "Over here! I got room for one more on my Liset to my Orbiter." she pointed out. She tapped on her Liset's console and opened up a slot where it could fit a person for emergencies in the bulk of the Liset was made with Organic Armour and Alloy steel to provide adequate protection for in flight transport and void travel.

 

2 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

[Marie - Beta Team]

After learning of the squad assignments and her new team of the assassination-focused Beta Squad, Marie had returned to the docking area where her Liset was. So, I am teamed up with that 'Morgan' from earlier. I see. 'Vold-Edge' and 'Naradin' are my other two teammates. The former has a strange name. Is it an alias? I must ask them. She thought as she walked through the docking area. While Marie walked, she spotted Morgan nearby near a Liset, alongside a Human who she was talking to. I wonder if that Human is 'Volt-Edge' or 'Naradin'. Marie thought. She turned, and began walking towards Morgan and the Human.

"Hello. It seems like we are on the same team, Morgan. Who is that there?" Marie asked Morgan, glancing over towards the direction of the Human who had just called to Morgan.

"Thank you ma'am," Naradin said, thankful for the ride. It was not often he encountered simple kindness. Usually, generosity was soon followed with murder or blackmail in the criminal underworld. Hopefully, the Tenno were not as despicable as the criminal organizations he encountered. 

He quickly observed the two Tenno ladies. They both seemed young. However, Naradin heard rumors that some the Tenno could be as old as the ancient Orokin empire. Personally, Naradin never believed those stories. A person could live up to 150 years old currently, but to live for hundreds of years? That seemed impossible. 

 

Well, at least your getting a ride. So stop thinking the implications of aging and start making some conversation with the two Tenno. Weren't they at the feast earlier? Also, what were their names? One was Morgan, the other was Marie.

 

"Im sorry that I didn't introduce myself before intruding. My name is Naradin. Pleasure to meet ya'lls acquaintance," Naradin casually said, "What might ya'll's name be?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Locky122 said:

Once he made sure Zero wasn't going to break anything while working on the ship, Lucas made his way inside and began his pre-flight checklist.

Starting with the area around the craft, He checked the landing legs, engine nacelles and other things like panels, maintenance readouts and diagnostic checks on software before heading to the rear cargo lift. Reaching the lift itself, he stepped on and made his way into the vessel itself, locking the lift in place once it was secured. Once a thorough check of the cargo area was made (Supplies secured and no loose debris around the place in case things get bumpy), Lucas began the forward checks that eventually led to the cockpit.

By the time he was reaching his seat, it had been a solid 20 minutes, with Lucas noting that Zero had gotten to the stage where he was maneuvering his Vanada into position for final placement, and he likely wouldn't take too much longer. Getting back on track, however, the man positioned himself in his seat, and began booting up systems. As he began, the screens in front of him flickered to life, and a smooth synthetic voice spoke from both the cockpit speakers and the comms.

"Auxillary systems online. Startup sequence initiated - Welcome aboard, Commander Edwards, Shall i commence launch protocols?"

Celeste - the ship based AI. Another carryover from the ship's ancient heritage, this program proved to be just as good, if not better, than a cephalon - monitoring the status of the vessel and the space around it constantly to make sure things were going smoothly. He usually went straight for the startup as soon as he sat down, but paused to givezero time to finish.

"Not quite yet, Celeste. Zero's gotta finish his modifications before we can do diagnostics and get this ball rolling..."

Celeste replied in here ever smooth accent, respecting the pilot's request/

"Understood, sir. I will await further instruction..."

Not 5 minutes later, Zero was heard coming through the door behind him, Lucas hearing that the Vanada has been fitted and stowed away.

"Nice. Just have to do some final diagnostics and then we can get outta here. Celeste - begin startup diagnostics and luanch sequence"

A simple acknowledgement was all she gave as she went to work. First was the reactor. A low thrum could be heard as it powered up from idle, while the displays on both Lucas' and Zero's cockpits lit up with more information. Power output, engine temps, weapon status, sheilds, the works. Reactor spooled and reading stable power levels, the fuel pumps kicked in, and in short order, the engines were started - quickly coming up to their idle temps and run speeds. Shortly after the autoloaders for the turrets cycled, mechanical thuds sounding from them as they completed their tests. And with that all done, they were ready to go. Lucas linked up with the intercom with zero, giving him a heads up.

"Alright, we're set. Just need to get clearance and we're burning out of here. you want to handle that?"

"Yeah I got it." said Zero before putting the ship through to the relay's ATC. "This is Zero, formerly Garmr-1. My current callsign will be Garmr-2 from here on in. Requesting takeoff from Dock 407."

"Understood Garmr-2. You have permission to take off. Please proceed now. Good hunting."

"Acknowledged. Ship restraints releasing now, will proceed to leave through the airlock promptly." said Zero, looking at the display that was before him. "The rest is up to you Edwards... or should I say, Garmr-1."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MetroFallout said:

"Yeah I got it." said Zero before putting the ship through to the relay's ATC. "This is Zero, formerly Garmr-1. My current callsign will be Garmr-2 from here on in. Requesting takeoff from Dock 407."

"Understood Garmr-2. You have permission to take off. Please proceed now. Good hunting."

"Acknowledged. Ship restraints releasing now, will proceed to leave through the airlock promptly." said Zero, looking at the display that was before him. "The rest is up to you Edwards... or should I say, Garmr-1."

"Garmr-1? Really? Eh, at least it's hard to mess up with anything. Good luck pronouncing it from text, though. Right - let's get this show on the road."

With that, Lucas increased throttle, engines roaring to life as they battled gravity; the craft slowly rising from the pad. Rotating the nacelles, Lucas directed the thrust so the Deliverance eased backwards, raising the landing gear as he crossed the pad threshold. Once in open lanes, he turned the craft towards the exit - the numerous control thrusters as well as the landing engines aiding in doing so - and once he was lined up, he engaged the main engines. Even at this low throttle setting, the vessel gained speed quite quickly, and before long at all, the Deliverance was in open space. After a brief moment of weightlesness, the artificial gravity kicked in, and the two were officially on their way.

"Incoming navigational data - uploading to flight computer now." Celeste stated as a new notification popped up on lucas' screens.

"Well Zero, there she is. Got the co-ords locked in and ready to make the transition to FTL. Game plan, at least how I plan on making this game work, is for us to jump and scout around a bit 'til the rest of the squads arrive. While we're there, until things get heated, we're both on scanners - spiking targets and strategic points of interest. Once the fighting starts, however, you'll go straight to the Vanada, take out smaller targets and do close range assaults on the ship where you can get past the defence systems. I'll stick to larger targets and possibly long-range bombardment if needed. However, this'll all hinge on what Donovan is bringing to the table. If he's got a bigger ship, I'll join you up close, providing heavier firepower when you decide you want some bigger holes made..."

Realising that he had left the station controlled space a while ago, Lucas turned to lock in the co-ordinates for the ship, and lined up for his entry into supercruise.

"Right. Let's do this!"

And with that, he charged the drives, pushed the throttle to full, and shot the Deliverance into the inky black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

 

"Thank you ma'am," Naradin said, thankful for the ride. It was not often he encountered simple kindness. Usually, generosity was soon followed with murder or blackmail in the criminal underworld. Hopefully, the Tenno were not as despicable as the criminal organizations he encountered. 

He quickly observed the two Tenno ladies. They both seemed young. However, Naradin heard rumors that some the Tenno could be as old as the ancient Orokin empire. Personally, Naradin never believed those stories. A person could live up to 150 years old currently, but to live for hundreds of years? That seemed impossible. 

 

Well, at least your getting a ride. So stop thinking the implications of aging and start making some conversation with the two Tenno. Weren't they at the feast earlier? Also, what were their names? One was Morgan, the other was Marie.

 

"I'm sorry that I didn't introduce myself before intruding. My name is Naradin. Pleasure to meet ya'lls acquaintance," Naradin casually said, "What might ya'll's name be?"

 

5 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:

[Marie - Beta Team]

After learning of the squad assignments and her new team of the assassination-focused Beta Squad, Marie had returned to the docking area where her Liset was. So, I am teamed up with that 'Morgan' from earlier. I see. 'Vold-Edge' and 'Naradin' are my other two teammates. The former has a strange name. Is it an alias? I must ask them. She thought as she walked through the docking area. While Marie walked, she spotted Morgan nearby near a Liset, alongside a Human who she was talking to. I wonder if that Human is 'Volt-Edge' or 'Naradin'. Marie thought. She turned, and began walking towards Morgan and the Human.

"Hello. It seems like we are on the same team, Morgan. Who is that there?" Marie asked Morgan, glancing over towards the direction of the Human who had just called to Morgan.

Morgan - Beta Team

The Gauss has approached the Prime and asked about a particular human, Morgan looked over to the human then shrugged at her "I'm not sure but I'm sure we'll know sure enough. It'll be a pleasure to work with you both" the Prime answered with a rather unsure tone in her voice, she looked over her sharpened blade and stroked a finger across it before sheathing it into it's sheath. She then stood her Warframe up and made sure the Soma was cocked with a round, the En-bloc clip letting off a cracking noise as a round was loaded. She then holsters her rifle and rolled her shoulders as the human approached the two.

What in the Void does Yall mean? Morgan put that to one side and simply answered "I'm Morgan, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Have you worked with Tenno before?" she answered. it seemed a bit weird to chat to a rather masculine prime with a feminine voice. It was one of the rather odd quirks of being one of the Zariman Tenno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2

All

The relay is always a site to behold when larger scale gatherings begin to depart from them. For a few, transient moments, the dull gray of their metal exterior is painted in streaks of starlight, the colors of the rainbow painting their way through dark skies, destined for some destination far, far away. The shooting stars streak into the emptiness of space, returning the gentle blanket of night to its undisturbed tranquility. The travel takes minutes at most, the landscape blurred, the maglocks holding everyone in a position that prevents them from becoming smears against the back wall of their respective ships. Slowly, the stomach-churning lurch of the stop comes, and you find yourselves face to face with it. A mass of muted greens and browns adorning smooth curves that ripple through space, easily the length of the Fomorians, but long rather than tall, a dreadnought more so than a galleon. Ever so slowly, it drifted through the void of space, a snail's pace by the standards of many ships, but much more quiet as well. Under the watchful eye of the colored pinpoint of Sedna, the Tenno feel its sheer weight pressing down on them even from a distance.

The worm wriggles in the minds of the recruits, its ceaseless shifting giving way to voiceless voice as Argent chimes directly into their minds. It seemed that this would be his preferred method of communication to the group, at least for the time being.

"Feast your eyes on the target, friends. From this exact moment, the... nevermind. The cell's initial operation, the raid of the Half-Light, has begun. The mental link will be kept active between myself and every member of the group until such a time that the operation is deemed concluded, and comms have been provided for intra-group communication. With all of that said, hold position until further orders are provided."

Alpha

"Alpha Group, you are to maintain distance from the ship, and attempt to locate the orbs of detection deadzones location around the ship. Attempt to ascertain the nature of the Lanterns, but avoid detection until your orders have been altered. Furthermore, watch for any reinforcements, though none are expected just yet."

Beta

"Beta Group, your group will be the first to enter. No restriction on weapon use, ship-tied or otherwised. However, do keep in mind that the less property damage the ship sustains, the better. I have marked suitable locations for a stealthier entrance, if you wish to keep your havoc to the insides of the ship. Take position at your entrance point, and await Gamma and Delta Groups' infiltration, in order to avoid drawing undue scrutiny before they have a chance to enter."

It would take only a few seconds before zones of red are marked along the flanks of the ship towards the back where the hull could be breached without too much damage to the interior, along with two airlocks on opposite flanks of the ship, likely reachable by Archwing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
On 2019-09-18 at 11:49 AM, Drakeardian said:

 

Morgan - Beta Team

The Gauss has approached the Prime and asked about a particular human, Morgan looked over to the human then shrugged at her "I'm not sure but I'm sure we'll know sure enough. It'll be a pleasure to work with you both" the Prime answered with a rather unsure tone in her voice, she looked over her sharpened blade and stroked a finger across it before sheathing it into it's sheath. She then stood her Warframe up and made sure the Soma was cocked with a round, the En-bloc clip letting off a cracking noise as a round was loaded. She then holsters her rifle and rolled her shoulders as the human approached the two.

What in the Void does Yall mean? Morgan put that to one side and simply answered "I'm Morgan, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Have you worked with Tenno before?" she answered. it seemed a bit weird to chat to a rather masculine prime with a feminine voice. It was one of the rather odd quirks of being one of the Zariman Tenno

 

 

Volt-Edge - Beta Team

Finally arriving in his Liset, he practically barges into the conversation over the comms.

"Hey, guys!  Volty here!  Sorry I took so long, was taking FOREVER to get my loadout ready!  Gotta clean out the barrels, make sure your swords are sharpened, make sure you stock on ammo, blah blah bla- Eh, you know how it is.  ANYWHO, I'ma get my sentinel ready and prep the ole Archwing.  Been a while since I used that thing," he says with a somewhat nervous chuckle.

Spoiler
On 2019-09-18 at 12:01 PM, DaMadReaper said:

2

All

The relay is always a site to behold when larger scale gatherings begin to depart from them. For a few, transient moments, the dull gray of their metal exterior is painted in streaks of starlight, the colors of the rainbow painting their way through dark skies, destined for some destination far, far away. The shooting stars streak into the emptiness of space, returning the gentle blanket of night to its undisturbed tranquility. The travel takes minutes at most, the landscape blurred, the maglocks holding everyone in a position that prevents them from becoming smears against the back wall of their respective ships. Slowly, the stomach-churning lurch of the stop comes, and you find yourselves face to face with it. A mass of muted greens and browns adorning smooth curves that ripple through space, easily the length of the Fomorians, but long rather than tall, a dreadnought more so than a galleon. Ever so slowly, it drifted through the void of space, a snail's pace by the standards of many ships, but much more quiet as well. Under the watchful eye of the colored pinpoint of Sedna, the Tenno feel its sheer weight pressing down on them even from a distance.

The worm wriggles in the minds of the recruits, its ceaseless shifting giving way to voiceless voice as Argent chimes directly into their minds. It seemed that this would be his preferred method of communication to the group, at least for the time being.

"Feast your eyes on the target, friends. From this exact moment, the... nevermind. The cell's initial operation, the raid of the Half-Light, has begun. The mental link will be kept active between myself and every member of the group until such a time that the operation is deemed concluded, and comms have been provided for intra-group communication. With all of that said, hold position until further orders are provided."

Alpha

"Alpha Group, you are to maintain distance from the ship, and attempt to locate the orbs of detection deadzones location around the ship. Attempt to ascertain the nature of the Lanterns, but avoid detection until your orders have been altered. Furthermore, watch for any reinforcements, though none are expected just yet."

Beta

"Beta Group, your group will be the first to enter. No restriction on weapon use, ship-tied or otherwised. However, do keep in mind that the less property damage the ship sustains, the better. I have marked suitable locations for a stealthier entrance, if you wish to keep your havoc to the insides of the ship. Take position at your entrance point, and await Gamma and Delta Groups' infiltration, in order to avoid drawing undue scrutiny before they have a chance to enter."

It would take only a few seconds before zones of red are marked along the flanks of the ship towards the back where the hull could be breached without too much damage to the interior, along with two airlocks on opposite flanks of the ship, likely reachable by Archwing.

 

 

The sudden invasion of his mind was irritating to both him and his... mental compatriots.

"GEEZ!  Doesn't this guy ever shut up?  Also, why the actual muck does he ALWAYS have to use his psychokinetic crap on us?"

"Honest to goodness question.  For now, let's not worry about it.  We've got a mission to do."

"Oh, do we ever..." Volt-Edge said aloud with an almost sinister tone as he rubbed his hands together again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-19 at 2:01 AM, DaMadReaper said:

2

All

The relay is always a site to behold when larger scale gatherings begin to depart from them. For a few, transient moments, the dull gray of their metal exterior is painted in streaks of starlight, the colors of the rainbow painting their way through dark skies, destined for some destination far, far away. The shooting stars streak into the emptiness of space, returning the gentle blanket of night to its undisturbed tranquility. The travel takes minutes at most, the landscape blurred, the maglocks holding everyone in a position that prevents them from becoming smears against the back wall of their respective ships. Slowly, the stomach-churning lurch of the stop comes, and you find yourselves face to face with it. A mass of muted greens and browns adorning smooth curves that ripple through space, easily the length of the Fomorians, but long rather than tall, a dreadnought more so than a galleon. Ever so slowly, it drifted through the void of space, a snail's pace by the standards of many ships, but much more quiet as well. Under the watchful eye of the colored pinpoint of Sedna, the Tenno feel its sheer weight pressing down on them even from a distance.

The worm wriggles in the minds of the recruits, its ceaseless shifting giving way to voiceless voice as Argent chimes directly into their minds. It seemed that this would be his preferred method of communication to the group, at least for the time being.

"Feast your eyes on the target, friends. From this exact moment, the... nevermind. The cell's initial operation, the raid of the Half-Light, has begun. The mental link will be kept active between myself and every member of the group until such a time that the operation is deemed concluded, and comms have been provided for intra-group communication. With all of that said, hold position until further orders are provided."

Alpha

"Alpha Group, you are to maintain distance from the ship, and attempt to locate the orbs of detection deadzones location around the ship. Attempt to ascertain the nature of the Lanterns, but avoid detection until your orders have been altered. Furthermore, watch for any reinforcements, though none are expected just yet."

Beta

"Beta Group, your group will be the first to enter. No restriction on weapon use, ship-tied or otherwised. However, do keep in mind that the less property damage the ship sustains, the better. I have marked suitable locations for a stealthier entrance, if you wish to keep your havoc to the insides of the ship. Take position at your entrance point, and await Gamma and Delta Groups' infiltration, in order to avoid drawing undue scrutiny before they have a chance to enter."

It would take only a few seconds before zones of red are marked along the flanks of the ship towards the back where the hull could be breached without too much damage to the interior, along with two airlocks on opposite flanks of the ship, likely reachable by Archwing.

[Alpha Squad] 

A short flash of light would be all that would signal the arrival of the Deliverance. Lucas looked out towards the target vessel, mostly just taking in the sheer mass of the thing. The briefings were one thing, but to see it in person was another entirely. 

Shaking his head to get him back into the rhythm of things, Lucas immediately brought up the scanner display - working to find how many ships were defending this thing, as well as find out just what was hiding behind those black spots mentioned in the briefing. 

"Keep your eyes on that scanner, Zero. We've got to see what we're dealing with here..." 

As he said that, lucas slowly eased on throttle, not climbing above half way to keep his thermal signature down. Still, the vessel began to patrol around the area, attempting to pick up any signal it could zero in on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
On 2019-09-19 at 2:01 AM, DaMadReaper said:

2

All

The relay is always a site to behold when larger scale gatherings begin to depart from them. For a few, transient moments, the dull gray of their metal exterior is painted in streaks of starlight, the colors of the rainbow painting their way through dark skies, destined for some destination far, far away. The shooting stars streak into the emptiness of space, returning the gentle blanket of night to its undisturbed tranquility. The travel takes minutes at most, the landscape blurred, the maglocks holding everyone in a position that prevents them from becoming smears against the back wall of their respective ships. Slowly, the stomach-churning lurch of the stop comes, and you find yourselves face to face with it. A mass of muted greens and browns adorning smooth curves that ripple through space, easily the length of the Fomorians, but long rather than tall, a dreadnought more so than a galleon. Ever so slowly, it drifted through the void of space, a snail's pace by the standards of many ships, but much more quiet as well. Under the watchful eye of the colored pinpoint of Sedna, the Tenno feel its sheer weight pressing down on them even from a distance.

The worm wriggles in the minds of the recruits, its ceaseless shifting giving way to voiceless voice as Argent chimes directly into their minds. It seemed that this would be his preferred method of communication to the group, at least for the time being.

"Feast your eyes on the target, friends. From this exact moment, the... nevermind. The cell's initial operation, the raid of the Half-Light, has begun. The mental link will be kept active between myself and every member of the group until such a time that the operation is deemed concluded, and comms have been provided for intra-group communication. With all of that said, hold position until further orders are provided."

Beta

"Beta Group, your group will be the first to enter. No restriction on weapon use, ship-tied or otherwised. However, do keep in mind that the less property damage the ship sustains, the better. I have marked suitable locations for a stealthier entrance, if you wish to keep your havoc to the insides of the ship. Take position at your entrance point, and await Gamma and Delta Groups' infiltration, in order to avoid drawing undue scrutiny before they have a chance to enter."

It would take only a few seconds before zones of red are marked along the flanks of the ship towards the back where the hull could be breached without too much damage to the interior, along with two airlocks on opposite flanks of the ship, likely reachable by Archwing.

5 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

Volt-Edge - Beta Team

Finally arriving in his Liset, he practically barges into the conversation over the comms.

"Hey, guys!  Volty here!  Sorry I took so long, was taking FOREVER to get my loadout ready!  Gotta clean out the barrels, make sure your swords are sharpened, make sure you stock on ammo, blah blah bla- Eh, you know how it is.  ANYWHO, I'ma get my sentinel ready and prep the ole Archwing.  Been a while since I used that thing," he says with a somewhat nervous chuckle.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

The sudden invasion of his mind was irritating to both him and his... mental compatriots.

"GEEZ!  Doesn't this guy ever shut up?  Also, why the actual muck does he ALWAYS have to use his psychokinetic crap on us?"

"Honest to goodness question.  For now, let's not worry about it.  We've got a mission to do."

"Oh, do we ever..." Volt-Edge said aloud with an almost sinister tone as he rubbed his hands together again.

 

[Marie - Beta Team]

After getting into her Liset, Marie had travelled to the rendezvous point alongside the rest of the various teams. Her eyes widened as she looked down towards the dreadnaught-like Grineer Galleon. So that is the 'ghost ship'. It is very large, it makes you wonder how they can hide such a big object. Marie thought. She checked through her equipment, making sure that her Archwing and weapons were ready. Once she was sure that all her weaponry was prepared, Marie got onto her Comms. The one named Volt-Edge is already on Comms? He is very talkative. She thought.

"Are all of us in Beta Squad here, on Comms? If we are to await for Gamma and Delta's infiltration, we should determine a battle plan in the meantime. Which entrance into the Grineer ship should we take?" Marie said over the Beta Squad Comms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Locky122 said:

[Alpha Squad] 

A short flash of light would be all that would signal the arrival of the Deliverance. Lucas looked out towards the target vessel, mostly just taking in the sheer mass of the thing. The briefings were one thing, but to see it in person was another entirely. 

Shaking his head to get him back into the rhythm of things, Lucas immediately brought up the scanner display - working to find how many ships were defending this thing, as well as find out just what was hiding behind those black spots mentioned in the briefing. 

"Keep your eyes on that scanner, Zero. We've got to see what we're dealing with here..." 

As he said that, lucas slowly eased on throttle, not climbing above half way to keep his thermal signature down. Still, the vessel began to patrol around the area, attempting to pick up any signal it could zero in on. 

"I have a better idea actually. Vanda's much stealthier than the Deliverance. I'll deploy and scout ahead." said Zero, getting up from his seat. "Hide the Deliverance behind some debris for now, I'll be your eyes until it's time to start the attack."

Heading to the Deliverance's airlock, he activated his Vanda Stamen suit's thruster systems and prepared to climb out and dock with the Vanda archwing.

"Hold the ship at a steady speed Garmr-1, I'll maneuver myself into my Archwing." said Zero over the comms when the airlock had finished cycling all the air out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:
  Hide contents

 

[Marie - Beta Team]

After getting into her Liset, Marie had travelled to the rendezvous point alongside the rest of the various teams. Her eyes widened as she looked down towards the dreadnaught-like Grineer Galleon. So that is the 'ghost ship'. It is very large, it makes you wonder how they can hide such a big object. Marie thought. She checked through her equipment, making sure that her Archwing and weapons were ready. Once she was sure that all her weaponry was prepared, Marie got onto her Comms. The one named Volt-Edge is already on Comms? He is very talkative. She thought.

"Are all of us in Beta Squad here, on Comms? If we are to await for Gamma and Delta's infiltration, we should determine a battle plan in the meantime. Which entrance into the Grineer ship should we take?" Marie said over the Beta Squad Comms.

[Volt-Edge - Beta Team]

Volt is excited to hear his fellow teammate's voice.  "Finally!" he thought to himself.  "To work with a team again..."

He took a look at the optional entrances.  He loved the thought of going in with a big KABOOM, but he knew they needed the ship intact.  As much as he hated it, he wondered if they'd be better off going through the airlocks.  But then again, they DID need to act as a distraction, so...

"Eh, I dunno.  I kinda like the thought of breaching the hull, considering the fact that it'll most likely be a better distraction for Gamma and Delta to do their dirty work.  Not to mention the fact that it'll even more likely get the Commander's attention than going through the airlocks."  *His matter-of-factual tone changes to excitement*  "And need I even mention how badass it'll be when we make our entrance with a BANG?"

He paused for a moment.

"Then again, they did want us to keep it as intact as possible.  I kinda think we should still go all out with the distraction...  I dunno, whaddya guys think?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donovan Tor - Alpha Team

 

The Arca Sylo, a crude and experimental attempt at bringing the same mixture of Sentient and Corpus tech used within the Raknoid's or the Orb Vallis into space; sadly for the Corpus through, the ship containing both it's prototype and blueprints fell long ago to Donovan's merry band of Pirates, and all attempt at getting it back had backfired.

The ship itself was nothing more than a modified Gox spacecraft, two large proxy arms hanging underneath the ship itself in place of the ship's standard weapons as they held a large plasma machine gun while on the top side of the ship's blocky frame an old laser cannon was present, a red and blue raknoid head also hanged from the ship's front hull, but for now being nothing more than a decorative piece as it's electronics and function had yet to be figured out by the pirates.

Inside of the strange ship, Donovan sat quietly within the small cockpit, the echoes of Shawsin music playing in the background, all this time the prince held his comms microphone silent, simply listening to the other two members of his team as they approached the gargantuan ship.

"Tor to Alpha, the Arca Sylo mobile weapon platform is operational and ready to join the operation, approaching the area now "

A white flash, similar to the one made by the Deliverance, and suddenly the Prince's strange vessel would be following the larger ship at a safe distance while inside Donovan kept looking at it's radar, knowing all too well that such a prize would be found only behind an equal or greater challenge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3

All

While the groups were busy considering their plans of action, the Grineer dreadnought was shifting along its path, lumbering through the starry sky as fast as its engines could carry out. Minute by minute, the time afforded to the groups was waning, their window of opportunity slowly closing, a fact helpfully reminded to them by some gentle prodding at their minds, courtesy of the feminine half of the duo organising their mission. 

Elsewhere in the system, Argent was busy scanning through the ship in order to better clarify the mapping they'd acquired from the ship's previous passings, analysing the nearby area for any possible interferences, but only finding more black spots surrounding the ship. It seemed that the number of Lanterns had increased since the last visit. Curiouser, and curiouser. For the time being, however, he neglected to mention this to the squads, in order to see if any detections are made without the Nyx's mental probing.

Alpha

Despite Alpha Group's more or less passive surveillance of the area, they would detect... more or less nothing. The space there was more or less empty, at least as far as their rudimentary search would reveal. However, approaching any of the points marked through their HUD would cause a twinge in the gut of everyone involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Agent_Maine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

[Marie - Beta Team]

After getting into her Liset, Marie had travelled to the rendezvous point alongside the rest of the various teams. Her eyes widened as she looked down towards the dreadnaught-like Grineer Galleon. So that is the 'ghost ship'. It is very large, it makes you wonder how they can hide such a big object. Marie thought. She checked through her equipment, making sure that her Archwing and weapons were ready. Once she was sure that all her weaponry was prepared, Marie got onto her Comms. The one named Volt-Edge is already on Comms? He is very talkative. She thought.

"Are all of us in Beta Squad here, on Comms? If we are to await for Gamma and Delta's infiltration, we should determine a battle plan in the meantime. Which entrance into the Grineer ship should we take?" Marie said over the Beta Squad Comms.

 

3 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

[Volt-Edge - Beta Team]

Volt is excited to hear his fellow teammate's voice.  "Finally!" he thought to himself.  "To work with a team again..."

He took a look at the optional entrances.  He loved the thought of going in with a big KABOOM, but he knew they needed the ship intact.  As much as he hated it, he wondered if they'd be better off going through the airlocks.  But then again, they DID need to act as a distraction, so...

"Eh, I dunno.  I kinda like the thought of breaching the hull, considering the fact that it'll most likely be a better distraction for Gamma and Delta to do their dirty work.  Not to mention the fact that it'll even more likely get the Commander's attention than going through the airlocks."  *His matter-of-factual tone changes to excitement*  "And need I even mention how badass it'll be when we make our entrance with a BANG?"

He paused for a moment.

"Then again, they did want us to keep it as intact as possible.  I kinda think we should still go all out with the distraction...  I dunno, whaddya guys think?"

{Naradin Beta team}

 

After hopping into Marie’s liset and finding his seat, he pondered in the group’s course of action. If they were to go out on a full assault, they risk damaging the ship heavily. On the other hand, if they were silent about the assassination, there would be a chance that no one will notice, which would be very problematic.

 

He tapped the side of his helmet, turning on the comms. A small audio bar came to light in his helm’s HUD. A slight noise came into his ears, signifying the activation of the comms. 

 

Silently, he heard both Marie’s and Volt-Edge’s voice.  He listened to Volt-Edge’s opinion on the matter of which route to choose. Then, with a steely, calm voice.

 

”Well, I suggest we take the sneaky route. We don’t want to break the ship. Naturally, we don’t want unnecessary attention,” voiced Naradin, “I believe we all want to come out alive. Just rushing in, spraying the lot with bullets won’t work. We have to be careful. Just one good shot can kill any of us.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgan - Beta Team

Admittedly, Morgan found the rather talkative Ash a bit...weird but she decided to pay no major mind to him outside of combat, unless he tried to go after her personally, she had no reason to worry.

In the meantime, she focused on the important parts, one, the Nyx had gave their request to await Gamma and Delta's infiltration before they made their way to sabotage and assassinate the Captain and two, plan their attack. She listened to Naradin and Volt and found Volt's plan to be a tad...weird. "I recommend we focus on stealth until we're spotted, explosive action will just make things difficult on our end." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler
1 hour ago, Drakeardian said:

Morgan - Beta Team

Admittedly, Morgan found the rather talkative Ash a bit...weird but she decided to pay no major mind to him outside of combat, unless he tried to go after her personally, she had no reason to worry.

In the meantime, she focused on the important parts, one, the Nyx had gave their request to await Gamma and Delta's infiltration before they made their way to sabotage and assassinate the Captain and two, plan their attack. She listened to Naradin and Volt and found Volt's plan to be a tad...weird. "I recommend we focus on stealth until we're spotted, explosive action will just make things difficult on our end." 

 

 
Spoiler
5 hours ago, DaMadReaper said:

3

All

While the groups were busy considering their plans of action, the Grineer dreadnought was shifting along its path, lumbering through the starry sky as fast as its engines could carry out. Minute by minute, the time afforded to the groups was waning, their window of opportunity slowly closing, a fact helpfully reminded to them by some gentle prodding at their minds, courtesy of the feminine half of the duo organising their mission. 

Elsewhere in the system, Argent was busy scanning through the ship in order to better clarify the mapping they'd acquired from the ship's previous passings, analysing the nearby area for any possible interferences, but only finding more black spots surrounding the ship. It seemed that the number of Lanterns had increased since the last visit. Curiouser, and curiouser. For the time being, however, he neglected to mention this to the squads, in order to see if any detections are made without the Nyx's mental probing.

 

 

Volt-Edge had to agree with Morgan.  Despite his zany side wanting action and explosions, his dark and serious side knew she was right, and won over.  Though semi-disappointed, he knew if they were ever detected, which he knew they wouldn't, "unless our 'teammates' muck this up to high heaven" thought his darker persona, then they could go out with a bang.  Until then, stealth was the key.

He also noted the Grineer Dreadnought moving away from their course (no thanks to the annoying sensation in his mind, courtesy of their Nyx leader), which made him a little less than comfortable.

"Great idea," he said over the comms.  "Sooooo... when do we start?  'Cause it's lookin' like we don't have long," he said with a tone that seemed like a cross between annoyance and anxiety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...