Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Children of the Flower (Alpha/Beta Squads)

DaMadReaper

On 2019-10-23 at 1:58 AM, DaMadReaper said:

Alpha

With the explosion of shrapnel and void energy gone, peace returned to the space around the lumbering hulk. Though Vanda had been more or less shredded, there didn't seem to be damage too serious to the rest of the group, the combination of their distance and shielding having proved to be far more resilient than the larger than average Archwing, able to withstand what could have been called... an excessively flashy exit, for no apparent reason. That is, until the site from which the explosion had originated cleared up, revealing the form of the Nyx, motionless, none of the signals associated with active warframes presenting themselves on the scanners. It seemed that the surge of energy that had torn the hull of their target was intended to fry the systems, in order to avoid having their research stolen.

A light stinging sensation prodded their minds, running a smooth path through minds shorn open by the altered Nyx's communications. Like molten silver, the smooth voice recognisable as their leader filled into their 'ears', working to soothe the pain left in the wake of the rampage.

"Two things. Firstly, what the hell happened over there? Something forcibly cut the mental links I'd been maintaining with your squad by... blasting psychic interference? Secondly, prepare for the possibility of a quick extraction. From the minimal amount of information I received during the interference, there was something... else laced into the messages. They may be further targets in the vicinity, but I would prefer to not find out."

1 hour ago, MetroFallout said:

“Understood but... Alright so if you want to know what really happened, we came into psychic contact with a Tenno using some manner of Nyx warframe that was heavily modified or tampered with. Goes by the name of Altair, I would suggest looking into that name.” replied Zero as he went about in the Ghost Lance to find a seat. “As far as I can tell, the modified Nyx warframe was intentionally overloaded to self-destruction to avoid capture. Unfortunately, the explosion wrecked my Vanda and I had to hitch a ride on a friendly ship.”

Lucas, currently trying to recover both himself and his vessel from the utter throttling that ensued the passing of their...guest, overheard the mental transmission sent into his now tender brain cavity, knowing that there might be some more resistance incoming. 

"God damnit, that stung....Alright Celeste, systems check - see how that wave knocked us about and double check on essentials like reactor output and engine operation. We need to be able to get the hell outta dodge if needed."

"Checking - ......All systems operational, however maintainence may be required on reactor components due to prolonged energy fluctuations. Immediate action not neccesary for safe operation"

Lucas, now glad that his ship wasn't going to fall apart at the seams, proceeded to reply back to the quesiton posed by the organiser.

"This is Garmr-1, and i can confirm zero's account. Nyx warframe housed inside one of the lanterns letting out god knows how much void energy. Absorbed almost everything we threw at it, until Garmr-2 contacted it. Called itself Altair, set off, then boom - gone. Zero's Archwing got shredded, but the rest of us are mostly ok, if not a bit shaken. Will evac when requested. Out."

The explosion had sent the Arca sylo backwards,tthe sheer amount of void energy released temporarilty shutting downtthe ship due to the raknoid components present inside the ship.

When their boss would finally manage to contact alpha team, Donovan's ship would be slowly reactivating, and once the comms system was back up, the man would respond like the others, if not for a certain sense of confusion in his voice.

"As the others said, a modified Nyx that went by the name of Altair was almost going to blow up us and the half-light... It also spoke of a boss of sorts, so we can exclude it works alone?"

Then, without speaking another world, the block-ship would start moving toward the immobile body of the nyx as it fluctuated in space.

"It seems our guest also left a gift for us"

With a swooping motion, one of the ship's raknoid arms would swoop in, grabbing the motionless warframe as it fluctuated throigh space before rejoining the team, checking if any of the systems on the ship was damaged or not.

Alpha

Silently, Argent listened to the descriptions, all the while cross-referencing with a number of older reports that had been flagged by Aurum through the course of the discussion. In an instant, the others feel their minds filled with laughter, high in pitch, but carrying the telltale tone to identify it as Argent's. However, something about it would not sit right, the tinge of fear not quite matching up with the overly confident facade that he'd put up earlier. It continues for a few moments longer than normal, before petering out to a sigh of pure, distilled exasperation.

"Gentlemen, lady, I believe that we've just attracted the attention of something that we really, truly did not want to, while the group was in its infancy. I will fill you in on the details upon debriefing. I doubt that we need to worry about her compatriots at the moment. Nevertheless, the groups have almost completed their respective missions. You will remain on watch until there is confirmation that the ship has been fully purged."

Almost as soon as the transmission was over, however, they would see a most... unusual sight. One of the airlocks, cracking open, followed momentarily by a massively bulky Grineer man who had... a smaller Grineer man attached to his back (?), soon to be joined by the Limbo some might recognise from the briefing. What on earth... With the vacuum of space having a reputation for being especially brutal, perhaps some assistance would be welcomed?

DELTA

With no external oxygen supply in his suit, Ag'ni knew that he was fast running out of time. But with no way to propel himself anywhere, there was nothing he could do to save himself. As he gasped air within his mask without drawing any breath, his vision began to blur, the lights against the inky darkness of space becoming a murky swirl. The shielding on his suit that had been protecting him fizzled out and died against the cold, and he could feel it setting in from the tips of his fingers and toes, creeping inwards.

All strength lost, his grip fell away from Rak and the Scorch began to drift slowly away and out of consciousness.

(Sry for the late post)

{Beta- Naradin Korslin}

If I’m getting out of this alive, Naradin thought, I’m gonna see if the Children offer insurance.

The utter ridiculousness and chaos awoken a grim humor inside of him. The current situation was also hysterical. He was now floating in space, most likely going to die if he did not die by suffocation first. 

The tenno who grabbed him was certainly admirable. What was here name? Morgan! Her name was Morgan. She certainly would be a valuable ally in the future if there was one for him. He will have to thank her either in life or in death after this mission.

As he drifted in space, freezing in an agonizingly slow speed, his vision began to fade into black. His heart panicked, thumping furiously. He gasped for his last molecule of oxygen. Then, like a little baby going to sleep, fell unconscious.

Edited by (PS4)Razor9045

[Morgan - Beta]

As strong as her sword was, it couldn't hold against the strength of depressurization in a vacuum, The Nikana blade came loose and Morgan flew out with the Human and the Grineer Scorch, unable to reach the console in time

Morgan was lucky that Warframes have an inbuilt oxygen system and her prime systems were no different but the Human was going to be tricky, they weren't superhuman, they didn't have the support systems Warframe had and they couldn't access transference like most Zariman Tenno or Orokin. Morgan quickly acted either way. She recalled her Archwing to her as she grabbed Naradin and reluctantly, zoomed for the Scorch who had held onto Rak whilst the Commander to grab the Scorch and push Rak towards the nearest celestial body that would damage and kill that hulking monster once and for all.

She zoomed to her Liset, activating the emergency compartment for hostage rescues to place the Naradin in, the Scorch she had to link up with her Archwing's own Life support system to their mask to keep them alive and warm. Whilst she hated the Grineer, she wouldn't be so blind as to let one die after they attacked that freak of a monster. "I hope we don't regret this." she thought internally as she gripped onto her Liset's and got onto the comms "This is Morgan to Alpha! I need assistance ASAP!" she ordered over comms, Gripping onto her Liset and holding onto Ag'ni. She then turned to the Grineer and yelled "Hold on!" in Grintok over the comms.

Edited by Drakeardian

Spoiler

Beta/Delta

Meanwhile, with the ridiculously more exciting Beta/Delta Group, more things were happening in quick succession. Things that made one question the sanity of half of the group members, and the value the rest put on their own lives. Nevertheless, the airlock's opening had been as effective as had been expected, the vacuum of air aggressively tugging on everything inside, hoping to acquaint it with the near absolute zero temperatures of the outside. First to fall, to the surprise of all involved, had been the lumbering brute of a man, having lodged his fist deep into the floor of the ship, holding on for dear life, soon to be followed by Marie and Morgan, who had each used their respective bladed weapons to perform a similar feat. 

Slightly further from the party, Cyrus had activated the magnetic locks on the feet of his frame, aiming to reach the far door. This would, however, be quickly undermined by a combination of elements that sent a brutal explosion tearing through the room, loosening the grip of both Rak and their Limbo counterpart. Within seconds, the other Grineer was falling as well, managing to latch onto Rak in the final moments before he met his doom... only to pull the both of them out to the void, garbled screams emerging from the commander as the searing cold set in almost immediately. Almost immediately after, Cyrus would follow, though his experience would be significantly less dangerous, as, despite the tumble, his frame would be able to protect him for some amount of time before body parts would need to be amputated.

Oddly enough, the one member of the party who seemed nonplussed by this turn of events was the spectre of Cyrus (?), who was still casually standing around, unaffected by the effects of the vacuum, all the while in a ready positon, prepared to end any space-based intruders that he was specifically ordered to attack. Truly a sentinel of legend.

[Marie - Beta Squad]

Seeing several others be pulled out into the dark void of space, Marie was lucky that she wasn't one of them. With her Fang daggers stabbed directly into the floor, she was holding on for dear life as her Warframe's shielding couldn't possibly protect her from the emptiness of space for long, and she didn't know if her Archwing could get to her in time. But now raised the question - what next? Sit there, hoping that she would be helped? Marie could not rely on such guesses. She had to act herself. There was one thing she spotted nearby - the panel which Cyrus had attempted to use earlier in order to open the airlock. While the airlock had been opened anyway due to outside interference, the panel probably still worked. Hopefully.

Managing to place one of her feet on the floor, Marie took in a deep breath and then pulled her Fang daggers out. Before the immense power of space could suck her out into the dark, empty void, Marie quickly activated her Mach Rush, bursting across the room so fast that she seemingly disappeared from sight for a moment. Now landing near the panel, Marie stabbed her Fang daggers into the wall next to it - replicating her previous action but now in a different location. With one hand holding onto the Fang daggers and the other free, she activated the panel and started hacking. All Tenno had the experience and knowledge on how they could hack into Grineer systems, after all. After several moments of both hacking and holding on for dear life, Marie succeeded, accessing the panel's main controls. She pressed several buttons - and the airlock closed, the immense sucking force immediately disappearing. Marie - and whoever else was left in the room - fell to the ground as gravity returned to normal.

Edited by Agent_Maine

DELTA

...Ah. That went well, judging from how Cyrus was now floating in space. The cold was like nothing he had ever felt, its absoluteness reaching his very being. Rak too had been caught up in the powerful suction, at least he had that comfort.

Alpha team was out here somewhere, hopefully. Maybe he could put himself into Stasis...no, then they wouldn't be able to retrieve him. Sending a signal to his Archwing, Cyrus waits, praying it - or they - would reach him in time.

On 2019-10-25 at 12:28 PM, MetroFallout said:

“Understood but... Alright so if you want to know what really happened, we came into psychic contact with a Tenno using some manner of Nyx warframe that was heavily modified or tampered with. Goes by the name of Altair, I would suggest looking into that name.” replied Zero as he went about in the Ghost Lance to find a seat. “As far as I can tell, the modified Nyx warframe was intentionally overloaded to self-destruction to avoid capture. Unfortunately, the explosion wrecked my Vanda and I had to hitch a ride on a friendly ship.”

On 2019-10-25 at 5:52 PM, DaMadReaper said:

Alpha

Silently, Argent listened to the descriptions, all the while cross-referencing with a number of older reports that had been flagged by Aurum through the course of the discussion. In an instant, the others feel their minds filled with laughter, high in pitch, but carrying the telltale tone to identify it as Argent's. However, something about it would not sit right, the tinge of fear not quite matching up with the overly confident facade that he'd put up earlier. It continues for a few moments longer than normal, before petering out to a sigh of pure, distilled exasperation.

"Gentlemen, lady, I believe that we've just attracted the attention of something that we really, truly did not want to, while the group was in its infancy. I will fill you in on the details upon debriefing. I doubt that we need to worry about her compatriots at the moment. Nevertheless, the groups have almost completed their respective missions. You will remain on watch until there is confirmation that the ship has been fully purged."

Almost as soon as the transmission was over, however, they would see a most... unusual sight. One of the airlocks, cracking open, followed momentarily by a massively bulky Grineer man who had... a smaller Grineer man attached to his back (?), soon to be joined by the Limbo some might recognise from the briefing. What on earth... With the vacuum of space having a reputation for being especially brutal, perhaps some assistance would be welcomed?

On a nearby wall, a display panel lit up, showing a pulsating multi-faceted shape on the screen.

"Greetings," it said to Zero, "I am Arcanum, Cephalon of the Ghost Lance. Please follow the directions to the bridge. Do not deviate from your course, or you will be considered an intruder, and dealt with accordingly." The words were polite, but firm, and held an undercurrent of menace. 

On the bridge itself, Kassandra began to sweep for those ejected into space and had not transport. As she did so, she turned over what she'd seen from the strange orb.

The screams still echoed in her mind.

11 minutes ago, Spikey844 said:

On a nearby wall, a display panel lit up, showing a pulsating multi-faceted shape on the screen.

"Greetings," it said to Zero, "I am Arcanum, Cephalon of the Ghost Lance. Please follow the directions to the bridge. Do not deviate from your course, or you will be considered an intruder, and dealt with accordingly." The words were polite, but firm, and held an undercurrent of menace. 

On the bridge itself, Kassandra began to sweep for those ejected into space and had not transport. As she did so, she turned over what she'd seen from the strange orb.

The screams still echoed in her mind.

"Understood." said Zero to the Cephalon, looking at the lit-up displays that showed a route towards the bridge. "I'll be making my way there now. Thank you."

He had no reason to force himself to fight onboard an unfamiliar ship so following the instructions of the shipbourne intelligence was the only real course of action he could take. Whatever else he could do would probably have to wait until he had gotten himself to the bridge to meet with the Captain of the ship.

Upon his arrival to the door to the bridge, he knocked on the door frame as the door slid open as a courtesy to the Captain to let her know that he had indeed arrived at the bridge as instructed by the Cephalon.

On 2019-10-26 at 2:52 AM, DaMadReaper said:

Alpha

Lucas just realised that this mission had well and truly reached the "t*ts up" stage as his scanners picked up a rupture in the half light.

Closely followed by still-warm bodies geting launched into the inky black surrounding the accursed vessel.

'Holy sh*t, that's the other teams!'
Without even opening the comms to notify the other members of alpha, Lucas had already cranked the vessel atound and had begun to make his way towards the floating comrades - every second counting when it came to their chances of survival. Lucas already saw at least one liset assisting in the cleanup, but that wouldn't be enough to get them all in time.

Arriving in range, he set the ship to hold position as he sprinted down towards the central docking ring. Already wearing most of his environmental gear under his clothing, all he required to get some people back to his ship was his helmet, a small sheilding device, and his EVA pack. Otherwise he'd be suffocated, roasted by radiation, shredded by micro-meteorites, or just stranded in the void an arm's reach from safety. All of those he'd much rather not have happen to him at the moment.

Reaching the airlocks, he opened the compartment holding the rest of his gear, donning it as he prepared to head out. He also grabbed a few emergency life support systems that provided a temporary shield that housed a breathable atmosphere so the user wouldn't succumb to the vaccuum of space. with all his kit sorted, and with his lex at his hip just in case, he cycled the atmosphere of the compartment and ventured out into the inky black.

Short puffs of the EVA pack was all that was needed to get him moving, and almost as soon as his body was out of the ship, He linked up his helmet's HUD with Celeste's data feeds - showing the locations of remaining operatives that hadn't been rescued already. Now, he decided, was a good time to put out comms, and let the others in alpha what was going down.

"Garmr - 1 to Alpha, I am going EVA. We have operatives floating around out here and they aren't going to last much longer. I need backup ASAP"

With that short recap out of the way, he returned to the task at hand, looking for any operative withing distance before they succumbed the the howling abyss of space...

Everyone seemed busy, with almost the entirety of alpha squad attempting a daring reacueoof their teammate's... Meanwhile Donovan was too busy fiddling with the manipulator hand biomechanics as to not completely destroy the strange nyx when grabbing her motionless body.

Now confortable with his hold, Donovan decided to turn around, the alarming messages in the radio not concerning his mind as a brick of grineer flesh and metal would slam in the front of his ship... Picking it up with the other manipulator hand , satisfied with that too, he would at last proceed to move toward  the rest of the still stranded teammates, using the manipulator arms to gently push them toward the actual rescue team.

On 2019-10-28 at 2:02 PM, MetroFallout said:

"Understood." said Zero to the Cephalon, looking at the lit-up displays that showed a route towards the bridge. "I'll be making my way there now. Thank you."

He had no reason to force himself to fight onboard an unfamiliar ship so following the instructions of the shipbourne intelligence was the only real course of action he could take. Whatever else he could do would probably have to wait until he had gotten himself to the bridge to meet with the Captain of the ship.

Upon his arrival to the door to the bridge, he knocked on the door frame as the door slid open as a courtesy to the Captain to let her know that he had indeed arrived at the bridge as instructed by the Cephalon.

Kassandra glanced over her shoulder at the knock, spying the man in the doorway. "Welcome to the Ghost Lance," she said, before jerking her had to a nearby console. "Take a seat and start running sensor sweeps, search for any of ours floating out there who might need pickup."

The bridge looked opulent, almost overly so, with masterful craftsmanship in every bolt and rivet. The holographic displays pulsed a gentle blue colour, light reflecting off the shinny chrome and carbon-fibre surfaces. Kassandra's seat was placed centrally before the wide viewport, and here there clear signs of alteration, for there were noticeable marks in the floor and surrounding surfaces. They had been largely worked out, but they were still there.