Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So uh, what on earth did DE do?

Shinigami_Greed

From what limited information I have, it's something along the lines of:

Volunteer Translator leaks information (some people say he has admitted to this) on multiple occasions.

DE lets him go.

Translator reports this to the community, possibly in a sob story but don't quote me on that.

Rage ensues.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Most of them complain about machine translation that took place after that translator had been let go. I just wonder why so many Chinese players choose global version of the game when they have their own.

Is the translation better in the Chinese version? Does anybody know exactly the difference between the two?

43 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Most of them complain about machine translation that took place after that translator had been let go. I just wonder why so many Chinese players choose global version of the game when they have their own.

are they able to go international version?  i thought china had its own segregated internet hense the need for a "different" warframe?

11 minutes ago, Esirfall said:

It is something more than that. I am a player using simplified Chinese in game, and right now the translation quality is at an all time low. The dismissal of the translator is just a thread leading to our moods right now.

doesnt the "other" china only version have actual translators of their own as that version is made by another team?, I am kinda shocked if those translations werent just shoved back to the international version if needed.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

doesnt the "other" china only version have actual translators of their own as that version is made by another team?, I am kinda shocked if those translations werent just shoved back to the international version if needed.

It is also true that Chinese people around the globe won’t play on the local version. By the way, the international version does have more up to date updates and better UI, platinum management. Also, access to international version is not blocked in Chine so I see no reason choosing local version over international version.

On the other hand, the localization of WF in other languages (I hate to do this, but I will include traditional Chinese) is awesome so the awful simplified Chinese translation is not what we expect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Esirfall said:

It is also true that Chinese people around the globe won’t play on the local version. By the way, the international version does have more up to date updates and better UI, platinum management. Also, access to international version is not blocked in Chine so I see no reason choosing local version over international version.

On the other hand, the localization of WF in other languages (I hate to do this, but I will include traditional Chinese) is awesome so the awful simplified Chinese translation is not what we expect.

That's pretty embarrassing, esp considering DE is owned by a Chinese company, if there was any translation you would expect them to attain perfection in, it would be this.

7 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

And I reviewed your question... I’m sorry I mumbled a lot of irrelevant things. The local translation version is acceptable but is just out of date. Right now it has just released Chimera prologue, if I’m remembering right.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

Sadly i am not one of those well-informed people on non-global versions of warframe but i can only tell based on what i am hearing so far is it acted as a major trigger to rile up everyone.

Even if this lost of a translator on the china side of things, never happened, it was only a matter of time for something else to GREATLY bring to attention on warframe`s content drought meme that is already way beyond that point that even the white knights could not be covering things up. For quite a while i would like to say i was among the people saying that d.e. needs to start putting attention to plenty of critical issues, whether its chat, gameplay systems, release of content, QoL drops and so on, you could likely get a list of 10 to 20 things with not much trouble if you were to take a brush over the game itself, that pretty much grew over time whether by quantity or how big of a deal some of them became.

Well, now its just a matter of seeing how D.E. responds to things or will they get pushed aside and we end up seeing how it will escalate further. Certainly not very good to have a huge chunk of the player base getting ticked off right before a major update is coming up, never is good for any online game honestly.

Edited by Avienas

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Is the translation better in the Chinese version? Does anybody know exactly the difference between the two?

As far as I know, Changyou even voiced it, so yeah, should be much better.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

are they able to go international version?  i thought china had its own segregated internet hense the need for a "different" warframe?

Through VPN I guess.

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Is Changyou the translator? If so, that’s quite a bit of work for a volunteer.

Changyou is the company publishing Warframe (Star Armor) in China.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

They meant Leyou.

As far as I know, Leyou owns DE, but has nothing to do with the game.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

The Chinese version is quite different from the global version, especially in terms of transaction and version updating. In fact, the Chinese version has no trading system, we can't get what we need through transactions between players, and our Chinese version is far behind the global version.That's why we chose the global version.😢

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

News to me. Why be bought out by one Chinese company but published by another?

Apologies if so, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as I remember, DE started business with Changyou before being bought by Leyou. Maybe that's the reason. Regardless, Changyou is definitely the company running Warframe in China. Rebb posted the info when pics of their founder pack made our forums explode.

6 minutes ago, NCUT_AnoUtau said:

The Chinese version is quite different from the global version, especially in terms of transaction and version updating. In fact, the Chinese version has no trading system, we can't get what we need through transactions between players, and our Chinese version is far behind the global version.That's why we chose the global version.😢

Well then, I hope DE can at least copy Chinaframe loclaization over to the global version.

4 minutes ago, Xaero said:

As far as I remember, DE started business with Changyou before being bought by Leyou. Maybe that's the reason. Regardless, Changyou is definitely the company running Warframe in China. Rebb posted the info when pics of their founder pack made our forums explode.

Fair enough. The whole deal sounds even messier than I initially thought then.

3 hours ago, Xaero said:

Because in Chinese...... there's no global for them......they need to switch VPN to access other places.

And here is the thing : Switch VPN isn't easy for them. Even when they switch it, the network will become more lag, and they might get caught because of this too.

Edited by KuBiKaBa