Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So uh, what on earth did DE do?

Shinigami_Greed

I have been reading about this today, and I am uncertain if my understanding on this matter is correct or not.

is the simplified chinese the only "language" affected? or does it apply to traditional as well?

if it only applies to simplified chinese, then surely a quick (but not perfect) fix would be direct translation from traditional chinese to simplified chinese seeing how this direction of translation is pretty much "surjective".

vor 3 Stunden schrieb FlyingDice:

All other things aside, muttering that something feels like machine TN isn't rude if the translation quality is actually that low (which by all accounts is true for official TN work).

Well, that is what the chinese players claim after the incident.

It's not what the tranlator said, or to be more precise, it's not the issue. We don't know what the translator said to the DE employees.

It's extremly unlikly, that the translator only aid, the translation sounds like a machine and was then let go because of this, since this is the very reason why DE seeks the help of these volunteer translators.

Sp he masu have said a lot more than this.

13 hours ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

It's suddenly getting review bombed by... Chinese people?  The hell happened?

Translator problem (apparently), and the extradition law protests, evidenced by the fact that they're flexing their 'Taiwan and Hong Kong is part of China' card.

I mean, part of it's technically true, but really, apart from the agreement papers saying so, they might as well be separate, given all the differences.

8 hours ago, Methanoid said:

I just find it mind blowing that this is China we are talking about, its not exactly small or lacking in people, and here we have 2 separate companies with 2 separate warframes that cant even manage to cobble together some translators for a game that naturally would like more money on a regular basis yet seems to be making that simple process as hard as possible.

tenor.gif?itemid=13306536

For starters, not enough advertisements are done about this, I’ve been playing this game intensely for about yr

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

From what limited information I have, it's something along the lines of:

Volunteer Translator leaks information (some people say he has admitted to this) on multiple occasions.

DE lets him go.

Translator reports this to the community, possibly in a sob story but don't quote me on that.

Rage ensues.

If that's the whole story then that's a pretty lame reason to review bomb.

40 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Well, that is what the chinese players claim after the incident.

It's not what the tranlator said, or to be more precise, it's not the issue. We don't know what the translator said to the DE employees.

It's extremly unlikly, that the translator only aid, the translation sounds like a machine and was then let go because of this, since this is the very reason why DE seeks the help of these volunteer translators.

Sp he masu have said a lot more than this.

And of course DE wont say anything, because its a breach of privacy for both the company and the person. Its a very bad thing for any company to do and might result in lawsuits.

Funnily enough, its what some of those Bombers are asking for.

I wonder how long this will go. It seems that they are doing this in set intervals, around 500 bombs each day.

Edited by Kaotyke

Did some digging around to see if I could find some more details and, apparently, heres a Reddit post from the man himself.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/d4169y/the_steam_review_bombing_and_the_simplified/?__twitter_impression=true

Looking at it all. . . I feel like I just can't be sympathetic to either side, to much ego from both.

Edited by Unus

Surprised anyone gives a hecc about review bombing in this our current year. 

At this point pretty much everyone knows enough about how reviewbombing goes to see the reviews and determine that it isn't the game so much as a subset of the playerbase throwing a tantrum. 

Edited by Oreades

39 minutes ago, uAir said:

If that's the whole story then that's a pretty lame reason to review bomb.

Maybe that's what happens when you don't bother to afford a professional chinese translator for your game, when your game is Steam top seller and you can afford advertisement in times square. Maybe?

vor 59 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

And of course DE wont say anything, because its a breach of privacy for both the company and the person. Its a very bad thing for any company to do and might result in lawsuits.

Yep, DE won't leak information, since they are better than the tranlator. *badumm tsss*

But I actually agree, DE shouldn't release the the issue to the public.

But my point stands, as long as we don't know, what exacly happened, we shouldn't judge. In most countries yu are guilty till prooven otherwise.

Espectially in regards to an issue this insignificant. These, a very small part of the chinese players, are completly running amok. They are for no real reason potentially ruining a company that is giving 200 people a job.

As somebody who was actually unemployed for quite some time, what these people are doing is nothing short than offensive to me and everybody who wants to work, has support a family or just enjoys Warframe and wants DE to stay in business.

Edited by Walkampf
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Xaero said:

Most of them complain about machine translation that took place after that translator had been let go. I just wonder why so many Chinese players choose global version of the game when they have their own.

In the chinese version you need to pay plat everytime you change color

15 hours ago, Xaero said:

Most of them complain about machine translation that took place after that translator had been let go. I just wonder why so many Chinese players choose global version of the game when they have their own.

because steam ver has no censorship

first to be updated

global

wide trade region

lots of advantages

and dont think chinese should play chinese ver. we only play good games

7 hours ago, YANJIUDING said:

There is already an in game option that prevents you from matching players over a ping threshold that can be specified by yourself.

Too bad it does f*ck all, I've set it to the lowest possible value (I think it's 100) but the game still insists on putting me to some terrible 200-300ms hosts.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

No one should care about Review Bombing. Review aggregate sites are a joke and the user scores are constantly being abused by trolls and fanboys.

And international corporate interests. Don't forget those.

Apparently it seems to have more to do with the whole Hong Kong and Taiwan situation as they related to China (and how they're selectable as countries in the game settings).

As for the translator being let go, they violated the NDA they signed. DE has issued an official response on the matter.

Considering the review bombing seems politically driven in nature, it's not really a topic of discussion that's appropriate for these forums.

Locking.