Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The True Purpose Of Primes

.solitus

Ok. Well for DE, the Primes are way to encourage players to buy void keys (non grinding players will pay for void keys) and plats etc. They also will buy orokin catalyst more as more and more new weapons are coming out. Example you already potatoed a boar, then the boar prime comes out, that means you have to have another catalyst to be installed in the prime. They also made the game interesting with these primes, new content, etc. That's for DE.

Now what are the purpose of primes for all of you guys? Is it :

- Just as a prize, to show em off how many void runs have you made to get that shiny weapon and to show that you are a completionist

- As a weapon just to increase your mastery rank, no potato, no forma

- You truly use them as one of your main weapons, because of the increased stats of that prime compared to the original, you invest catalyst and forma to it

I know that not all primes are better than other weaps, however some are truly good. Now what are the purpose of primes for you? Why do you want to get primes?

Ok. Well for DE, the Primes are way to encourage players to buy void keys (non grinding players will pay for void keys) and plats etc. They also will buy orokin catalyst more as more and more new weapons are coming out. Example you already potatoed a boar, then the boar prime comes out, that means you have to have another catalyst to be installed in the prime. They also made the game interesting with these primes, new content, etc. That's for DE.

- Just as a prize, to show em off how many void runs have you made to get that shiny weapon and to show that you are a completionist

- You truly use them as one of your main weapons, because of the increased stats of that prime compared to the original, you invest catalyst and forma to it

I know that not all primes are better than other weaps, however some are truly good. Now what are the purpose of primes for you? Why do you want to get primes?

Primes can actually link the history of warframe back to the current lore. However no all items will be prime, only tenno based and this is would mean that it won't provide any possible disadvantage to players using grineer or corpus weapons as they can expect no prime variant of them.

Overall Primes provide a large platform for gameplay elements, but sadly haven't been tapped into yet fully and as of now, most view it as a way to punish veteran players (which is a sad view)

Well, it was easier for me to get a Frost Prime than an actual Frost, so Frost prime is my Frost.  I still don't have the Frost Systems and been trying for them a few times a week from... May.

As for primes in general, if I get them, I get them, if I don't, I don't care either way.  I have 4 out of 5 parts for Paris Prime, but I'm not really trying to get it per say.  Though, I will likely potato it once I have it.

And I did potato my normal boar, and if somehow I happen to get a boar prime, it would have to depend on the stats if I potato it.

The normal Latron I hated because I felt it didn't do enough damage for the hits I was going for, the Latron Prime which I somehow managed to get, that gun is amazing and potatoed it after a few levels.

So, in the end, it really just depends on the situation.

It's not a prime thing for me, but depends on the weapon itself. For example while the Fang daggers can be rather effective they are just not fun for me, so I'm not going to grind the Fang Prime on purpose. On the other hand I'm realy nostalgic about the Cronos, cause it was my first weapon I got from the game after insta-buying the Latron with my starting cash (back in janurary iirc). And cause of that nostalgic affection I'm actually looking forward to the Dakra Prime, as it seems to be refered to Cronos prime by the game itself, even if the displayed name differs. So I'll get that one for gaming nostalgia... and finally there are the ones that are just too damn effective to ignore, the Orthos Prime is just pretty much the most effective heavy melee weapon currently in game and as I use heavy melee weaponry most of the time they are on my 'have to get that one day'-list.

Voidkeys depends, if it's just for me I farm a bit of defense missions, even though they are the mission type I enjoy the least. But if my buddies are online and nobody got any worthwhile voidkeys left one of us usualy buys a pack.

First of all i love the prkin skins, the orkin race really had style... And i use ONLY primes, well not only... I also use strun w and snipertron vandal, but now that i got boar prime i dont think im gonna keep using strun, i prefer the playstyle of boar p, im hoping for a sniper prime, snipertron or however that grineer sniper is called primed version, because no i don't conceder paris prime as a sniper

Primes can actually link the history of warframe back to the current lore. However not all items will be prime, only tenno based and this is would mean that it won't provide any possible disadvantage to players using grineer or corpus weapons as they can expect no prime variant of them.

Not entirely true, Braton was mass produced by the Corpus first before being "remade" by the Tenno.

I thought it was pretty obvious as to what the Prime Warframes are for; once they are all released, they become Optimus Prime.

Til all are one.

I think the term "Prime" is inspired by its usage in transformers universe - there are originally a few primes that is incredibly powerful, however the Fallen, one of the most powerful primes bettayed his brothers and some things happen, idk I'm not a transformer fan, until there is left Op Prime and The Fallen. The idea is Prime is an ancient yet very powerful things, (frames, weapons), being replicated and mass produced now as your regular weapons, although not as powerful as the primes.

The only prime gear I have ever completed would be the reaper prime and Latron Prime.  the latron prime was my favorite gun for a while, but I got the Hate around the same time as the Reaper Prime and wasn't really impressed.  Bling and I guess "Uber" weapons, like a weapon you had to achieve,not just craft in the marketplace.  

I think the term "Prime" is inspired by its usage in transformers universe - there are originally a few primes that is incredibly powerful, however the Fallen, one of the most powerful primes bettayed his brothers and some things happen, idk I'm not a transformer fan, until there is left Op Prime and The Fallen. The idea is Prime is an ancient yet very powerful things, (frames, weapons), being replicated and mass produced now as your regular weapons, although not as powerful as the primes.

Dude, I was only joking. Way to ruin the joke.

Not entirely true, Braton was mass produced by the Corpus first before being "remade" by the Tenno.

Therefore leading back to linking back to lore. Also even if it was mass produced before the tenno variant, the fact we can't use the corpus one indicates there is no chance for that braton to be primed. Furthermore it is only said to be a corpus weapon, there isn't a confirmed source but only an evidence that it has a corpus symbol on it.

This would suggest much, but as much as i like to say, only tenno weapons get prime and probably braton may be made an exclusion given how many variants the rifle itself has.

I think for both first and third reason for me.

- Prime weapons are usually better looking than most of the standard weapons, so as one of them comes out I need to have that shiny thing in my inventory; also I'm proud to have all the weapons and frames in the game, so whenever a new content is released I suddenly try to update my status, so I am also a completionist.

- Not all the primes are worth it; they're usually better than the non-prime version, but I would never use a Braton Prime or a Lanka Prime instead of my 4times potatoed Flux or the 4 times-to-be-formaed Soma.

There's a few that I use as my main weapon, like Boar Prime(just in case I have to use a shotgun), Paris Prime, Dakra&Orthos Prime; the Prime frames are a must, as soon as I've got them I forget to have the non-prime version, even if it's a potatoed multiformaed one.

Edited by siralextraffo

Well, since the Corpus favour energy weapons, but are also heavily engaged in collecting Orokin technology, one could imagine that the Corpus-produced Braton was simply a ( somewhat failed) attempt at reverse-engineering. Also, Primes are salvaged Orokin technology and therefore predate the existence of the Corpus entirely.

Ah, lore... fun wasting time with it.  Cheers!

It's actually a combination of all those factors.  Because 95% of the weapons I rank up to 30 for mastery rank are not as desirable as my weapons I've had for months, I normally just sell the new ones.  But if a new one shows promise when it is non-potatoed while ranking it up the first time, then sometimes I'll use one of the catalysts I've saved up.  I do also like to show that I've got certain gear that a lot of others are unable to get, like the Braton Vandal.