Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.4

[DE]Danielle

51 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I am unable to reproduce this issue myself, do you have any screenshots by chance? and have you been able to reproduce the issue more than once? 

Not a PS4 screenshot but the same bug was on the PC version at launch.  It's been happening on my game too. (Along with the full reset of all customization...)

abddb3c69d819e925e162eefe873ec67-full.jp

cf91dcdcf7f15207712339fd78bef5f2-full.jp

After the update the lighting in some areas is super blown out, to the point it almost gives me a headache to look at it. It's especially noticeable on the Corpus ship tileset, and to a lesser extent Grineer asteroid. I've tried adjusting brightness, contrast, bloom, nothing works. Yet other areas of the game (orbiter, dojo, relays) are totally fine. Extracting from a corpus ship makes a white colored frame glow like a fluorescent lightbulb.

Just now, (PS4)Shustas said:

Screenshot your keybinds and settings if you changed a lot. Its not the first game it resets after update

None of the previous big updates have undone controller setups.  Not to mention resetting crouch toggle, channel toggle, archwing flight mode, hold aim toggle, hold or click to swap abilities, color settings, bloom settings, item labels, camera sensitivity, cursor sensitivity, microphone audio, chat channels displayed, keywords you had set to filter in trade chat......  it reset EVERYTHING to default, and there was nothing in the history of patch updates to make us think this was going to ever be an issue.

It also seems to have happened to pretty much everyone, lots of complaints about it in chat.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Robby_Bevard said:

None of the previous big updates have undone controller setups.  Not to mention resetting crouch toggle, channel toggle, archwing flight mode, hold aim toggle, hold or click to swap abilities, color settings, bloom settings, item labels, camera sensitivity, cursor sensitivity, microphone audio, chat channels displayed, keywords you had set to filter in trade chat......  it reset EVERYTHING to default, and there was nothing in the history of patch updates to make us think this was going to ever be an issue.

It also seems to have happened to pretty much everyone, lots of complaints about it in chat.

An update did reset everything once before but that was almost 4 years ago or so, I honestly didn't expect it to happen again. It's a huge pain in the arse for me, instead of playing the new update and enjoying the new content I've now spent the past few hours tweaking my settings back to what they were prior to the update.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So sorry about that! Unfortunately mainline updates can do that, resetting your bindings should hold them as we've found. 

This is very very frustrating in particular because the UI dialog for changing controller layout is very unintuitive and cumbersome.

Please ask the development team to implement configuration migration in future mainline updates.

The game looks insanly bright and everything is really shiney i have all my settings back from before the update all my dojo decorations are now silver instead of gold i dont like how the game looks now this cant be right getting a headache just from being in the orbitor all my friends are saying the same thing i hope its not soposed to be like this

2 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

After the update the lighting in some areas is super blown out, to the point it almost gives me a headache to look at it. It's especially noticeable on the Corpus ship tileset, and to a lesser extent Grineer asteroid. I've tried adjusting brightness, contrast, bloom, nothing works. Yet other areas of the game (orbiter, dojo, relays) are totally fine. Extracting from a corpus ship makes a white colored frame glow like a fluorescent lightbulb.

Yes m8 its horrible my orbiter is that bright you would think there is a sun in it

Since the update, loading into the arsenal and choosing palettes "dims" the lights of the arsenal. It's extremely off-putting and every time it happens I think something is wrong with my television screen or the lighting outside has changed. This was never a thing / a problem before. This "dimming" is suggesting the arsenal is no longer properly lit for fashion frame as a baseline, that it's either blown out, or that there is a bug that affects the lighting when accessing colour palettes. It makes it difficult to tell whether I am looking at the "true" colour I am choosing from the palettes. Please fix this.

ETA: The update has also changed a tonne of skin materials from matte or low-gloss plastic to high-gloss plastic, it looks awful. A huge number of Warframes now look like they are action figures. Blacks now look vastly drowned out by highlights and shine. The entire orbiter is blown out in terms of lighting. The Infirmary has lost any of its creepy character, the amount of light in it is comparable to a sun-room. Same for the personal quarters, the fishing trophies on my walls are practically glowing! I can't appreciate anything I've done fashion or decoration-wise due to these changes. Some of the power of this new lighting in the orbiter physically hurts the eyes. Speaking from personal experience, the high-contrast nature of this updated lighting could trigger a migraine. Please, please roll the rendering back.

Danielle can you find out what happened to the classic controller config settings? as I use these settings because it's easier for me and I had everything setup the way I wanted it and now it's gone and I tried re adding my old ps4 warframe file stored on my usb flash drive and reuploaded it because in past it worked and I got all my settings I had saved back however this time not even my backup file is restoring my settings as classic controller config is nowhere to be found please help I can't play without these settings

also when is Elite Scanutury Onslaught Drop Tables update coming? rebbecca once mentioned it a few months Ago but nothing since any update on this?

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChiefsKingdom54 said:

Danielle can you find out what happened to the classic controller config settings? as I use these settings because it's easier for me and I had everything setup the way I wanted it and now it's gone and I tried re adding my old ps4 warframe file stored on my usb flash drive and reuploaded it because in past it worked and I got all my settings I had saved back however this time not even my backup file is restoring my settings as classic controller config is nowhere to be found please help I can't play without these settings

DE removed the classic controller config at the beginning of this year.  You can still remap your config to it.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

DE removed the classic controller config at the beginning of this year.  You can still remap your config to it.

how do I remap it? I have an old save file from last week that has my old configuration settings as well when I try to copy over the one from last week it n longer saves the settings I had in last file like it has the last couple updates where I could copy a recent file with my controller settings and get it back without needing to re do it all again now its not working like it was previously an I don't remember my old settings and lost my screenshot somewhere plz help

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So sorry about that! Unfortunately mainline updates can do that, resetting your bindings should hold them as we've found. 

Some of us have thousands of hours played and have fine-tuned our settings over that time. It's not a simple task to memorize all of them, especially since your default controller settings are laughably bad if you want to actually do what is possible on PC. I mean you even overwrote invert Y. I hate to say it but the way you nonchalantly screw over console players is inexcusable at this point.

We can't even get an option to make alt fire a toggle so we can make weapons like Pandero work like Tiberon Prime, but you have no problem just overwriting every setting with no warning. And if I check the forums for the PC update, do you think I will find that you did the same thing to them? Of course not because you don't care the same about console players or you would have tested before releasing a patch that overwrites every single setting. 2nd rate console customers indeed.

This update also reset my color favorites list to empty. Had to sort through alot of my warframe appearance loadouts to get all my colors back on the list, especially since i have different shades of one color that hard to tell the difference i often interchange with. Sidenote: for some reason my profile is displaying the tennocon 2018 glyph in profile here on forums, but in game i have prisma lotus glyph on. Forums profile isn't displaying my currently equipped glyph correctly.

Archived