Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.4

[DE]Danielle

12 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

So sorry about that! Unfortunately mainline updates can do that, resetting your bindings should hold them as we've found. 

Why is this a continued issue? This has been happening for a while now. Please try to find a fix for this, im kinda tired of having to rebind my controller and now i had to refix all my settings which I probably missed a few.

5 hours ago, (PS4)RoninWolf95 said:

This update also reset my color favorites list to empty. Had to sort through alot of my warframe appearance loadouts to get all my colors back on the list, especially since i have different shades of one color that hard to tell the difference i often interchange with. Sidenote: for some reason my profile is displaying the tennocon 2018 glyph in profile here on forums, but in game i have prisma lotus glyph on. Forums profile isn't displaying my currently equipped glyph correctly.

Logging out and back in should change your glyph to what it is in game

All these updates over the 600+ daily logins i have, but I go into a regular mission that Nightwave makes me do and it still feels the exact same as it always has. 

-The marker to tell you where to go still jumps around like crazy.

-The pet AI is still pretty bad but it doesn't matter cause it's weak anyway. All the mods go to having it set up for utility n survivability.

- The minimaps little arrow representing you, follows the direction your warframe is facing and not the way the cameras facing. Its disorienting.

- the list goes on and on but ill stop right now cause the updates caused enough problems...

Really annoying to spend the first two hours of a new update in a solo mission tweaking the options to try to restore everything to the way it was before, then noticing all my colors are gone when going to fashion frame, then going to open worlds and noticing perfs drops I didn't have before and spending another half hour tweaking graphics. Still feel like everything's slightly off from before even after the tweaks , even after playing with brightness and contrast.

Again, kinda used to this as everytime I run Nvidia experience on PC it resets my keybinds and options, but PS4 is my main account with thousands of hours and controls and settings adjusted over 5 years of time.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Robby_Bevard said:

Not a PS4 screenshot but the same bug was on the PC version at launch.  It's been happening on my game too. (Along with the full reset of all customization...)

abddb3c69d819e925e162eefe873ec67-full.jp

cf91dcdcf7f15207712339fd78bef5f2-full.jp

I am having this issue too. I don’t own a lot of skins so I don’t know if they are actually broken, but previewing them usually only previews the helmet, but still shows the default body.

2 hours ago, (PS4)sebcreed said:

So we can't manage the clan by simply just clicking on the Dojo node in the starchart anymore, it just loads you straight into the Dojo. Instead you have to press start, then communication, then clan. Who at DE actually thought this was intuitive, and actually a good idea???

Probably the same person that thought navigating a menu with a controller is better with a cursor. Here we are a year later and the cursor still doesn't have an option to default to the top menu item. Forrest Gump said it best: "Stupid is as stupid does."

23 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I am unable to reproduce this issue myself, do you have any screenshots by chance? and have you been able to reproduce the issue more than once? 

Hi i cannot seem to load a picture on ps4 someone in this thread posted pictures. I found out if you use the default colors it looks perfect but my custom color Harrow the skins are mish mashed it happens everytime. Also i do not own the skins which also have something to do with it, I  just wanted to see how they looked when i noticed the issue

On 2019-09-17 at 11:13 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Wukong Samadhi Skin Changes:

• Made some texture/material changes to the Wukong Samadhi Skin to reduce the amount of ‘sparkling’.
  • Improved the tintable area of the Wukong Samadhi Skin tail, as it appeared as a more grey tone instead of a fuller dark black tone as intended.
  • Fixed the Wukong Samadhi Skin’s Shoulder Armor not appearing when previewing in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed some ugly texture stretching on the Wukong Samadhi Iron Staff Skin in the in-game Market.

If you’re going to change the skin can at least make the same change to his syandana too please 

6 hours ago, (PS4)BlueStrikerX said:

Hey uh DE. Wanna explain to me why the file size says its over 20 gb? This is not okay.

Hmm ... I’m not DE, so my guess stinks, and is probably wrong.

Having observed the download of the update initiate and run for a little while, it indicated that the size of the update was 2+ gigs. The size of the Warframe application is somewhere around 20 something gigs (which is nice, I remember when it has been bloated out to more than 40). 

After the update downloaded (as occurs with many updates) the system begins “copying” the app. So the update downloads, while the app is on the drive, and then the folder containing the update & app (which has its own installer/uninstalled built in), ran the installer which copied itself along with the new update file as the new, complete app, and erased the old separate version and downloaded update. 

It seems like a better way of doing major updates than having to download the entire app all over again, and then still have to wait for it to “copy” in order to install itself.

(Like I said, that’s just a guess about how it works, based on impressions from observation. I’m probably totally wrong about everything. But I don’t have file sizes that talk to me, so I just try to figure out what is going on when I see processes in action being represented by the system. If I believed that file sizes were talking to me, I would probably feel like I was not OK myself.)

DE (or maybe even Sony) could probably explain how the process actually works much better, and more accurately and correctly. Heck, I might even be interested to look into how the process works myself. But not right now. I’ve got other pursuits which are more pressing. And as amusing as it has been to speculate over what is actually happening during the update download and “copying” (installing?) process, it won’t make any difference concerning what has been decided no matter what. However things actually do or do not work, the file size says it’s over 20 gb, and “[that] is not OK.” 

14 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I am having this issue too. I don’t own a lot of skins so I don’t know if they are actually broken, but previewing them usually only previews the helmet, but still shows the default body.

Everything is too bright like can't turn down the brightness everything looks like crap I'm very upset my smoke blacks look washed out plastic gray 😞

On 2019-09-17 at 3:40 PM, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

After the update the lighting in some areas is super blown out, to the point it almost gives me a headache to look at it. It's especially noticeable on the Corpus ship tileset, and to a lesser extent Grineer asteroid. I've tried adjusting brightness, contrast, bloom, nothing works. Yet other areas of the game (orbiter, dojo, relays) are totally fine. Extracting from a corpus ship makes a white colored frame glow like a fluorescent lightbulb.

This is my favorite game and I can't play it anymore I can't even look inside my Orbiter it is absolutely too bright I tried looking through all the settings and messing with them and it does not seem to work it is like 1000% Overexposed brightness can anybody please help me

2 hours ago, (PS4)System_OverRyde said:

This is my favorite game and I can't play it anymore I can't even look inside my Orbiter it is absolutely too bright I tried looking through all the settings and messing with them and it does not seem to work it is like 1000% Overexposed brightness can anybody please help me

Try to mess with the bloom settings.

Archived