Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Dethcube Any Good As A Battery? (with augment)

Cephalon_Saryndipity

Question

With the advent of our own miniature Borg ship on the near horizon I heard some rumbling about folks using Dethcube with the Energy Generator mod from Simaris in order to get energy back in the days before Zenurik and Arcane Energize. Is this still a viable strategy? Or is the single energy per 10 enemies just not worth it anymore?

Edited by (NSW)Badger

21 answers to this question

I personally use this combination frequently, as I do not use Zenurik; I find that it works quite nicely.

I believe the combo can further be made more reliable by using the Sweeper with punch-through mods, as it quickly scales up how many enemies Dethcube has hit; since Dethcube simply has to participate in the kill things like multishot, fire-rate, and punch-through are the best to mod for.

Edited by TehGrief

I thought the aug says the dethcube has to FULLY kill the enemies.    Synth Deconstruct only requires damage to be done..

Thats why I would suggest sweeper or glaive because those have a better chance of outright killing things.

It it is true that it only takes damage, then I would go for Deth machine gun.  That thing has tons of ammo and hella fast fire rate so you will hit lots of enemies with it.  

8 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

With the advent of our own miniature Borg ship on the near horizon I heard some rumbling about folks using Dethcube with the Energy Generator mod from Simaris in order to get energy back in the days before Zenurik and Arcane Energize. Is this still a viable strategy? Or is the single energy per 10 enemies just not worth it anymore?

Depends on how energy hungry your frame is built and how you kill enemies. 

For a Saryn who kills through walls,  it won't be very good.  For a Mesa who kills with line of sight, it can help you keep up peacemakers longer. Slow down dethcube fire rate so it's not dumping ammo and reloading all the time. Add punchthrough and gas so it can hit more enemies. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Depends on how energy hungry your frame is built and how you kill enemies. 

For a Saryn who kills through walls,  it won't be very good.  For a Mesa who kills with line of sight, it can help you keep up peacemakers longer. Slow down dethcube fire rate so it's not dumping ammo and reloading all the time. Add punchthrough and gas so it can hit more enemies. 

Very interesting. Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure who I am going to use it on but I am looking for an additional energy source for various frames. Hadn't considered Mesa because I've been using a Crittycat (Adarza Kavat) because it will also make Peacemakers hit with higher crit levels, I often get Orange and every now and then a Red. 

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Very interesting. Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure who I am going to use it on but I am looking for an additional energy source for various frames. Hadn't considered Mesa because I've been using a Crittycat (Adarza Kavat) because it will also make Peacemakers hit with higher crit levels, I often get Orange and every now and then a Red. 

You can add hunter adrenaline, rage or both. I use dragon key to keep shields low on some frames so damage to health is faster.

You could also pair synth deconstruct with equilibrium

• Energy Generator can be quite useful, yes.
  • Energy Generator was not used 'before Focus and Arcanes' because it's like, 3-4 years newer than either of those.

Synth Set has been mentioned here too - note that if you're going to use Synth Deconstruct, do also use Synth Fiber! Synth Fiber lets you pick up Health Orbs at full Health.

10 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Slow down dethcube fire rate so it's not dumping ammo and reloading all the time.

or like. use Reload Mods so that it can spam as much as possible because that gets the most assists. you don't even care about Damage for this purpose so you can just stack all Multi-Shot, Fire Rate, Reload, and Magazine Mods(and a Suppressor Mod for good measure). on a Weapon with mediocre Accuracy to get even more hits(pretty much just Sweeper).

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, taiiat said:
  •  

or like. use Reload Mods so that it can spam as much as possible 

Yea that will work as well.  Only thing is I use deth rifle.  The more it reloads,  the more it cycles rev up to fire. I've tried both ways already. For me, a steady fire rate is perfect when enemies are constantly approaching like survival

I use bots for everything but kuva. Other sentinel weapons don't have high ammo, accuracy, and distance all in one. I also noticed that when sentinels reload, even with speed, often they take longer to actually shoot. May be bugged. May be just a xbox issue.

58 minutes ago, taiiat said:
  •  

Synth Set has been mentioned here too - note that if you're going to use Synth Deconstruct, do also use Synth Fiber! Synth Fiber lets you pick up Health Orbs at full Health.

.......Wow for real?  That would make health conversion waaaaaaay more effective on all other frames.  The problem with Synth Decon+HC was that you had to be injured to pick up health so getting armor stacks was hard.  But being able to pick up orbs at any time would be awesome!!  

Im just thinking outload, I will find out when I go ingame but I dont remember where synth fiber goes as a mod,  ur frame or a pet??   3 mod slots is alot to give up for this combo but I guess it would be worth it for +1300 armor...  Does fiber go on your companion??  How does your pet picking up an orb count as you picking it up???   Does the armor from fiber got to you or your pet??  

Hmmm.....I was using SD+HC on my ember for a little bit and it worked pretty good but not always,  I changed my ember into an Umber...which is super costly capacity wise....If I could get rid of umbra armor I could bring back HC and gain some more mod capacity........ It would make her strength dip a few % but I could use the extra cap to make it even stronger or more effecient or more range.....

I totally gotta try this out.....  The only other problem I have with SD+HC is that sentinels do not stay alive as well as beasts,  and SD does work with beasts but if I use those then I will have to sacrifice most likely offensive or utility.... Smeeta is packed to the brim with mods... Adarza might have room.. kubro def has room...  but my smeeta.....

I gotta go try this stuff out tho thanx for this info!!! 

4 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

-snip-

Synth Fiber is a Companion Mod.
you still pick up the Health Orb, but seemingly because it rolls a Buff for your Companion, it lets you pick it up at full Health because you still 'need' it? that's my best guess as to how it works, adding a consumption type so that you're never technically full.

it's worth it for many reasons tbh, so i think it's a good deal. 2/4 Synth Set also auto Reloads your Guns, which at 10%/sec is already enough to mostly remove Reloading from the game, for a fair number of Weapons.
lots of benefits. :)

5 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

I use bots for everything but kuva. Other sentinel weapons don't have high ammo, accuracy, and distance all in one. I also noticed that when sentinels reload, even with speed, often they take longer to actually shoot. May be bugged. May be just a xbox issue.

depending on how long you're talking, that may be normal. there is Refire Delay, so the Weapon cannot start Reloading until 1 / Fire Rate after Reloading is necessary. so there will be that amount of extra delay on top of the Reload Stat before Reloading is actually finished.

additionally the Companion has to decide to fire which could potentially take some amount of time? i don't know what to expect for that.

Edited by taiiat

38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Synth Fiber is a Companion Mod.
you still pick up the Health Orb, but seemingly because it rolls a Buff for your Companion, it lets you pick it up at full Health because you still 'need' it? that's my best guess as to how it works, adding a consumption type so that you're never technically full.

it's worth it for many reasons tbh, so i think it's a good deal. 2/4 Synth Set also auto Reloads your Guns, which at 10%/sec is already enough to mostly remove Reloading from the game, for a fair number of Weapons.
lots of benefits. 🙂

depending on how long you're talking, that may be normal. there is Refire Delay, so the Weapon cannot start Reloading until 1 / Fire Rate after Reloading is necessary. so there will be that amount of extra delay on top of the Reload Stat before Reloading is actually finished.

additionally the Companion has to decide to fire which could potentially take some amount of time? i don't know what to expect for that.

That's why I say it is better to have weapon that fires longer. Sentinel switching targets while shooting is wayyy faster than for it to reload then aquire target then decide to shoot.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

That's why I say it is better to have weapon that fires longer. Sentinel switching targets while shooting is wayyy faster than for it to reload then aquire target then decide to shoot.

the sort of Weapon that would fit that goal would have 'meh' Accuracy w/ large Magazine and good Fire Rate - but that sort of Weapon doesn't exist for Companions. Deth Rifle has the spool up that even with lots of Fire Rate still takes some time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok I tried Synth Deconstruct+Fiber+ health conversion.  I used my ember and kavat which is what I have been playing alot....

The fiber made it work...but it wasnt that great with a kavat(I use maul+swipe).  Overall it made my Ember have less health, and without armor stacks she was super squishy.  My ember having less raw armor also made my kavat super squishy.   I replaced a link-armor with synth fiber.  The kavat would die super easy.   

I will have to try later on with a sentinel and a different frame.  But Im not sure this combo is worth it on any frames.  It would need to be on stuff with large shield pool to begin with and fast shield regen otherwise you might be able to tank damage but taking hits that often removes your stacks faster than you can build them.

Im thinking control frames like nyx/gara..

54 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Ok I tried Synth Deconstruct+Fiber+ health conversion.  I used my ember and kavat which is what I have been playing alot....

The fiber made it work...but it wasnt that great with a kavat(I use maul+swipe).  Overall it made my Ember have less health, and without armor stacks she was super squishy.  My ember having less raw armor also made my kavat super squishy.   I replaced a link-armor with synth fiber.  The kavat would die super easy.   

I will have to try later on with a sentinel and a different frame.  But Im not sure this combo is worth it on any frames.  It would need to be on stuff with large shield pool to begin with and fast shield regen otherwise you might be able to tank damage but taking hits that often removes your stacks faster than you can build them.

Im thinking control frames like nyx/gara..

Yeah synth deconstruct not worth it. Your companion barely attacks enough for it to be useful. Maybe on venari it would work (I don't know if Venari can equip it)

12 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Yeah synth deconstruct not worth it. Your companion barely attacks enough for it to be useful. Maybe on venari it would work (I don't know if Venari can equip it)

With Djinn (which has a 60m attack range) and a 100% status Blast/Electric Cryotra, the ground is usually littered with red orbs for me. I think the Blast status will cause Synth Deconstruct to trigger on all the units affected by the Blast.