Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Mission Ideas.

(XBOX)PoiznDeth

Fissures: Have two of each type active at all times with current slight delays. One being a straight single shot (IE: spy/exterminate) & one endless.

Add a fissure only arch type submission that adds slight percentage boost to rarity. IE: Spy full undetected, exterminate a hidden boss on tile set, activate a node that spawns stronger enemies on defense, protect an engineer to repair a drill on excavations. I could go on.

Nodes: Add more submission stuff on normal missions to keep them fresh, weird that defense is only different on "endgame" with a live moving target. Or spys on certain tilesets are more in depth. Like defend a VIP, then a console, then a transport, add a party split with opinional rescue on the tileset while still having to defend the VIP stuff. Again I could go on.

Resources: add a mission NPC per planet that gives missions that have an abundance of said resources. You gain standing by giving up resources the planet lacks and you spend standing on these missions to gather resource nodes. They should also at rank 5+ have rotating mods to buy that are found on the planet drop tables based on its nodes.

Bosses: Tier 2/3/4/5 that get more technical and party heavy for rewards. IE: the arena becomes dangerous and the party needs to hack or kill the cause. A node must be stood on to disable an invincibility phase. Single target auto kill that must be avoided. Arena only weapon pick up or throwable to push a phase forward. Plenty of ideas for each boss in my head. Rewards would be mods/resources base but as the tiers go up boss exclusive skins for weapons. Boss exclusive color pallets. Boss exclusive weapons/variants. Core bosses are for story and normal frames but let's bring them back to a weekly like fight that requires a build up to complete (intel/keys) that gives a good come back for more beyond sorties.

OV & POE: increase the daily standing caps, it's over pretty much. Unless you add new ranks most people want to progress forward to catch up to current levels of play faster. Games with so much to do need a quick break for new players, only to halt progress in earnest when it comes to the true new content. Kit guns & zaws are only fresh to new players that aren't hyped about it since they weren't around for it. Hyper limited events will bring them to that content only to realise that they are 2week away from said event exclusive stuff that's only a week. The resources will be the slowed growth since they blitz the ranks and then have to farm for their POE or OV boons if they choose. And I'm sure you'll add new Open Hubs where this current state will be fine again.

Sortie: Add more story of the sortie into the mission. If its Alad V trying to reclaim something, use the mission types and challenges with its written story into the mission. IE hearing messages Alad V sent to investors when grabbing Intel in spy. 

I have many ideas to add flair or to freshen up your game. I just dont want to put my ideas out in a public source. I base everything on keeping things new and tuned to the lore folks, keeping casuals from falling behind from base content and giving veterans a true endgame to work for. I have a ton of endless mission, build testing, vet style stuff too. Let me know if you want to hear more DE.

Given the mechanics of Warframe, I propose the following based on your ideas:

Bosses: Instead of super technical, make them faster, more accurate, I'm thinking the championship duel in UT99 vs Xan Kriegor. Let them use some abilities to move around or be temporarily tankier/remove status effects. Personally I'm not a fan of super technical bosses, hence one reason I left SWTOR for Warframe. Oneshot kills because I wasn't on a button "somewhere" in 10s is not fun.

Offensive Endless: Disruption may be this, haven't played much yet. Take the mining Sabotage from Saturn (Enceladus). You drop in, there's a thing to blow up by hacking a console or delivering a payload or something ( I haven't the foggiest how this would function, but you'd need some form of timer to pace rewards out, i think). Once the thingy explodes, maybe you mop up, get a reward, and a new one pops in somewhere. Maybe it's a Warp gate type thing, like the Orokin Sab has? I'm really unsure how to work this, but the phrase "Endless Sabotage" keeps popping in my head for this game.

Otherwise I could get on board with these changes, see what happens with em. If DE bothers.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you on your concerns.

Bosses: tier levels indicate the level of speed clears. I do not want say a level 5 super boss be a sortie or nightwave. Simple 2-5min clear is good for a farm: tier 1-2 is simple hp/armor increases with increase drop tables (IE: frame T1 10%, T2 20%). Tier 3 introduction of weekly boss mechanical work. T3/4/5 allows for single/dual/team style mechanics (like eidolans, they could be solo'd by maxed builds). One shots in MMOs normally require rez like WoW or timers like Destiny. Warframe you simply just spend a bit of precious time reviving. T5 would be the only one with maybe a rez limit or abberition style thing. But this is all a part of my world view in planet based objectives for relays. Allowing players to farm specific resources for rewards vs RNG while still giving an RNG drop for the boss that's across all tiers. (EI: T1 1%/ T2 3% etc.). I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to bounce off their heads and let them or the community feel for them but I would like to personally email them or talk to them. Probably wont happen lol.

Endless Sabotage: two fold; A mix disruption style with 4 main objectives and rotation. Or mix modes like Onslaught; sabotage, murder. Rift sabotage, spy. Rift. This is based on current game functionality, personally I'd like more mission diversity with randomness that doesn't make this mission an extended farm for dailies beyond it's intended creation. I see this fitting in Invasion style where you can claim all 3 points in a single run. Or node farming for a resource. Even a bounty to blow up a massive ship by hacking, bomb planting, coolant replacing, etc and at mission end you run for your life as things go crazy via your chain of events and at the extraction the ship explodes. Cinema. Lol.

Edited by (XB1)PoiznDeth
Clarification.

Additional context:

Bosses I stated single target one shot is not to be a party wipe. I've never been a fan of watching one person struggle with a mechanic and whole teams suffer. It causes toxic effects in the community. What I mean is like a play gets targeted and must do a separate mechanism to not die. It is to have a small party break, buff drop, etc. It does not remove the player from combat, merely a minor disturbance. Even a damage tether mechanic where a player shares dmg dealt with boss and must cleanse it. Party members must aid them by dealing with adds or switching to a buff/debuff system or even run passed the tether to alternate damage dealt to party.