Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is more too many minions?

(XBOX)LZonut

If too many minions are summoned it gets annoying for players (both the caster and their allies) to fight effectively. Back when Nekros spawned huge crowds, it was basically impossible to tell what was happening, because the Shadows blocked your view of anything. Currently I'd say 7 is right on the limit of player visibility, considering Shadows and Thralls look roughly the same as normal enemies and it's easy to confuse them in the heat of battle. If the minions were to look different to normal enemies, as well as being small enough to not block line of sight, then there could maybe be more.

• Like 4

Let me tell you something. Kuva survival, pub team, 3 nekros and 1 volt.

When all 3 nekros summon their little pals, it's chaos. That's 21 summons. You can't see anything anymore.

7 little pals are enough. More would hinder you and your team.

Even so, when i summon my pals to help, i ALWAYS try to shoot one of them by mistake. When you reach lvl100 + , everything has to be done in speed or you die. Having more distractions at this point is really detrimental.

I would even go and say 7 are too many.

3 or 4 would be enough. Buff the minions and that's it

Edited by Melkfet
stuff to add

57 minutes ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Okay, so not counting minions that look like enemies, would more still be okay? If there were like 10 sentinels flying around would you be okay with that? I have no idea how it would play out.

I'd still err on the side of caution and would prefer to keep it on the low side. Even if they don't look like the enemies, they will still obstruct your view and distract you, especially in narrow corridors or rooms with a low ceiling. Flying drones will block sight for head and body shots if the ceiling is too low or when you're above the enemy. The only things that wouldn't have this problem would be Mite Raknoids and Ratels that are so small, they really only obstruct your ability to shoot someone in the feet.

The big issue is really just that you need to account for the potential problem of there being n x 2 ~ 4 minions on field. The last thing you want, is 2 people spawning in 30 minions and making the game a complete mess where things could potentially fall apart.

Edited by RX-3DR

26 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Oh yeah. And they even stay friendly forever. I had a big infested army once, it was hilarious.

There's a ghoul enemy in PoE(can't remember the name) that refills it's HP up to full once it drops below 50%, thereby, giving you a permanent minion.

On 2019-09-18 at 7:46 AM, YUNoJump said:

If too many minions are summoned it gets annoying for players (both the caster and their allies) to fight effectively. Back when Nekros spawned huge crowds, it was basically impossible to tell what was happening, because the Shadows blocked your view of anything. Currently I'd say 7 is right on the limit of player visibility, considering Shadows and Thralls look roughly the same as normal enemies and it's easy to confuse them in the heat of battle. If the minions were to look different to normal enemies, as well as being small enough to not block line of sight, then there could maybe be more.

We need transparency abilities and effects from allies option.

I would like an effect similar to what we have for Mirage and her clones a transparency area around the reticle. 

I have had mixed results when shooting through the shadows at times. 

I would like it if they were very very transparent. 

Hell, I would love it if they had the appearance of thin black or white see through sheets with eye holes. 

Double love if they moaned and said boo once in a while.