Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The polygon review???

(PSN)sweatshawp

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/13/20750950/warframe-character-customization-captura-screenshots

Its crazy that this is what warframe gets spotlighted on the fashion frame and not actual gameplay etc that’s going on within the game. Not covering fortuna how much “content” the game has the movement etc. while I do understand that A lot of this has been said before and warframe is a great game I find it offsetting that it gets more shine in being a dolly dress up game then a mmo/lootershooter. 

What are your opinions on the article good cynical folk of the forums?

• Like 10

Eh, I don't think putting the articles about the gameplay over and over again will bring revenue from the reader when they can simply read one article about it and skip the others

Also, I think most people don't get interested on articles on gameplay nowadays when you only need one article with review on the title to know the gameplay

Just now, 844448 said:

Eh, I don't think putting the articles about the gameplay over and over again will bring revenue from the reader when they can simply read one article about it and skip the others

Also, I think most people don't get interested on articles on gameplay nowadays when you only need one article with review on the title to know the gameplay

Fair enough but with all the new stuff going on you’d think it’d get some spotlight while I speak for myself and say I don’t usualy read nor care for these articles. I just felt some type of way because usually these things cover more then just “dolly dressup” and the fact dolly dressup was used irked me. Like hey actually cover content in the game. But also from a logical standpoint there isn’t much to cover that A hasn’t been covered or B is pretty interesting right now for warframe which also makes me sad

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Fair enough but with all the new stuff going on you’d think it’d get some spotlight while I speak for myself and say I don’t usualy read nor care for these articles. I just felt some type of way because usually these things cover more then just “dolly dressup” and the fact dolly dressup was used irked me. Like hey actually cover content in the game. But also from a logical standpoint there isn’t much to cover that A hasn’t been covered or B is pretty interesting right now for warframe which also makes me sad

They put things like upcoming railjack and such though, but I guess people like shiny things like dolly dress up mode where they can show off their skill in fashion and such

Try taking a look at other games articles if there's a game that has more articles on gameplay

30 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I find it offsetting that it gets more shine in being a dolly dress up game then a mmo/lootershooter

There's been multiple articles on the game itself. It's not like this is the only article ever made about the game.

It's also not an MMO and it's barely a looter shooter.

8 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Who reads Polygon lol

Quite a few people. It's a high traffic site.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

If you look at all of the Warframe content Polygon has created (click on the hyperlinked "Warframe" text, the first word of the article), you can see that they actually put out quite a bit of non-fashion-based content about Warframe. They seem to cover most major updates at the very least, and there are also other editorials about the economy, the new player experience and how it's changed in 2019. The only thing they have listed as an official "review" was written in 2014, but I think it's understandable that they don't write a brand new review of the same game every year when its core gameplay stays mostly the same in that time, that wouldn't result in too many views. Nowhere in the article you've linked does it say that the article is a real review, it's just discussing fashion, which I think is a big enough part of the game that it shouldn't be ignored at least.

• Like 4

the Article is simply uninformed. Warframe DOESN'T have 'best in the Industry' customization or anything. it essentially did in 2013, but in the digital world that was a long time ago and now all of the other big players are ahead of Warframe.

having so few Color Tint layers has been hurting creativity from both Community and 1st party designs for years.
it's just such a large limiter. and control over Material finishes of these Tints is also now important too.

there's so, so very much distance to go for Warframe to have "the best customization".

• Like 5

Just now, taiiat said:

the Article is simply uninformed. Warframe DOESN'T have 'best in the Industry' customization or anything.

I don't think having an opinion on what's the best counts as "uninformed". It's like saying Warframe is the best videogame. It's personal preference. 

I certainly don't believe "all of the other big players" are ahead.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/13/20750950/warframe-character-customization-captura-screenshots

Its crazy that this is what warframe gets spotlighted on the fashion frame and not actual gameplay etc that’s going on within the game. Not covering fortuna how much “content” the game has the movement etc. while I do understand that A lot of this has been said before and warframe is a great game I find it offsetting that it gets more shine in being a dolly dress up game then a mmo/lootershooter. 

What are your opinions on the article good cynical folk of the forums?

tbh if they ever did previous review on warframe years ago then in all fairness any new review would likely be 90% identical to their older reviews, "proper" actual gameplay has pretty much stayed stagnant since 2013/14, they would have to produce something different, i suppose this would be that different type of review.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It’s polygon man 

dunno, never once read anything from them, only seen them mentioned time to time (usually sarcastically), i tend to think of 99% of most supposed news sites to all be shills neways so never bother, i prefer the average persons opinions on youtube/etc.

I mean, it's just a fluff opinion piece to fill page space. While it may be more blog than article and I detest them calling fashion frame dolly dress up its not really hurting anyone or the game. 

52 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the Article is simply uninformed. Warframe DOESN'T have 'best in the Industry' customization or anything. it essentially did in 2013, but in the digital world that was a long time ago and now all of the other big players are ahead of Warframe.

having so few Color Tint layers has been hurting creativity from both Community and 1st party designs for years.
it's just such a large limiter. and control over Material finishes of these Tints is also now important too.

there's so, so very much distance to go for Warframe to have "the best customization".

It would be super cool if we could control materials but I suspect that would be an even greater challenge than covering to pbr (which isn't done yet either). From what I'm giving to understand they would have to redo all the frames and weapons again to make that possible. 

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't think having an opinion on what's the best counts as "uninformed". It's like saying Warframe is the best videogame. It's personal preference. 

normally yes, but this sort of rating is based on "how much customization can you do". which is something that's quite quantitative, rather than abstract.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

From what I'm giving to understand they would have to redo all the frames and weapons again to make that possible. 

a huge amount of work? yes. seemingly highly worthwhile considering how important Cosmetics are to the majority of the Community? double yes.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

Soo... what has more customization than Warframe?

That fashion frame gets spotlighted is a great thing. It’s one of many players’ favorite activities in game, including myself and some of my frames with thousands or even more than 10,000 hours of in game hours. Most articles try to cover Warframe’s many areas of interests once but not get into the detail or each one. It’s good the author chooses to narrow it down and just covers this in the review. 

It's fine. This isn't an official review of Warframe, this is just an editorial spotlighting an aspect of the game that is well-known to people playing it but maybe not as well-known for outsiders who are considering giving it a try.

Every few months I still see an article saying something like "the speedrunning possibilities in BotW are limitless" but it doesn't mean that they are obscuring the merits of the game beyond glitch-hunting and sequence-breaking. The time for a review has passed, and now they're covering the smaller "slice-of-life" aspects of what it's like to play Warframe long-term.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RadonRadish said:

What does "Warframe is currently enemic to the political environment" even mean?

Does the article actually say that? I scanned through but couldn't find it.

I wouldn't be surprised (it's polygon after all), I'm just wondering.

7 hours ago, Methanoid said:

(even tho we got androgynous emo-teens for operators so they didnt get any male/female divide).

You do realise that there is both a male and a female body type for operators, right?