Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phorid Taking Too Long To Spawn.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Okay, now I don’t know if this is happening to anybody else but for the last few weeks Phorid has been taking a while to spawn. Usually it spawns immediately the moment I enter the area. But the last couple dozen times I’ve fought phorid, he didn’t spawn for almost 3 minutes. One time it took 5. Usually phorid is a quick mission with a powered up rhino. Some people may not care but I like being able to calculate and plan ahead so that I’m not on warframe all day and night. Can’t do that if the missions don’t know when to end or begin. 

So I’d like to know why has Phorid been hesitant to come out recently? Don’t know if it is a bug or if DE purposely made that happen to prevent players from rushing through the mission. 

Unless it bugs out phorrid should spawn as soon as you get your camera pointed to its spawn location.  Its entirely possible to run around that tile without spawning him if you just don't turn your camera the right way.  It can sometimes be picky as to what counts as pointing at its spawn location though.

That said I haven't noticed anything different with Phorrid spawns lately and I've been running them quite a bit recently.  There are occasionally times when I have to swing my camera around a few extra times to get it to trigger but those are the minority of the runs, and is usually fixed by swinging my camera around.

Edited by Tsukinoki

48 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Unless it bugs out phorrid should spawn as soon as you get your camera pointed to its spawn location.  Its entirely possible to run around that tile without spawning him if you just don't turn your camera the right way.  It can sometimes be picky as to what counts as pointing at its spawn location though.

That said I haven't noticed anything different with Phorrid spawns lately and I've been running them quite a bit recently.  There are occasionally times when I have to swing my camera around a few extra times to get it to trigger but those are the minority of the runs, and is usually fixed by swinging my camera around.

Well next time I’ll spend like tornado like Inaros. Cause I’ve been staring in the direction of the spawn multiple times. I would run all the way from one side to the other and then back. Doing the exact same thing multiple times before it finally spawns. Which then I’m left facing the opposite direction from the phorid for some reason. But I keeping looking in the direction of the spawn from many angles trying to maintain my site in order to shoot him quickly before he could do anything. Sometimes he spawned while I’m facing away from him. So I don’t know what’s going on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, CxLL said:

From a few runs recently, it looks like its waiting for all players from the squad to reach the area prior to spawning. Were you in a squad or alone?

I was alone every single time. When I’m in a squad he appeared immediately, but when I’m by myself, he doesn’t. Makes me hate doing solo but then in a public game I have to wait for newbies to stop farming. Which is why I even made this post in the first place. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

4 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

When I’m in a squad he appeared immediately, but when I’m by myself, he doesn’t.

Now this is something we should look into! Follow the official bug reporting guidelines and toss a report to the bug report section! Or update the first post and report this thread for moving (your choice really).
As soon as you give all of the details, I'll get some people to test and of course test it myself. 

You just not in the right spot. There's always a certain spot the fight initiates from and if you're not near it, you're going to have a bad time. When you find a spot, keep doing that spot. Or if you come from the other side, you know, above on that raised platform, go to the right side of it.

16 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

You just not in the right spot. There's always a certain spot the fight initiates from and if you're not near it, you're going to have a bad time. When you find a spot, keep doing that spot. Or if you come from the other side, you know, above on that raised platform, go to the right side of it.

Funny for a right spot relevance to compete with 100m less range to initiate cut scene/kill target sequence... Seriously - Bug(s) are more presumptive for such case.

7 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

Funny for a right spot relevance to compete with 100m less range to initiate cut scene/kill target sequence... Seriously - Bug(s) are more presumptive for such case.

Been that way ever since he was made to stay in his arena.

Also you gotta look where he'll spawn when you do it. i.e if you walk around staring at your feet, he will not spawn.

5 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Also you gotta look where he'll spawn when you do it. i.e if you walk around staring at your feet, he will not spawn.

All that would help if I was a noob that stared at his feet. I’ve never had this problem till the past couple of weeks. And I’m not doing anything differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I noticed this as well with all the emissary invasion missions I have ran.  Its completely random if he spawns right away or not.   Group or no group sometimes he will spawn right away sometimes he wont.   Sometimes I have to hop all over his spawn point and look from different angles.  

Atleast for me when you do get the cutscene for him spawning...afterwards it jerks your camera around so I am looking a completely different direction than I was.   This bit is super annoying.  

But whatever...im still finishing in 2 mins or less ???

(would be cool to have a "Heroic moment" cutscene.   The first one to reach him triggers a cutscene of your warframe walking through the door to that room and then it cuts to Phorid roaring and shooting the spikes at your warframe Lotus warns you about, and then it cuts back to your warframe sliding or rolling out of the way of the spikes as they slam into the wall, then the cutscene ends and the fight starts)

13 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Mind asking but are we really talking about the same thing?

609430027.jpg

Or you're just addressing glitchy getaway(s) in console players?

11 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

Mind asking but are we really talking about the same thing?

Or you're just addressing glitchy getaway(s) in console players?

Yes I am talking of Phorid. That's what this entire topic has been about. If you weren't around in 2013 when Phorid first came out, you won't know what he was like.

20 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

All that would help if I was a noob that stared at his feet. I’ve never had this problem till the past couple of weeks. And I’m not doing anything differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Must be either something you guys are doing wrong, or console related bug. Which is most likely console related.

I just ran Phorid 3 in a row and had zero troubles with him coming out to play. I looked his direction as I came through the doors and headed in. Zero trouble.