Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitsushadow

Here's a thought for DE

If the Emissary's suit is essentially a pure-Infestation battle armor, shouldn't the Helminth door open? It should sense an infested entity and open up. Of course, it discovers a little too late that it's been fooled, but hey, that's what it gets for using Infestation as an all-access passkey.

Yeah, think about this one.  It's a suit made out of infestation.  He thinks the operator is a demon.

If a demon showed up at your house wearing a suit made of people, would you open the door?

15 minutes ago, Phatose said:

If a demon showed up at your house wearing a suit made of people, would you open the door?

NOW you tell me. I thought something was a bit fishy when he dissolved in the salt.  

14 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

It's also most likely a different strand of infestation, helminth might only react to it's own.

Yes, likely the difference between strains. The original controlled strain that we use is probably not the same as the wild, modern plague.

34 minutes ago, Kitsushadow said:

If the Emissary's suit is essentially a pure-Infestation<...>

So is every Warframe. But Nidus is the only one that is made out of seemingly living hemlinth.

42 minutes ago, tennomantra said:

So is every Warframe. But Nidus is the only one that is made out of seemingly living hemlinth.

All warframes are made of living Helminth, Nidus is just overran by it rather than being in control like every other frame

I saw a similar thread to this, and I will give the same response. 

It would likely say something like "this one is not of us, it is other" that too just from the door not allow entry. 

nope as it will open on sensing a active mature strain of helmith which the cyst is
i will reffer to arlyos as the Emissary strain

the chair will not open as its not sensing the helmith strain an is only sensing a infested strain of some sort an refuses to open for you

2 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

Nidus is just overran by it rather than being in control like every other frame

I think of Nidus as more of an apex strain of the original infestation. He's not out of control or overrun by it; it's simply weaponized more directly.

It’s just a cosmetic, I doubt it was ever supposed to have gameplay implications. If decking our warframes out with infested weapons and armor doesn’t do anything to open the door, then I’d expect the same from the operator suit.

Well with that logic we should be able to walk right past the infested if we needed to...Let alone them attacking anything not us if present attacking us...

19 hours ago, Phatose said:

Yeah, think about this one.  It's a suit made out of infestation.  He thinks the operator is a demon.

Isn't that usually how they show up? 

20 hours ago, Phatose said:

Yes, because I'm probably going to die anyway, might as well go out in a blaze of glory*.

*: More like a spark against the wind, but semantics.

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

As far as I know, cosmetics don't affect the lore

Except for that one mask Nakak sells.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Except for that one mask Nakak sells.

It's an obligation to wear it, DE isn't gonna make different paths for a quest depending on if the player has X cosmetic on them or not

Just now, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

It's an obligation to wear it, DE isn't gonna make different paths for a quest depending on if the player has X cosmetic on them or not

Is it? I thought you had to wear it while progressing with the quest.

The Revenant mask is a quest item, so technically falls outside of cosmetic items not having in-game function. But that's okay. Nakak reminds me a lot of Tali, and that's always a good thing. 🙂