Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

Before the schedualed disposition changes i hated Rivens. I often called them Warframes lootbox. And I often asked them to be removed.

But with this regular change, I really came to enjoy the Riven system for the first time.

Not because I use them, but because of the sweet sweet drama of those little entitled snowflakes, who feel less grownup and manly when somebody switches around their digital numbers, which they build their whole selfconfidence on.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Before the schedualed disposition changes i hated Rivens. I often called them Warframes lootbox. And I often asked them to be removed.

But with this regular change, I really came to enjoy the Riven system for the first time.

Not because I use them, but because of the sweet sweet drama of those little entitled snowflakes, who feel less grownup and manly when somebody switches around their digital numbers, which they build their whole selfconfidence on.

After a certain point rivens provide the only meaningful thing in the game to grind for for a very large number of players.  Kuva survival is the biggest time sink the game has.  Rolling rivens is usually crushingly dissapointing and yet huge numbers put themselves through it because they feel there's nothing else left for them to do.

And considering a player having rivens on their weapons makes absolutely no difference to you or your gameplay your comment shows what an entitled little snowflake you are that you're looking forward with glee to your fellow players being hit with even more disappointment. 

You don't like rivens, fine, ignore them, don't use them.  Slavering at the prospect of fellow players feeling genuine disappointment at their best rivens being nerfed that maybe cost them dozens of hours grinding kuva?   That's toxic af. 

• Like 4

I sitting on a few Bow Rivens that I'm... unsure about. I feel like they're safe since the buff to bows was fairly recent and DE has virtually only buffed all Bows forever. I wouldn't be surprised at a Daikyu Riven nerf, if not this season then next if its theoretical Prime ships with Ivara.

Other than that, I'm really not concerned in the slightest. Probably gonna stay out of General Discussion for while though, don't wanna get sodium poisoning.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

Rolling rivens is usually crushingly dissapointing and yet huge numbers put themselves through it because they feel there's nothing else left for them to do.

I know, that's why I usually call Rivens Lootboxes, since they work kust as Slotmachines and get people addicted and force them into bad habits, namely forcing yourself through a "crushing dissapointment" in order to potentially get bigger numbers.

Normal gambling addicts at least do it for the money. Warframe players for their flimsy selfconfidence. 

vor 25 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Hyperion Rexx:

Slavering at the prospect of fellow players feeling genuine disappointment at their best rivens being nerfed that maybe cost them dozens of hours grinding kuva?   That's toxic af. 

Uhh, I guess i hit a nerve.

Edited by Walkampf

1 hour ago, --Brandt-- said:

I'm just waiting for an actual person to make these decisions and not because it's "popular". I love seeing the Warframe stream and how excited an employee is at getting a Rubico riven only until it gets nerfed again and again every 3 months. Thankfully I dumped my Catchmoon riven already at least before this upcoming change since I don't even want to see what those stats would be like in a couple weeks.

That is already the current methodology as of the last 2 Prime Access adjustments:

Equinox Prime adjustment thread: This is our first time determining disposition changes with the help of an internal ranking, to help guide dispositions closer to where we feel they should be, and to offer a solid baseline that is less subject to fluctuating player usage stats.

Wukong Prime adjustment thread: When comparing these adjustments with our last set of changes from April, you’ll notice fewer weapons were affected, and changes are generally less drastic. With our internal power rankings in place, and multiple sets of Disposition changes behind us, this trend should continue in the future!

2 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

What did they say? No melee nerfs until 3.0 comes out, was it?

I am actually wondering if the Gram will get the hammer. 

Indeed. Unless they changed their minds, no melee adjustments until next year (The team that was working on Melee is working on The New War).

I can smell that Rubico Disposition nerf already. I hope they will not touch Vectis at least. ^__^

Actually there isn't any content in Warframe where Rivens are mandatory. Rivens are basically optional. In the end it feels good to have the possibility to make weapons stronger with such Mods. Not needed for level 30 Grineer tho. If DE will nerf some Rivens into the ground again I will just replace the Riven with a regular mod. Easy. ^__^           

I wonder why Riven Dispositions like 0,5 or 0,6 even exist. In most cases a normal mod is not that much weaker than a good Riven with that low stats. I don't see the point of Rivens with that low Dispositions to be honest.

Just make something like 0,7 the lowest possible Disposition, so the weapon can still benefit a little bit from it at least and the people who invested into that Riven don't have to cry for days. Then make the highest Disposition 2,5 for those special weapons like the Stug. Maybe it will be finally decent with a Riven when that happens. ^__^

I'm excited to watch the drama of Riven nerfs again. Not really care about Stone Boy Prime to be honest. ^__^

Edited by Afterburner_X
  • Like 1

Investments are always risky, as they say.

The 3 month interval "re-balancing" of Rivens is exactly why I don't spend plat on them anymore. I'm better off buying veiled and hoping I get one for a weapon I want rather than submit to the outrageous economy that we made. Especially when it's also a gamble as to whether or not your investment will be made negligible.

I'm indifferent to Rivens nowadays, anyway. I'm not one to complain 4 times a year about the exact same shiz when I can totally see it coming.
Wake me when Empyrean ships.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

So is the game too easy and not a challenge, or do you literally need unnerfed rivens to complete content? I'm confused.

That depends on who you ask! Some people like me want a hard mode added to the game scaling all enemies on all nodes to at least 120 from the beginning. Other players will join a Church and start praying so the world doesn't end when they are unable to nuke the entire map every 2 seconds while eating a sandwich.

Edited by Jarriaga

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

How much of a change in stats are we talking with a dispo change? 

If we go by previous information posted directly by DE, these are the guidelines:

-No changing dispositions by more than one “pip” at a time
-Only changes of a high enough magnitude are implemented (if numbers are “close enough” to desired power level, we will leave them be)

So pretty much "just enough to be noticeable".

Edited by Jarriaga

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Yes, but the vitriolic blowback is getting more and more aggressive each time. At some point you have to wonder if DE will hold their ground or if they'll get tired of the negativity produced by these adjustments and stop making them.

Personally, I hope DE don't give up on this.

I hope they do give up on this.

They've created a system where op cheeseball rivens can sell for an insane amount of plat, only to get nerfed into the ground. And then other players gleefully S#&$ on them for being dumb enough to give digital extremes money.

I get what they were trying to do "counter the meta" and I get that part of the reason this is currently an issue is because they went for so long without adjusting dispo at all but I'm noticing a pattern where new weapon gets introduced, new weapon is good, new weapon is really OP with a good riven because supply and demand exists, this goes on for awhile and BOOM. Nerfed in the next prime access. Nerfed to the point where a lot of people wouldn't have paid what they did if it started out with the low dispo to begin with.

Examples: kitgun rivens, especially catchmoon, fulmin etc.

If anything new weapons should start with a craply dispo and either stay there or be brought up. Because it seems scummy to me as it is now.

Honestly, I think Rivens shouldn't of been a thing, the idea was noble but the honest truth is that we, the players, are a**holes who can't help but get greedy. But since that cat is out of the bag, I'd change so direct DPS components would be removed from them. Meaning IPS/Elemental damage bonuses, multishot, Critical chance and Status values would not be in new rivens and any rerolls would remove them. Making them utility bonus mods that boost weapon reload times, magazine sizes, combo timers and adding in utility features like sound suppression and possibly even some more Augment style upgrades. 

20 minutes ago, davej83 said:

All rivens should be dispo 3 and untouchable, enougth dispo the get strong and not too OP riven and not so weak to avoid..

That goes against the original main point for rivens. They were implemented to boost up weaker and less used weapons to pad up already existing content. And secondarily they were to give players and option to put in more utility without sacrificing mod slots. 

Having Rivens be locked to a set disposition defeats that core design because then the bonus values on the mods will be equal but because the base values are not, we are right back at the exact power creep and meta issues from standard damage mods. Nothing has changed for the better.