Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incoming Riven disposition update in October 1st/2nd

Jarriaga

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Personally, I'm fine with the changes, I know they can/will change over time.

What is disappointing is so many players looking forward with absolute glee to their fellow tenno basically getting kicked in the nuts after they've worked bloody hard to get the stats they want.  Whether that be grinding kuva themselves,  grinding things to sell for plat to just buy the riven, or, god forbid, spending money in the game to just buy plat thereby helping keep afloat the game you're playing.

But yeah, let's just put on our sneers and act all superior.  Like I said, that attitude is toxic af.

On the other side of the fence, I think it's toxic to lash out at DE with nothing but vitriol for doing what they had promised to do. If you think that it's a sneer and acting superior, then so be it.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

On the other side of the fence, I think it's toxic to lash out at DE with nothing but vitriol for doing what they had promised to do. If you think that it's a sneer and acting superior, then so be it.

I have never seen significant buffs for weapons that need it, but nerfs on the other hand.... :B

Nope, don't think that's acceptable either.   Players should know by now changes will happen.   I can understand their disappointment though.  

It's the glee shown so many at their fellow players disappointment which I was talking about though.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Nope, don't think that's acceptable either.   Players should know by now changes will happen.   I can understand their disappointment though.  

It's the glee shown so many at their fellow players disappointment which I was talking about though.

Speaking for myself, I find amusement in their indignation because of the extreme way they present it and because some of them act surprised. And I do mean act, as in, acting. I don't want to call names but I saw some posters complain in one old Riven revision thread then post in the next one like the previous revision never happened and it was all a surprise and they had just spent thousands of plat in a riven the day before.

This may sound and be toxic, but those guys get no sympathy or understanding from me.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

Speaking for myself, I find amusement in their indignation because of the extreme way they present it and because some of them act surprised. I don't want to call names but I saw some posters complain in one old Riven revision thread then post in the next one like the previous revision never happened it was all a surprised and they had just spent thousands of plat in a riven the day before.

Yeah, some players are fools to themselves when it comes to rivens.   

Take the rubico though.  Generally regarded as the best sniper in the game and yet I'd happily wager that 90%+ of its use is doing eidolon.   And considering most players don't do eidolon what are these usage stats they're going off?

If we actually saw a decent number of the trash weapons in the game (about half of each weapon type) getting the significant buffs they need to bring them up to par I think an awful lot of the complaints would disappear.   Yet we don't.  So people get annoyed when maybe their one decent riven for a top tier weapon gets nerfed because the scales aren't being balanced.

DE: We're making the Riven system to encourage players to revisit overlooked weapons. We hope this will shake up the heavy overuse of a small handful of weapons by giving players powerspikes on certain weapons at random. Note these are subject to change and balancing to keep them consistent with their original intent.

A Handful Of Players: Oh boy, let's go to great lengths to use this system to bump the already-best meta weapons to be even stronger! It's a sure thing!

DE: We're buffing some Rivens for still-overlooked weapons. We're also nerfing some Rivens for the overused weapons. We want Rivens to loosen up the meta, not make it even more stringent.

A Handful Of Players: surprised_pikachu.jpg

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I spent 315K Kuva this weekend rolling my Imperator riven and didn't get the stats I wanted. I ran out of Kuva and Vitus essence to buy Kuva in the process.

Still I am fine with that, because I know what I was getting into. And so should you, because you are explicitly warned about the conditions for using and rolling Rivens.

You are a man of culture and wisdom rolling on an Imperator riven.   All the kuva in the world is fair game for this weapon.  :)

7 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

You are a man of culture and wisdom rolling on an Imperator riven.   All the kuva in the world is fair game for this weapon.  🙂

I actually tend to only roll for weapons I personally like irrespective of stats, and don't chase meta builds. My Rubico Prime doesn't even have a Riven for example because to me, it feels strong enough as is. On the other hand, I spent a lot of Kuva in a (Telos) Boltor and an Astilla Riven because I like those weapons.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I spent 315K Kuva this weekend rolling my Imperator riven and didn't get the stats I wanted. I ran out of Kuva and Vitus essence to buy Kuva in the process.

Still I am fine with that, because I know what I was getting into. And so should you, because you are explicitly warned about the conditions for using and rolling Rivens.

What stats are you searching for?

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

What stats are you searching for?

+43% Multishot was mandatory, then any combination between fire, electricity, base damage, crit damage, or crit chance as a secondary or third stat (No specific % distribution, just any of those bonuses). My Imperator Riven has now been rolled over 75 times and never get it.

Edited by Jarriaga

+43% Multishot was mandatory, then any combination between fire, electricity, base damage, crit damage, or crit chance as a secondary or third stat.

I have a crappy riven with +crit damage,+ damage, +electricity and -zoom with no multishot  sorry.

Edited by bibmobello

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

Btw it has low disposition, it's a waste of time...

I'm MR 27 and only missing the Zenith. I have mastered all 5 focus schools.

Rolling Rivens for weapons I personally like is the only thing left for me to do in this game.

• Like 1