Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

[DE]Danielle

11 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
    • Melee Guidance: Reduces Melee Combo timer on Self by 6 seconds, increases Melee Combo timer for Allies by 12 seconds*

I seem to recall reading that the combo system was going to be removed entirely. Does this mean that you've given up on the melee changes?

I am a bit late to the party, but this "fix":
"Fixed momentum carrying over when Bullet Jumping and immediately entering Void Mode after."
broke the operator momentum too. Now every time you enter void mode, the momentum is reset completely, even if there was no bulletjumping involved before that.

Before this patch you could do a 'moon-jump' by jumping with the operator and pressing crouch shortly after the jump started. This made the jump higher, thus providing a reliable way to get around obstacles and some different vertical mobility instead of launching yourself to orbit with a single (upgraded) void dash.
The other thing is that sometimes the first void dash attempt fails if the operator had any momentum since the patch.
The way the original issue was "fixed" did more bad things than good in my opinion.

so essentially we still have to wait the same amount of time before getting to C rotation, DE kinda only gave us half of what we wanted, sure we get rewards every 5 min, 5 waves etc now, but you just added the weaker rewards to fill out those spots.....still doesnt really make me wanna play arbitrations anyways.

i feel like you guys hold back a bit too much on these changes sometimes.

Still wont play it, its boring. The better use of arbitration would be that all missions on the star chart start from lvl 150 (mostly survival and def) so that we skip the awfully boring 1h grind before we get there. If you ask me arbitration was a waste of time and that time would have been better used to implement this and to fix the pvp part of the game, its boring as watching paint dry, no wonder no one plays it, a better use of more open maps would probably make the pvp part more playable and more attractive, hopefully this gets a bit of attention, because it needs to

12 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The following rewards have been added to the Arbitrations drop tables:

Arg.
Arcanes you need multiple of, so putting them in the drop table, sure.
But Auras are one-and-done, and should've been at Arbi's (read: Arbitration vendor), unless dead rewards was the aim.

Re: New Arbitration rewards, feedback inline.

• New Aura Mods:
    • Aerodynamic: 6 seconds added to Aim Glide/Wall Latch time, decreases damage taken while Airborne by 24%*
      • Happy Titanias and Hyldrins. Competes with CP, but Hyldrin at least has an armor solution in her kit.
    • Swift Momentum: 30% faster Charge Attack speed, 6 seconds added to  Melee Combo time*
      • Nice, but given that it competes with CP will be heavily niche as long as armor and/or Damage 2.0 modifiers remain unchanged.
    • Shepherd: Increases Companion Armor by 180 and Companion Health by 300*
      • Barring extreme outliers, pure stats don't work as a survival mechanism in level appropriate content. See Arcane Vanguard.
        Also, competes with Corrosive Projection/Growing Power. See above comment.
    • Combat Discipline: Allies gain 20 Health when they make a kill, but the aura bearer loses 10 Health when the bearer makes a kill.*
      • Interesting tradeoff.
        That said: Allies = Warframes? Or does this include companions/sentinels/Rescue Targets et al.?
        Because, assuming player-actors only, I'm not sure what the intended use case for this is - off the top of my head, the only self-only healing options are weapon mobs/innates (Hema, Life Strike, Hirudo, Winds of Purity) - and a Warframe Arcane slot is much more valuable than a mod slot (or potentially even a weapon slot), especially when considering how difficult this will be to obtain.
    • Melee Guidance: Reduces Melee Combo timer on Self by 6 seconds, increases Melee Combo timer for Allies by 12 seconds*
      • Interesting tradeoff.
        That said, see above re: armor, Corrosive Projection. Also, the state of melee vs. guns and nukes.
        We'll have to see what Melee 3.0 brings, I guess, but currently this is strictly a 'playing with friends' aura.
  • New Arcanes:
    • Arcane Primary Charger: On Melee Kill: 20% chance that Primary Weapon damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
    • Arcane Blade Charger:  On Primary Weapon Kill: 20% chance that Melee damage is increased by 200% for 8 seconds*
      • To incentive weapon swapping, I get it.
        Given that it's a post-arbi-preq reward, I don't see a use case for it, though; beyond (potentially) prebuffing vs. a boss with minions.
        So, might make Nash Prime happy, I guess?
    • Arcane Pistoleer: On Pistol Headshot Kill: 30% chance to gain 100% ammo efficiency for 4 seconds*
      • I like this in theory, but in practice:
        A) <1/3, on headshot kill, for 4 seconds seems excessively restrictive.
        B) Headshot detection/Hitbox is finicky against most enemies, particularly when they're not stationary.
        C) It costs a Warframe Arcane slot.
        D) Pax Charge, which doesn't, exists.
    • Arcane Bodyguard: On Six Melee Kills Within 30 seconds: Heal companion by 600*
      • A Warframe Arcane slot is a lot more costly than a companion slot, and Pack Leader exists.
        Also, see above note re: stats as a defensive mechanism. e.g. Moas, despite their ability to use the Link mods, are the squishiest companion-type precisely because stats are their only defense.
        Kavats are agile (and have Tek Assault/Reflect/Mischief), Kubrows also move around (when they're not trying to attack something -_-), and Sentinels move with the player.
        Moas... don't.
    • Arcane Tanker: On Heavy Weapon Summon: Gain 1200 armor for 16 seconds*
      • Assuming the purpose is the let the player survive deploying the Archgun, given how Damage 2.0 modifiers work, I'd much prefer actual %DR or invulnerability.
    • Added 3 x Vitus Essence bundle to the Arbitrations drop table.
      • Given that all the new rewards are in the drop tables rather than the shop... why?

---

Ghoul Purge inbox messages will no longer automatically open your inbox or play the transmissions if you have completed all of the Encrypted Journal Fragments. 

Huh. Nice filter choice.

Optimizations:

• Made micro-optimizations to core math libraries.

\o/

Fixed Mesa being unable to use abilities or melee when using the Venka after casting Peacemaker.

I'm glad to see this was hunted down.
That said, I don't own the vanilla Venka, and only use the Prime to ramp up Combo Counter for rivens, so given the context (in the link) I'm willing to swear to you that I wasn't using the Venka or Prime.

So something like:

10m A, 10m B, 10m C....

to

5A, 5A, 5B, 5B, 5C, 5C....

So you get more essence because rotations are faster...but you also increased essence prices by like 50% but we also get extra drops from shield drones, so thats good. But endo rewards got nerfed in two ways. Drop chance reduced by 10% on B, and 20% on C for regular endo. And you reduced the actual reward amount by 25% too. So double nerf on regular endo, dilute the pool, only statues are untouched endo wise. Whos fooling who here?

Could have at least made it so you can do arbitration twice per each arbitration event. This way when S#&amp;&#036; comes up and people have to leave, you can try again in that hour.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Fire2box:

Honestly, Conclave players never did it for the rewards they have plenty. It was for the PVP itself. 

Oh look... I can lie too. 

You can lie too ? - seems to me you cant or you didnt try hard enough . cause this is not a lie, this is actually the truth about the conclave as is the truth about Endo and a 6 year old playerbase. You have no clue what are you are talking about or what an overkill of accumulated resources are. We have millions of endo, a billion of credits and thousands of vaulted relics. I can feel the envy , but truth hurts so they say.

Adding extra loot to Arbitration is not a good idea. I still don't have my adaptation mod...Add it to the vitus store so I can spend my almost 100 vitus on something else. Also I would rather have some mods bought for high amount of vitus in a store, than having a minuscule chance of getting it. For example I still don't have the Gauss secondary weapon blueprint  and I ran so many of that infestation disruption mode it's getting...not fun.

I thought the rewards were supposed to be something better, the arcanes are mostly not even that good, just turns out that you added more salt to the reward tables when you could've added them to the vendor to trade for vitus essences instead like many of the players asked for. But oh well, keep on making the mode better...

15 hours ago, HavocNinja said:

Before this patch endo drop chances:

Rotation B: 48% for 1600 endo

Rotation 😄 47.5% for 2000 endo

After the patch:

Rotation B: 39.5% for 1200 endo

Rotation 😄 29.5% for 1500 endo

This is clearly an endo farming nerf even if you double the drop frequency

Actually, not if you do some basic math, I had the same worry when I first heard about the changes, but after they were released I quickly did the math and was relieved. The new Arcanes and Auras are all horrible trash, but the endo/minute is improved, though slightly, not dropped, we can spend Vitus on Kuva now and so this is an overall boon, though only slightly so mathematically, the "feel" of getting rewards more often makes it FEEL much better than it was IMO, even though it's only very slightly better. (Feel free to check my math, I may have missed something)

Treating statues as their endo value turned in at full stars because most people I know and myself do so, and using 5/10 minutes for reward intervals ala survival even though some game modes are slightly faster/slower.

Old Rotation A: Every 10 Minutes
Endo: 1300 @36.5% (474.5)
Ayr: 1425 @18% (256.5)
Sah: 1500 @18% (270)
Valana: 1575 @18% (283.5)
Expected Endo Per 10 Minutes: 1,285.5
Expected Endo Per Minute: 128.55

New Rotation A: Every 5 Minutes
Endo: 900 @40% (360)
Ayr: 1425 @9% (128.25)
Sah: 1500 @9% (135)
Valana: 1575 @9% (141.75)
Expected Endo Per 5 Minutes: 765
Expected Endo Per Minute: 153
A Rotation Difference: 24.25 More Endo Per Minute

Old Rotation B: Every 10 Minutes
Endo: 1600 @48% (768)
Piv: 1725 @20% (345)
Vaya: 1800 @20% (360)
Expected Endo Per 10 Minutes: 1473
Expected Endo Per Minute: 147.3

New Rotation B: Every 5 Minutes
Endo: 1200 @39.5% (474)
Piv: 1725 @12% (207)
Vaya: 1800 @12% (216)
Expected Endo Per 5 Minutes: 897
Expected Endo Per Minute: 179.4
B Rotation Difference: 32.1 More Endo Per Minute

Old Rotation C: Every 10 Minutes
Endo: 2000 @47.5% (950)
Orta: 2700 @29% (783)
Expected Endo Per 10 Minutes: 1,733
Expected Endo Minute: 173.3

New Rotation C: Every 5 Minutes
Endo: 1500 @29.5% (442.5)
Orta: 2700 @20% (540)
Expected Endo Per 5 Minutes: 982.5
Expected Endo Per Minute: 196.5
C Rotation Difference: 23.2 More Endo Per Minute

All this follows with increased amounts of mods, etc due to the faster rotations, all in all it's a net positive, though admittedly, a slight one.

17 часов назад, [DE]Danielle сказал:

Fixed Teralysts (and other Eidolons) taking more damage to weak points than they should be.

"Thank you" so f*cking much! Let's come back to bored trash chroma with rubico meta. Here we go again (c).

Some people here said above about lanka. Well, Im here to remind them that Lanka doesn't "extract" eidolon from the water. Now again only chroma and rubico. F you!

Also Im not sure eidolons became as they were. Sorry, never had a situation in which I cant one-shot a Terralyst's limb for 2 castanas. 

Actually, never wrote this before, but "Thanks, DE!" 

Archived