[DE]Danielle

Arbitrations Revisited: Hotfix 25.7.6

8 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

So, you are here basically saying "I dont have life and I find drop rates are good". To me, that seems like an argument in favour to @master_of_destiny.

Mediocre.

Edited by Danielw8

On 2019-09-23 at 5:35 PM, Jokie155 said:

Since the reddit community decided to be pack animals over a simple joke that I elaborated on and got bombed for, I'll come here to be harassed as well.

Arcanes are fine in the Arbitration rotations. Quite frankly I get the impression they'd be much more costly to acquire if put into the shop based on typical Vitus drop rates. Even if the cost ended up being just 10 essence per individual arcane for a total of 100 to get a max rank. And I am much happier seeing them in the reward screen over sculptures I can't do anything with for lack of amber stars, nor will have much use for because oh yeah, Arbitrations are meant to be endgame when endo is common place anyway.

I'm actually enjoying things for the first time, but there are still so many on this dumb hangup about the shop. It's far less toxic than what happens with Eidolon arcanes, should they just be stuck in a shop too? Oh wait...

You know what's the difference between the two tables for arcanes - that probably you can understand? Eidolons arcanes provide boosts and open possibility for builds - arbitrations arcanes are pointless (plain redundant, rushly designed, and just bloat the tables). You can do something with them? Sure (if you don't have anything else). But you have options that are better:

- Arcane Tanker: 1200 armor for 16secs (5min CD - tied to archguns that outside profit are underwhelmingly bad) vs. Arcane Guardian: 600 armor for 20sec on damaged. Like, you want 600 armor ALL the damn time or 1200 for 16secs every 5min? This mod is an insult...

- Arcane Rage/Fury: 120% dmg using the respective weapon type for 16secs vs. Arcane Primary/Blade Charger: 200% dmg for the other weapon for 8secs. If your build is melee, you need to use a primary for a low percentage for a bonus for your melee for a short amount of time... better use the old ones that are reliable, last longer and are tied to your weapon of choice right? Weapon switch, wall latch and other insignificant annoying "mechanics" are not fun at all - and they keep printing stuff with this (they always fail at day one).

- Arcane Bodyguard: heal companion... we have two mods for that (one primed) that works more reliable and don't take an arcane slot. And companions are not a DPS monster with lack of mod slots - even a full DPS Venari with a full DPS build start to do insignificant damage past lvl 50-70 depending on the faction, so, there is no shortage of slots. And companions can be revive, so... double redundant arcane this one...

Seeing a pattern here? We already have all this stuff, BUT BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE. And i'm not even discussing the auras... seeding step still there... a bloody 3 vitus essence to bloat even more the thing... thank god they didn't add a "Trick Mag" in the tables because sounds like they wanted. 

Nobody is talking trash about the redesigned endo and balance, because was a good change and made several modes "available" and, if you enjoy defense/survival like myself, now they are "rewarding" and not a timesync in the game. But, with all this trash in the tables, the endo sounds even more diluted and, you know... this makes the mode worse than it was before (and more time consuming). So, in the end there was no good changes but this "feeling" (something is different - yeah, for worst...).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Kwikwilyaqa said:

But, with all this trash in the tables, the endo sounds even more diluted and, you know... this makes the mode worse than it was before (and more time consuming).

Have spent several hours in survival, defense and interception arbitrations. The Vitus drops are inconsistent when they do drop, most of the time they're bugged and spawn anywhere randomly on the tileset. But the real issue is diluted reward pool, I think I'm at 37 orta statues now and 7-8 seeding steps in just a few days...
There's little else to even spend the vitus essence on from the vendor though. Missed opportunity on the design team's part but it seems they're going the route of surprise mechanics more often of late. 

They've found a way to time-gate a roulette wheel by using a slot machine instead of the ball, grind for something meaningful be damned.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Things in this topic have sure gone sour. I hope you who are strongly voicing your displeasure realize that being angry and upset about something in a video game is absurd.

The warframe community on the forums is quickly turning more and more toxic. 

• Haha 2

Il y a 1 heure, Leqesai a dit :
Citation

I hope you who are strongly voicing your displeasure realize that being angry and upset about something in a video game is absurd.

Not if it is positive criticism. Being upset about something in a videogame means you actually care about that videogame, which is a good thing, feeling emotions for anything is a good thing, it means you are passionate about it. And passionate people are the ones every developper should mostly listen when they ask anything to their community or recieve criticism.

• Upvote 5

Il y a 5 heures, Morthal a dit :

Have spent several hours in survival, defense and interception arbitrations. The Vitus drops are inconsistent when they do drop, most of the time they're bugged and spawn anywhere randomly on the tileset. But the real issue is diluted reward pool, I think I'm at 37 orta statues now and 7-8 seeding steps in just a few days...
There's little else to even spend the vitus essence on from the vendor though. Missed opportunity on the design team's part but it seems they're going the route of surprise mechanics more often of late. 

They've found a way to time-gate a roulette wheel by using a slot machine instead of the ball, grind for something meaningful be damned.

Defense are still awfully balanced and bugged. Not enough enemies, mobs get stuck all around the place, VIP is dumb as hell and folllowing anyone. You can't find much vitus either since there are not many drones to kill. Tedious, boring and the worst part, if you can't heal the VIP you're screwed as if having to bring a catchmoon to destroy this drunken drones wasn't enough we also need specific frames or Vazarin... Tbh i don't run defense mission anymore.

Interception has more enemies, way more drones for some weird reasons so Vitus drops like candies there. Problem is that they didn't fix this missions issues before they implement arbitrations. Spawn and AI is terrible in interceptions, as long as you own every spot enemies are only coming to one or two points. So we're also stuck with players who don't know a thing about patience and basically can't defend cause they're bored as hell if not in a hotspot.

Survival are fine, tons of enemies but as opposed as interception way less vitus. At least survival is only about not getting killed, which is the dumbest gameplay ever but if one is having fun in using his sword more than his brain that's fine. I still don't get why there are so many drones in interception since we're killing way more things in survival, perhaps there are less drones... Not much incentive to play anything but solo cause players fighting in different tilesets may mess with enemies spawn.

I couldn't say if it's a bug or anything, but interceptions give way more vitus than every other missions.

I think I overreacted to these changes a bit, probably like many others in this thread.  It's not perfect, but overall many positive things.  I'm not sure I'd want to have all the arcanes off the drop table and in the store because they'd prob cost 100k rep.  Now I can use my vitus for kuva, and it makes some modes like defense a lot more viable.  I'm sure we haven't fully evaluated all the uses of the arcanes/auras they put out, but there are some good ones and some bad ones.  I had a friend tell me how he used the -combo duration aura for a guy who was cracking limbs w redeemer prime(he has 1000+ hydro caps).  I'm sure the archgun armor thing gives iron skin a huge boost.  I do see how arcane rage/fury would be more preferred over those two they added which involves using primary for melee boost and vice versa.  I'm sure it will get better over time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bioboygamer said:

There's allegedly a hotfix coming today.

Yep. i already notice that thread about Nughtwave s02e05 and Tennogen round 17