Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Options to change Ordis personality, new phrases

MajorKhaos

there's one problem:
Ordis already have an backstory, so you can't simply change him at will

but if you want to know about Ordis, Octavia's Anthem quest (which mentions about his past), The New Strange quest (which tells about his actual condition as Cephalon) and scannable Cephalon Fragments (blue ones that appears on normal missions, it has hidden messages on them that contains all of his backstory) contains his lore

22 hours ago, Zeyez said:

there's one problem:

Giving him some fresh, sassy lines wouldn't be changing him! I wouldn't want him -covered in blood- changed, anyway! Hell, I'd like an option to have Ordis as my handler while in missions for every mission instead of that damn dirty space mom who I'm ready to shank.

some new joke phrases or unique lines can be done, but the main problem, when i started by answer previously, was because of that:

On 2019-09-18 at 8:01 PM, MajorKhaos said:

...Can we get some new sayings or possibly have an option ""to change ordis’ personality. ""...

Hi

I was thinking about how many people go on saying they mute ordis. Now the idea for the change.

Maybe a quest in the future to fix ordis small glitches. Speech problems. And fix a gap or 2 in his Memory.

Then I'm sure ED could come up with a Quest, but a long quest to THEN adjust Ordis a little. Maybe Mix and Match a bit to really personalize the players experience... A lot of people go on about some Ordis issue. Sure he can change like his operator has over time! 

On 2019-09-19 at 11:50 AM, Zeyez said:

Except we've already changed him in the Sacrifice, but he somehow reverted back to Claptrap 2.0 mode with absolutely no acknowledgement or explanation of it ever happening.

7 hours ago, Eklectus said:

Except we've already changed him in the Sacrifice, but he somehow reverted back to Claptrap 2.0 mode with absolutely no acknowledgement or explanation of it ever happening.

Ordis temporary change on Sacrifice quest was done because of story progression, explained that the process to decode the Vitruvian did damaged/disabled his precepts, but if you want an explanation about how he could have fixed himself, Simaris did helped Ordis at "the New Strange" to fix his decaying routines, so he could simply make an backup from that moment, just like Operational System backup
but your initial suggestion relies on change him based on player's will

don't you think that is better to call another, more flexible, cephalon to change its precepts?
but considering about how cephalons are made... i won't feel good to toy with one myself just for that, since every cephalon, with exception, maybe, from conclave ones, are created to follow an main directive (Ordis: take care of operator and ship, Suda: gather data from stuff of her interest, Simaris: make an santuary of living creatures...)

maybe an little visit from conclave cephalons could do good for some random phrases, like those ones:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Cephalon_Vull 
"Vull saw many terrible scenes of anguish. What a time to be self aware!"
"You didn't even try negotiation! Vull approves."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Cephalon_Apnar
"Yes! Now apply: Acceleration!"
"Cephalon Apnar should not be having fun, BUT IS!"

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just needs the right words... and the left ones too

10 hours ago, Zeyez said:

Ordis temporary change on Sacrifice quest was done because of story progression, explained that the process to decode the Vitruvian did damaged/disabled his precepts, but if you want an explanation about how he could have fixed himself, Simaris did helped Ordis at "the New Strange" to fix his decaying routines, so he could simply make an backup from that moment, just like Operational System backup
but your initial suggestion relies on change him based on player's will

don't you think that is better to call another, more flexible, cephalon to change its precepts?
but considering about how cephalons are made... i won't feel good to toy with one myself just for that, since every cephalon, with exception, maybe, from conclave ones, are created to follow an main directive (Ordis: take care of operator and ship, Suda: gather data from stuff of her interest, Simaris: make an santuary of living creatures...)

Yeah, my qualm is that the story doesn't acknowledge this change with anything other than a single line from the Operator when that change occurs. Not a single mention later. No "Oh hey, the old Ordis is back" or "I seem to have blacked-out, Operator, have I missed anything?" What it does show is that that the personalities *can* be changed. Even if it's the equivalent of a factory reset, it's still better than the "Oh-so-quirky" personalities in place right now being totally locked in place.

Also, you have no qualms about working for your enemies but draw the line at manipulating the digital imprint of a long-dead, and arguably unbearable, personality?

8 hours ago, Eklectus said:

Yeah, my qualm is that the story doesn't acknowledge this change with anything other than a single line from the Operator when that change occurs. Not a single mention later. No "Oh hey, the old Ordis is back" or "I seem to have blacked-out, Operator, have I missed anything?" What it does show is that that the personalities *can* be changed. Even if it's the equivalent of a factory reset, it's still better than the "Oh-so-quirky" personalities in place right now being totally locked in place.

Also, you have no qualms about working for your enemies but draw the line at manipulating the digital imprint of a long-dead, and arguably unbearable, personality?

do we have arch enemies that we shouldn't work with them at some point? until now, the only ones at that category are the Orokin leaders, since, ignoring Teshin, they never shown any sort of behavior that could make us doubt if they are really trying to help the player or any faction... beyond themselves
if looks around, even sentients in the New War can be convinced to ally with us if, per example, agree to attack the leftovers from orokin leaders or... maybe looking at sentinel's lore from Cephalon's fragment, we could deduct that they are related to the sentients, but still help us
but... if we have an possibility to fight Natah, ally with Natah or bring back the Lotus... i probably will ignore the last option, since i/we didn't knew that her helmet did had some sort of brainwashing mechanism

about "manipulating digital Imprint of long-dead personality"... its more on personal level, so i shouldn't even being here arguing being favorable or not for the topic's suggestion
but on my perspective, i can't say, per example

that Ordis is Ordan Karris

or Lotus is Natah and consider their previous actions/behaviors as one that they could inherit from their old selves... but every time we change someone at that level, it becomes an new being, with different behavior, different memory, which will act differently from their former self at some point

this is why, per example, shouldn't apply the same punishment to the son/daughter of that criminal or think that the same penalty will do any justice to "crazy people", considering that their past can't even be used to judge them anymore

based on that, i brought the idea of bringing other cephalons, for an moment, to deliver those lines, since there's the Cephalon weave (mentioned in Octavia's Anthem quest), which could allow Ordis to call others, less busy, Cephalons to deliver their own jokes