Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeches on Orb Vallis

Worsin

This is getting out of hand!

I have done 10 bounties today (highest tier) and 8 of them had at least 1 person leeching.

You confront them and they cuss you out for doing so.  They spout that they cannot do damage to the enemies because they are only MR5.

No im not going to form a group by recruiting because you can never find people to join this way
No im not going to do friends invite because i dont have enough friends that do these
No im not going to do them solo, i like multiplayer

The only reliable way to get a group is through the auto matching system and right now it matches you up with MR5 Leeches all day long.

This needs to be fixed.  Add a kick option or something because it causes the group to have higher amounts of spawns raising the difficulty while 1 or 2 people are doing absolutely nothing.

Its to the point where im actually surprised when i get a group thats all participating.  Not sure what happened recently to cause this but its gotten way too frequent lately.

• Like 3

I hate to be that guy... but unless you have trouble with these bounties, you're so much better off doing them solo.

EDIT: Oh right

7 minutes ago, Worsin said:

Well, leeches are just unfortunate side effects of random pugs.

Edited by nslay

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

I hate to be that guy... but unless you have trouble with these bounties, you're so much better off doing them solo.

EDIT: Oh right

Well, leeches are just unfortunate side effects of random pugs.

There are ways to fix the problem or at least curtail it though.  Many games have solutions to this that can be used.

Just now, Worsin said:

Asked them why they are leeching

Well, there's your problem. You quickly ask them why they are leeching instead of asking nicely why they're not going with you. If you approach me like that I would also respond negatively like that MR 5

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Worsin said:

i like multiplayer

... you can't have the "good" without the bad.... and trust me, in a field of bad, worse and worst... Finding one good is like...

... Well, like singleplayer. See the irony?

Edit: Also, that MR5 dude was taking advantage of his MR to justify his lazyness while backing it up with "can't deal enough damage" and he got busted. Anyone is useful, one way or another... If not for dealing damage, then to attract fire.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Worsin said:

Asked them why they are leeching

So you began a conversation with negativity and are suprised to see negative in return. 

Maybe you should accept that these people aren't leeches, they came to the vallis for there own reasons, just because their reasons don't align them yours doesn't make them the enemy.

Hell, if I wanted to I could spin these to make you the bad guy here. "how dare you go into a public lobby and start a bounty if not everyone wants to do it, your bounty is raising the enemy levels making things harder for everyone else" 

• Like 1

Just letting you know right now OP that you're gonna get a lot of people telling you you're in the wrong, that's just how the community behaves when you bring up the leechers issue nowadays. I hope you know that there's a big amount of players who agree with you and we're all tired of leechers ruining this game for everyone, ESPECIALLY in regards to open world bounties and such.

Before they're posted I'm gonna go ahead and shoot down the obvious defenses that leech-apologists are gonna drop on this thread

1) OP should not be forced to use recruiting chat to find a group, that's why public matchmaking exists

2) Yes, joining a bounty means that you SHOULD participate in said bounty. By joining any mission you are implicitly agreeing to participate in it along with the other players. Not participating in bounty (or any mission for that matter) is forcing other players to take on added burdens under the false pretense and assumption that you'll help.

3) If you're joining a bounty just to fish and you think other players shouldn't bother you because you happen to be the host and "it's my instance and they entered, so why should I bother helping them with a bounty" then don't go into public matchmaking and ruin the game for everyone else.

EDIT: 4) No, OP didn't incite hostility by asking "why are you leeching". That question isn't an insult nor did OP kill the guy's dog, there is no reason to cuss at him for asking such a simple, and lets be honest, well deserved question.

EDIT 2: 5) No, the leecher being a low MR does not excuse leeching. Not only is MR a non-indicator of playtime or skill (see: a 2000 hour veteran on an alt-account or someone who doesn't bother with MR fodder and stays at low MR), even with a low MR players will still engage with the objective and as was said further on the thread even the most support and unskilled player will end up with 2% damage and a few kills. As a side-not: No, I don't mind about having to constantly revive low MR players as long as they actually engage in the objective, I'd rather do that than deal with leechers and I will always revive them regardless of how many times they go down.

You did absolutely nothing wrong, OP and if I were you I'd have reported them on the spot. Don't ever let anyone here tell you otherwise. Have a fantastic time.

Cheers

Edited by Gullim92
Added #4 & 5 to post

Maybe not a Kick function, but I definitely would enjoy a squad creation system where, assuming I was the host, could specify the warframes and MR of the people who would join my squad. It would probably solve a lot of issues like this (and generate another ton).

Either way this topic is NOT on Feedback, it's in General and so it will never be seen by a dev. I could bet 1000 plat that a Kivk function won't come any time soon though, if ever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gullim92 said:

Just letting you know right now OP that you're gonna get a lot of people telling you you're in the wrong, that's just how the community behaves when you bring up the leechers issue nowadays. I hope you know that there's a big amount of players who agree with you and we're all tired of leechers ruining this game for everyone, ESPECIALLY in regards to open world bounties and such.

Before they're posted I'm gonna go ahead and shoot down the obvious defenses that leech-apologists are gonna drop on this thread

1) OP should not be forced to use recruiting chat to find a group, that's why public matchmaking exists

2) Yes, joining a bounty means that you SHOULD participate in said bounty. By joining any mission you are implicitly agreeing to participate in it along with the other players. Not participating in bounty (or any mission for that matter) is forcing other players to take on added burdens under the false pretense and assumption that you'll help.

3) If you're joining a bounty just to fish and you think other players shouldn't bother you because you happen to be the host and "it's my instance and they entered, so why should I bother helping them with a bounty" then don't go into public matchmaking and ruin the game for everyone else.

You did absolutely nothing wrong, OP and if I were you I'd have reported them on the spot. Don't ever let anyone here tell you otherwise. Have a fantastic time.

Cheers

TY, i was starting to feel like people were defending these leechers.

20 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Even thought that wasn't the intention of my reply... But you probably picked that off from it, right?

Sort of.  I do not see how asking someone why they are leeching makes me the bad guy.  They know what they are doing is wrong, they just don't care.  No matter how you confront them, they will not like it because they are being called out for their behavior.

At my age i'm not a confrontational person, however, I also wont stand by and allow someone to act as if they are entitled to my efforts because they have consciously chose to use leech off of my group.

Understand that this is not me loading into Orb Vallis with no mission expecting the people inside to do bounties.  This is me selecting a bounty inside Fortuna and THEN loading into Orb and ending up with multiple people doing nothing while at the same time causing the bounty to have a higher difficulty. 

This breaks the way these bounties are intended to scale for players.  Its also something that can be fixed, and maybe they would if they did not have so many people brushing it off acting as if this is acceptable behavior defending them.

1 hour ago, Worsin said:

This is getting out of hand!

I have done 10 bounties today (highest tier) and 8 of them had at least 1 person leeching.

You confront them and they cuss you out for doing so.  They spout that they cannot do damage to the enemies because they are only MR5.

No im not going to form a group by recruiting because you can never find people to join this way
No im not going to do friends invite because i dont have enough friends that do these

The only reliable way to get a group is through the auto matching system and right now it matches you up with MR5 Leeches all day long.

This needs to be fixed.  Add a kick option or something because it causes the group to have higher amounts of spawns raising the difficulty while 1 or 2 people are doing absolutely nothing.

Its to the point where im actually surprised when i get a group thats all participating.  Not sure what happened recently to cause this but its gotten way too frequent lately.

“They are only MR5.” 

So you know they are only MR5. What do you expect them to do? killing enemies as fast as you or do most work when you take your breaks in Vallis? 

I am MR27 and with all the top gears/loadouts/Rivens, so whenever I go into a public mission, I do most damage. And itsbfine for me to carry even the whole team in these missions except the toughest ones that require coordinated teamwork such as Eudolon hunt. 

You should be very very thankful that there are many new players joining the same squad and it is the veterans responsibility to help them out or give them advise, not kicking them out!

If you have such mentality to try to kick new players out of the game, you should be kicked out first. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Worsin said:

Sort of.  I do not see how asking someone why they are leeching makes me the bad guy.  They know what they are doing is wrong, they just don't care.  No matter how you confront them, they will not like it because they are being called out for their behavior.

At my age i'm not a confrontational person, however, I also wont stand by and allow someone to act as if they are entitled to my efforts because they have consciously chose to use leech off of my group.

Understand that this is not me loading into Orb Vallis with no mission expecting the people inside to do bounties.  This is me selecting a bounty inside Fortuna and THEN loading into Orb and ending up with multiple people doing nothing while at the same time causing the bounty to have a higher difficulty. 

This breaks the way these bounties are intended to scale for players.  Its also something that can be fixed, and maybe they would if they did not have so many people brushing it off acting as if this is acceptable behavior defending them.

Firstly OP, did you go with bounty tier 5 when you enter the orb vallis? If yes, then those people who you consider as leechers are in the wrong side

Second, that still doesn't justify your attitude towards those people because your negativity will only spark more negativity like thinking those who are on different view from you are defending the leechers

Yeh it sucks but ranting about it in General Discussion isn't gonna help your cause. Nor is it likely to be added to the game cos it could very easily be exploited in a toxic manner. So currently your options are to play solo or since you enjoy multiplayer, I suggest either joining a clan or making your own. Then you can play with clan mates who aren't gonna be afk.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Gullim92 said:

EDIT: 4) No, OP didn't incite hostility by asking "why are you leeching". That question isn't an insult nor did OP kill the guy's dog, there is no reason to cuss at him for asking such a simple, and lets be honest, well deserved question.

Cheers

Ty for saving us all time typing this. 

There's a huge difference between bei g a newbie and a leecher which people just don't seem to get

Right now the only solution this game allows is to report them for leeching. I'm not sure if this does any good though, if these people are low MR, maybe they just don't know what they're doing. They are probably just kids, that's why they lash out when being accused of leaching. I'm not saying they should be allowed to leech because of these factors, but getting them banned does not do any good either. We need a better system dealing with these people, and also some tutorial explaining the "ethics" of doing bounties together with others. And your thread really should be in Feedback!

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I'm still always shocked by how many people defend leechers.

It is bizarre isn't it?  OP asked a straight question and only a child would be offended and respond with insults.  Is that what the lot of leech defenders are?  Children?

OP larger game updates bring people back to the game for better or for worse.  I noticed an uptick in these types of behaviors today after the update.

Edited by Johnny5five

Orb Vallis is "open world"

which implies that unlike the traditional starchart nodes; there is no set objective when you go in there

you can fish or mine or K-Drive race, or conservation, or whatever

DE needs to fix the matchmaking so that people who activate Bounties from the NPCs at the bases; don't interfere with the other people who were doing the Open Activities.

Currently the only way to avoid getting pulled into a bounty is to 'leave squad'; which will lead to a host migration that totally disrupts your fish/conservation spawns and has a high risk of losing all progress if it Fails Migration.

Objective Splitting needs to be dynamic and seamless.... See Destiny's Open Worlds for how this is done right.

Now, if OP activated the Bounty from Eudico herself before getting on the elevator; that might be a different situation. I do believe in that specific case matchmaking attempts to Only find other people who talked to Eudico as well...

Still, I think it might have some dumb cases; like I might do a bounty initially, then go fishing after, yet people still matchmake in.... unclear how smart the system is for that

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

DE needs to fix the matchmaking so that people who activate Bounties from the NPCs at the bases; don't interfere with the other people who were doing the Open Activities.

The answer is not to activate bounties at bases, but load back in Fortuna. Yeah, more waiting time, but worth it. If I understood right, OP activated the bounties with the leechers in Fortuna.