Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worsin

Leeches on Orb Vallis

14 hours ago, Worsin said:

I do not see how asking someone why they are leeching makes me the bad guy

It doesn’t.

And the ones trying to make it seem like you are tend to be the same people who get butthurt and over emotional when something is said to them they don’t like. 

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

It doesn’t.

And the ones trying to make it seem like you are tend to be the same people who get butthurt and over emotional when something is said to them they don’t like. 

I don't think you would react well if someone asked you "why you're being useless" right from the start

16 hours ago, Worsin said:

This is getting out of hand!

I have done 10 bounties today (highest tier) and 8 of them had at least 1 person leeching.

You confront them and they cuss you out for doing so.  They spout that they cannot do damage to the enemies because they are only MR5.

No im not going to form a group by recruiting because you can never find people to join this way
No im not going to do friends invite because i dont have enough friends that do these
No im not going to do them solo, i like multiplayer

The only reliable way to get a group is through the auto matching system and right now it matches you up with MR5 Leeches all day long.

This needs to be fixed.  Add a kick option or something because it causes the group to have higher amounts of spawns raising the difficulty while 1 or 2 people are doing absolutely nothing.

Its to the point where im actually surprised when i get a group thats all participating.  Not sure what happened recently to cause this but its gotten way too frequent lately.

Wait,  you only had 1 leech? Can we switch? I carry 3 people every mission/bounty/arb/sortie.  Most time they don't even know where to go. How dare they try to learn the game on my time? ? They need to be paired with other people who don't know what to do. I enjoy playing with other people when they are adults and play how I want them to play and not children. This is not a kid game. I shouldn't have to get better because the other players need to do 25% of everything just like me.  They need to stay in the area and die so many times I'm still playing without them.  At least now they don't rewards since they don't get experience from being far away. 

DE need to remove leechers to make this game more friendly to us players who actually like playing with other people playing the same way. 

😚

It's simple, just do bounties solo! That's the best way to keep leeches away in bounties, not to mention doing pub bounties increases enemy spawns + chance to fail the spy objective bonus. The bounties take the same time or less when solo than with a squad, just use a good frame for them! Plains of eidolon are even easier when solo. There are gonna be leeches in any mission type you pub, can't avoid that chance.

As an idea maybe add leaching as a separate reportable thing that you can do and if it happens enough times the account or player gets put under surveillance and if the behaviour continues they get placed in a sub set of the community that is made of just bleachers. Like with some online games and cheaters. No friends no ricuting just public play with other teachers. Another option is to have the profile and quick profile receive a mark it after investigation the reported behavior is substantiated. 

I however would prefer if once marked or found to be leaching and voted on buy the majority of the squad; the offender receives friendly fire from weapons and abilities. Sure you can leach if you can survive. I feel this adds some fairness to the others for having to put up with it. (I'm kinda aggressive on this as leaching kinda boils the blood)

well those low MR are in need of everything 😄 we all did at that point. so how to deal with them? you can always go quit squad so you will keep rewards. also consider this, if he keep go in danger zone he will die often. that mean you will keep revive him most of time, like 90% revive 10% actual game play.  instead of kick option you suggested, lets say set MR limit would be more suitable. for instance you set mr14+ limit and 14-15 or higher will be able to join. to kick someone from squad will bring toxity inside of game. imagine that someone kick you out of sqad at very last secound of tridolon hunt, sortie or farm or any mission importat to you. ppl would do that for troll and  their amusement, if you add vote kick option it will not be effective. 

5 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

ppl would do that for troll and  their amusement, if you add vote kick option it will not be effective. 

Even an auto-kick would help in this case. If people are too far from the mission site, it should be a kick after x time. 0 damage 0 kills after a certain time could be a kick too. Even the most support builds get 3-4% damage done in.

7 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

well those low MR are in need of everything 😄 we all did at that point. so how to deal with them? you can always go quit squad so you will keep rewards. also consider this, if he keep go in danger zone he will die often. that mean you will keep revive him most of time, like 90% revive 10% actual game play. 

If I get the situation right, the problem is not that the low MR player couldn't help out because he was weak, but that he did not want to help out. 

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Even an auto-kick would help in this case. If people are too far from the mission site, it should be a kick after x time. 0 damage 0 kills after a certain time could be a kick too. Even the most support builds get 3-4% damage done in.

if host is bad so you cant play? or you have very bad internet? so you get stuck behind door?  auto kick is bad idea in my opinion or any kick. set mr limiter and you can be done with it. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

If I get the situation right, the problem is not that the low MR player couldn't help out because he was weak, but that he did not want to help out. 

Its always 1 or the other. They are either too low MR or they just leech when they full well could help.  Both are annoying.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

if he is weak and cant infict or do anything than it not matter at all. if he is able to do something and contribute but not willing that is another story. those low mr does not have any decent weapon until mr8, nor mods or knowledge to mod them correctly. what frame they have, which build, weapon? do they have maxed mods or paptoes on their build, guess not.  so cant blame them for not be able to help out, and kind gratefull that they dont die all times around so they disturb my game. also you can leave them be either die and not get rewards or they quit squad, if you wish so

I've never done a bounty on the plains or orb vallis with pugs because there will always be leeches.  I just do the bounties solo, and let people leech off of other people like the OP.  OP is an enabler!  Don't let them leech! fail the bounty!  Go to where the leech is fishing and shoot your catchmoon at his face until he rage quits! Fight back OP

18 hours ago, nslay said:

I hate to be that guy... but unless you have trouble with these bounties, you're so much better off doing them solo.

EDIT: Oh right

Well, leeches are just unfortunate side effects of random pugs.

Leeches are a side effect of a perceived lack of punishment, which comes from the fact you can't report them in-game. People have to go out of their way to log-in to the site, go through multiple pages, and fill out a ticket and submit it the ticket in order to report people who leech. Most people won't bother doing this, especially if there's people who think support sucks, or that reports done that way would just be ignored. Any game with no in-game report functions suffer from various forms of poor behavior to a higher degree.

7 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

I've never done a bounty on the plains or orb vallis with pugs because there will always be leeches.  I just do the bounties solo, and let people leech off of other people like the OP.  OP is an enabler!  Don't let them leech! fail the bounty!  Go to where the leech is fishing and shoot your catchmoon at his face until he rage quits! Fight back OP

you can always finish and quit squad or quit squad from start. you will keep reward and resources gathered. mr limiter sound like batter solution than what you suggested moment ago. but i do understood leech issue. i am against leech but also for help them if they ask (to refference of low MR). only tridolons is out of question, there i do preffer more xp ppl. 

5 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

you can always finish and quit squad or quit squad from start. you will keep reward and resources gathered. mr limiter sound like batter solution than what you suggested moment ago. but i do understood leech issue. i am against leech but also for help them if they ask (to refference of low MR). only tridolons is out of question, there i do preffer more xp ppl. 

Nah. You have to think this through all the way, sir.  The problem is not MR; it's the players.  The MR is just an excuse.  If it were not MR, they would say something else or just say nothing.  Leeches are leeches no matter what their MR is.  So what's the difference?  You get an MR 20 leech.  Great!

The problem here is not with game mechanics or matchmaking.  We don't need to kick players.  Form a group from recruiting, or quit the mission and ignore the player that leech.  Report the player when it's appropriate.  Make friends, join a clan.  The ball is in your court.  This discussion has been brought up over and over again and it's pointless.

17 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

those low mr does not have any decent weapon until mr8

Even if with decent frames and weps but no decent brain towards objective...

42 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

Nah. You have to think this through all the way, sir.  The problem is not MR; it's the players.  The MR is just an excuse.  If it were not MR, they would say something else or just say nothing.  Leeches are leeches no matter what their MR is.  So what's the difference?  You get an MR 20 leech.  Great!

as stated if low mr is leech, either by intention or incapability it is same, no difference there. if they can do something to contribute but not willing that is different thing.  so yes MR and MR restrictment until L14 i think it is atm, is a problem and not excuse for early game, batter say MR 0 to MR 8 until MR 14. other than this you could say you have a point, but that is only in extreme cases and not aplicable to majority of described category. 

14 hours ago, FerockQuartz said:

Even if with decent frames and weps but no decent brain towards objective...

what objective? marker are messed up totaly.. eaven i do get lost on lua or uranus from time to time. 

15 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

The problem here is not with game mechanics or matchmaking.  We don't need to kick players.  Form a group from recruiting, or quit the mission and ignore the player that leech.  Report the player when it's appropriate.  Make friends, join a clan.  The ball is in your court.  This discussion has been brought up over and over again and it's pointless.

for them it is exactly opposite, for them mechanics or matchmaking is problem. lets separate those who dont own most of needed mods and frames, weapons for mission from those who can actually do something about it but unwiliing. most of rant is exactly of those low mr. they are often unable to do recruiting and often got ignored followed by toxicity of their senior players. except MR limiter which i do suggest can 'possibly fix' issue of low mr leech i dont see any decent solution suggested to solve problem at hand which bother players.

8 minutes ago, -HoB-AngelofRevenge said:

what objective? marker are fck up totaly.. eaven i do get lost on lua or uranus from time to time. 

What use would an MR do for those who lack knowledge of the gameplay their leeching upon? Even if they're paired up w/ decent weapon/frame I'd say they're hopelessly still be relying on the host performance - those are the type of leech I'm talking about.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

I don't think you would react well if someone asked you "why you're being useless" right from the start

Project much?

This might come as a surprise to you but not every one pisses and moans when they get called out on something. 

“Why you’re being useless”  Lmao. 

Wait for it...

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Project much?

This might come as a surprise to you but not every one pisses and moans when they get called out on something. 

“Why you’re being useless”  Lmao. 

Wait for it...

And not everyone accept that when being called out on something, it's not like you can't ask why they're not joining you instead of asking why they're "leeching"

1 minute ago, FerockQuartz said:

What use would an MR do for those who lack knowledge of the gameplay their leeching upon? Even if they're paired up w/ decent weapon/frame I'd say they're hopelessly still be relying on the host performance - those are the type of leech I'm talking about.

everything  depend on early start and if you have someone to help you about game. he can be gifted with frame and wepon and solid riven but you still not able to do contributing to team, duo never know what to do in first place. if there is someone to guide you about understanding the game it will be lot easyer and more contributing in general regarding MR. most of ppl does not have this friend or friendly clan to support them. so no wonder why they leech and not know **** 

all in all you need 2 ppl at extract and 1 min for finish mission.