Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeches on Orb Vallis

Worsin

44 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Leeches are a side effect of a perceived lack of punishment, which comes from the fact you can't report them in-game. People have to go out of their way to log-in to the site, go through multiple pages, and fill out a ticket and submit it the ticket in order to report people who leech. Most people won't bother doing this, especially if there's people who think support sucks, or that reports done that way would just be ignored. Any game with no in-game report functions suffer from various forms of poor behavior to a higher degree.

Even if you could report them more conveniently, it's still subjective to determine if they are actually leeching. The bar for proving they are leeches is probably very high now... something like a video is probably necessary to definitively demonstrate leeching behavior.

Most people won't bother to make a video. That's for sure... though I suppose it's possible to aggregate unproven reports of leeching to determine if someone is probably a leech?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

Nah. You have to think this through all the way, sir.  The problem is not MR; it's the players.  The MR is just an excuse.  If it were not MR, they would say something else or just say nothing.  Leeches are leeches no matter what their MR is.  So what's the difference?  You get an MR 20 leech.  Great!

The problem here is not with game mechanics or matchmaking.  We don't need to kick players.  Form a group from recruiting, or quit the mission and ignore the player that leech.  Report the player when it's appropriate.  Make friends, join a clan.  The ball is in your court.  This discussion has been brought up over and over again and it's pointless.

Yup.  Im mr 26. I mean i don't leech, I just allow the try hards to try hard. If I nuke the mission, everyone mad. Me doing 85% damage and the objective myself makes everyone else look like leeches. Otherwise,  there's nothing for me to do but wait for the slow pokes. I may as well be fishing or mining or sealing fissures. You grind and trade to have great builds. But I can't play at my level cause I'll blow through the bounty with ease. 

Either I'm blamed for destroying others playing experience or leeching. I mean they joined me, I'm hosting. I have to modify my play style to suit each players desires? I have to ask players what they want from me everytime I start a match? There's nothing DE can do to "moderate" how a person chooses to play. 

You right, it pointless lol

• Like 1