Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Werewolf pack leader Kamios/Okamia.

Spyro_Haze

Hello, i have been bored and came with interesting (at least for me :P) concept. I have noticed that a lot of frames are based on cool archetypes (gunslinger Mesa, fairy Titania ect.) but there is no wolf-like theme yet. It shouldn't be a big issue since we have Wukong right? Okami is japanese word for wolf so the name could be Okamia for female frame or Kamios for male frame. Visually i just ask for some kind of tail and something resembling ears. If female version is a go too some kind of "skirt" would be nice aswell, I really don't like designs like Nova or Mag (visually).

While thinking about abilities for Wolf i had couple of things in mind: to make it feel like a pack leader, to adress aspects of the game not adressed yet, to not make it overpowered and to stick to the theme. In the fanfiction i am currently reading most werewolves are brutal, high on endurance and operate in coordinated packs/tribes. So here they go:

Tireless (trait): When in a fight you regenerate 1 hp every 2/1,5/1/0,5 seconds. When crouching while not moving and not beeing in a fight you regenerate 1 energy every second. You are considered to be in a fight when: you deal damage to (proc dmg doesn't count) or receive damage from enemy within affinity radius. Also an enemy within 10m who has line of sight of you and is actively targeting you triggers it. This status fades after 2 seconds unless refreshed.

Pounce (25 energy): Quickly jump on target within 19/21/23/25m, deal 50/100/150/200 impact damage with 100% proc chance in 3-6m radius area based on the distance jumped. Main target also takes 2/3/4/5% of his max hp as impact damage and is pinned to the ground (capture target bleeding animation) for 8/9/10/11s. Enemies on the way to main target also receive impact proc. Pounce would be very fast and could be cast while on the ground without beeing above the target. During travel from initial point to the target you are immune. You can continue with other actions after 0,5s of pinning the target (it will still be immobilized, but taking damage makes stun time fade twice as fast). Maybe holding the ability button and releasing it without a target could just act as longer, faster bullet jump?

Tracker (50 energy): After 1 second cast time (similiar animation to Mesa's idle animation) gain a buff that lets you see units through walls within 25/30/35/40m for 25/30/35/40s. If there is no vision obstruction you will just see slight outlines, if there is wall on the way you see them like through scanner. Green for allies, red for hostiles, yellow for neutral (not aggroed kavats). You do not see objects.
Tracker would have augument Pack tracker which grants the buff with 55/70/85/100% range to other players within 20m.

Rallying howl (50 energy): Your howl echoes across the plane to gather the pack. After 2 second cast animation every ally in game and you (global range) receive a buff for 18/22/26/30s. 16/19/22/25% increase to walk/sprint and half of this ammount to bullet jump, slide and vehicle speed. For allies, buff is only active when they are moving in your general direction (no need to be in affinity range) or if they are moving in the same direction as you do while beeing in your affinity radius. For you, buff is always active, but is half effective if there is no other player within your affinity range. While Rallying howl is active and player is outside your affinity radius they see your enlarged aura and have indicator how far away you are from them.

Thrill of the hunt (25 energy, drain: 4/s): Your wild roar imbues allies with confidence and precision. Allies (not only frames) will benefit from it as long they are in your affinity radius. Increased critical chance by flat 14/16/18/20% and reduced damage taken by the same ammount. Lasts for up to 18/22/26/30s or untill recasted or energy has been depleted. Drains 4 energy per second. Drain is doubled when you are not in a fight.

With those abilities we actaully get frame that: Passively heals for small ammount while fighting and regenerating small ammounts of energy between waves of enemies (endurance). Takes new approach to stealth and exterminate missions and takes that "i know your every move haha" fantasy of apex predator (tracker). Summon allies which can be great on open worlds, fast missions or when you got first to extraction and are waiting for others. Buffs, they are not great but thats intentional. I didn't want to remove Gara, its her job to give 90% dmg reduction, Thrill of the Hunt is to slightly increase party's survivability and somewhat increase overall damage, note that it adds flat chance of critical hit (5% weapon would end up with 25% while 50% weapon would end up with 70%) which is there to buff those off meta non crit weapons and not completely break pure crit weapons. Buffs are intentionally small to not get completely rigged with high ability strenght. Tracker augument, Rallying howl and Thrill of the hunt are there to get that Pack leader feeling. Third ability is so very different than volts Speed, but thats intentional to feed on "we hunt together" fantasy but not make volts ability straight up worse. I also think that fourth ability can be somewhat good on Eidolon hunts. This frame is kinda meh on its own (exception beeing spy missions, i guess) but thats intentional, its pack leader, it makes entire pack stronger. First ability is there to disable vital targets (Noxes for example) mainly and it really feels so wolfish to pounce on your prey :P. Of course numbers are to be tweaked if needed, my main goal was to not make it all overpowered. I do believe that passive would make it a good early to get frame, when any hp and energy are super valuable.

Edit: I actaully would expect wolf to have rather standard stats. 100hp, 100shield, 125 energy and armor somewhere between 150 and 200 (since its rather close combat frame).

Edited by Spyro_Haze
typo

42 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Tireless (trait): When in a fight you regenerate 1 hp every 2/1,5/1/0,5 seconds.

As far as know passives don’t have ranks.

47 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Pounce (25 energy): Quickly jump on target within 19/21/23/25m, deal 50/100/150/200 impact damage with 100% proc chance in 3-6m radius area based on the distance jumped. Main target also takes 2/3/4/5% of his max hp as impact damage and is pinned to the ground (capture target bleeding animation) for 8/9/10/11s. Enemies on the way to main target also receive impact proc. Pounce would be very fast and could be cast while on the ground without beeing above the target. During travel from initial point to the target you are immune. You can continue with other actions after 0,5s of pinning the target (it will still be immobilized, but taking damage makes stun time fade twice as fast). Maybe holding the ability button and releasing it without a target could just act as longer, faster bullet jump?

Tracker (50 energy): After 1 second cast time (similiar animation to Mesa's idle animation) gain a buff that lets you see units through walls within 25/30/35/40m for 25/30/35/40s. If there is no vision obstruction you will just see slight outlines, if there is wall on the way you see them like through scanner. Green for allies, red for hostiles, yellow for neutral (not aggroed kavats). You do not see objects.
Tracker would have augument Pack tracker which grants the buff with 55/70/85/100% range to other players within 20m.

Both are in theme (make sense for the theme) but a bit on weak sauce( not really useful or interesting)  

49 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Thrill of the hunt (25 energy, drain: 4/s): Your wild roar imbues allies with confidence and precision. Allies (not only frames) will benefit from it as long they are in your affinity radius. Increased critical chance by flat 14/16/18/20% and reduced damage taken by the same ammount. Lasts for up to 18/22/26/30s or untill recasted or energy has been depleted. Drains 4 energy per second. Drain is doubled when you are not in a fight.

The mechanics are interesting but the skill itself is weak. A global range skill increasing mobility to help the squad to regroup is interesting, but not worth a skill slot in itself (it doesn’t help you to kill, it doesn’t help you survive , nor it helps you to loot)

51 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

As why this skill has both duration and channeling cost. Also, flat critical chance buffs are nuts. Harrow has one of these, but he has to set it up and using it means he can’t use his 4 for defense.

54 minutes ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Tireless (trait): When in a fight you regenerate 1 hp every 2/1,5/1/0,5 seconds. When crouching while not moving and not beeing in a fight you regenerate 1 energy every second. You are considered to be in a fight when: you deal damage to (proc dmg doesn't count) or receive damage from enemy within affinity radius. Also an enemy within 10m who has line of sight of you and is actively targeting you triggers it. This status fades after 2 seconds unless refreshed.

Quite interesting passive.

There are literally hundreds of wolf / kubrow / pack leader / werewolf frames. Use the key word search function of the forums. Have a look at them and get some inspiration. You came up if a few interesting mechanics but the skill itself never did anything useful (the 4 is an exception , it is quite powerful)  

Take the time to interact and improve the idea.

@keikogi Thanks for the reply, you pointed out important stuff which i sadly cannot disagree with.

12 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The mechanics are interesting but the skill itself is weak. A global range skill increasing mobility to help the squad to regroup is interesting, but not worth a skill slot in itself (it doesn’t help you to kill, it doesn’t help you survive , nor it helps you to loot)

This however is an exception, this is skill im lacking so much i would use literally any frame just for it. Halls of Ascension runs, Bounties, Capture missions, even Orokin vault runs, it would make it all way faster and thus help getting loot. I am also usually waiting for my bro at extraction a lot so yeah, maybe im biased a little bit here.

You are right on the Wolf frame concepts tho, i just posted what i came with based what is in game but now i have to check out a lot of stuff here, in fan zone. Cheers!

Edited by Spyro_Haze
typo again

2 hours ago, Spyro_Haze said:

Rallying howl (50 energy): Your howl echoes across the plane to gather the pack. After 2 second cast animation every ally in game and you (global range) receive a buff for 18/22/26/30s. 16/19/22/25% increase to walk/sprint and half of this ammount to bullet jump, slide and vehicle speed. For allies, buff is only active when they are moving in your general direction (no need to be in affinity range) or if they are moving in the same direction as you do while beeing in your affinity radius. For you, buff is always active, but is half effective if there is no other player within your affinity range. While Rallying howl is active and player is outside your affinity radius they see your enlarged aura and have indicator how far away you are from them.

The more I think of Rallying Howl and Tireless, the more I think it should be switched. Rally should be an area trait the moment everyone is running with you. It's like when Volt is in the party and he casts Speed. Everyone's happy. Make it a permanent buff for all the run with the pack and you don't have to waste energy. Tireless could be throttled on healing as it drains energy with a life steal effect. 

I love the idea of werewolves that I made a concept myself. As I can see, yours focused on the wolf aspect of buffing the pack. I went with a Native American agro spirit theme. And tails are a must.

warframe_concept__timber_the_werewolf__b

i REALLY want a feral warframe, but i'd be happy with this as well ;D however, my only issue is the whole, no summon. I mean, wolves hunt in packs, even the kubrow's are rarley seen without a few friends. I know the whole 'fellow tenno' but it would be kinda fun to summon random kubrow into combat for a short while, or at LEAST a taming ability for kubrow/kavat ;D

• Like 1

@(XB1)Kebiru25 I like the fact that we we went for similiar fantasy with the abilities (engaging tools, something for stealth gameplay and something to buff the pack) but they are completely different abilities :D. Your ideas are something i would really enjoy to try in game! Really cool artwork man <3. Your suggestion to switch rallying howl and tireless is actually a good sugestion i will need to think about more. I really wanted this "I decide when and where i summon my pack" feeling, which beeing a passive ability would actually take a little from, but gameplay wise its actually a nice idea.

@(PS4)Okamibanshu22 I was thinkinh about it aswell, but since we have Khora and her kavat i change my mind and went with beeing the leader of pack of Tenno themselves, hence the speed buff to summon them. The longer i think about it the more i think that we actually lack a true summoner frame in the game (Nekros can only summon 7 enemies, Khora has only 1 kavat ect.) but thats propably due to lag issues :(.

Edited by Spyro_Haze

7 hours ago, (PS4)Okamibanshu22 said:

i REALLY want a feral warframe, but i'd be happy with this as well ;D however, my only issue is the whole, no summon. I mean, wolves hunt in packs, even the kubrow's are rarley seen without a few friends. I know the whole 'fellow tenno' but it would be kinda fun to summon random kubrow into combat for a short while, or at LEAST a taming ability for kubrow/kavat ;D

If you want companions on the pack. I saw this concept a while ago.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Kebiru25 said:

The more I think of Rallying Howl and Tireless, the more I think it should be switched. Rally should be an area trait the moment everyone is running with you. It's like when Volt is in the party and he casts Speed. Everyone's happy. Make it a permanent buff for all the run with the pack and you don't have to waste energy. Tireless could be throttled on healing as it drains energy with a life steal effect. 

I love the idea of werewolves that I made a concept myself. As I can see, yours focused on the wolf aspect of buffing the pack. I went with a Native American agro spirit theme. And tails are a must.

warframe_concept__timber_the_werewolf__b

Saw this one I while ago when I was looking at wolf / kubrow / pack leader / werewolf frames. Did not know who the autor was. I love the native america / shaman motife going on. The skills are solid as well.

On 2019-09-19 at 12:16 AM, (PS4)Okamibanshu22 said:

I was thinking about this and had an idea

Alpha Call: On howl/cast, X number of enemy beast ally with the werewolf. Beast effected: Grineer Drahk and Hyekka, Infested Chargers, Kubrow dens.

On 2019-09-19 at 7:59 AM, keikogi said:

Saw this one I while ago when I was looking at wolf / kubrow / pack leader / werewolf frames. Did not know who the autor was. I love the native america / shaman motife going on. The skills are solid as well

Thanks. I got a lot of great advice from that post.

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Kebiru25 said:

was thinking about this and had an idea

Alpha Call: On howl/cast, X number of enemy beast ally with the werewolf. Beast effected: Grineer Drahk and Hyekka, Infested Chargers, Kubrow dens.

The skill needs to do something elese at the same time because it is useless agaist corpus and sentient. Maybe tack in a self buff or buff to all beast ( kubrows , kavats and yourself)