Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So That Everyone Knows

luxastrum

Orignally posted by LordOda, and GrandMaster. TL;DR for the whiners, DE listens.

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 PM

As someone who has met the devs, geeked out with them, interviewed them etc... they take a LOT of what we've said and have implimented it.

Can't think of a single thing?

Did we as a community not continually rant as to how much we hated Rescue, Deception/Spy and Sabotage missions? They're being removed and replaced by new mission types.

Did we as a community not ask for a redesign of the Armor mechanics due to how absurd things got at level 100+? Yes, in fact right now they are in the process of finalizing the "Armor 2.0" release, which is redoing every mod, every weapon, and every enemy. An entirely new system from scratch based on the idea of slower armor progression and specialization of mod abilities.

Did we as a community not ask for their monthly events to stop being so leaderboard-focused for rewards but instead reward participation and grant cosmetic rewards to the leaderboarders? Yes, we did, and we went from 1 event having a "Get in the top 100 or you don't get the special mod" event, to the "Everyone gets the reward and the leaderboard is for bragging rights, and we'll never do that last event style again!" promise from DE, and haven't seen a lick of it since.

Did we as a community not ask for new enemies, animals, new planets etc? We've gotten Phobos and it's inhabitants as well as a half-dozen other new enemies throughout the maps, with more coming every patch, providing an increasing library of enemies to sate our lust for destruction against.

Did we as a community not ask them to make it so that mods aquired in previous events and the like be obtainable in some rare expensive fashion? We got the Transmute system, with all it's quirks and expensive nature. It allows us to get mods we don't have, and in some cases didn't even know they existed. People have been able to get event-reward mods even before the event has been completed! (I have my equilibrium mod days before the event ended)

And on and on and on... just because the little pet projects that YOU want don't get put in, doesn't mean that DE doesn't listen to the community. DE breaks their backs making things for this community, and I'm sorry your personal things aren't being met... but that, as they say, is the breaks.

So because they do some stuff right we should do what? Ignore what they do wrong?

There isn't only 2 options!  I think the OP is just saying some of the comments are a bit extreme and I totally agree.  People just expect too much I think.  All I can say is that there's very rarely a game that comes out that you can tell means a lot to it's devs.  I'm sure they actually LOVE to get constructive criticism, but the conspiracy nuts take things a bit too far :/

Cut them some damn slack.

Nah. Know that apology that came? I highly doubt if we gave them some slack and didn't complain that anything would of happened.

Yes some rants are stupid and some ideas are simply impossible but giving them slack does nothing.

Edited by GSGregory

I'm sure they actually LOVE to get constructive criticism, but the conspiracy nuts take things a bit too far :/

Two thoughts.

First, I am honestly unsure what you are referring to (maybe I missed the thread(s)).

Second, You mean the conspiracy regarding "the conspiracy nuts take things a bit too far"?

Could not resist! :o)

Not sure if there is a mod for Resistance...maybe a Borg one!

Edited by Fiia

haven't gotten a useful mod from the mod transmutation, and since i only have like 20k credits, not gonna try it again. i know me and my clan didn't ask for the credits in the void to go down from completing the missions, and now we have no good way of getting creds except for grinding missions now.

Haters gonna hate.

Give them a finger and they will bite off your hand.

Imho DE does a really good job and it is the first time that i find such a communicative company that really listens to their player base and doesn't just do the usual 'yes yes, soonTM'.

So be gratefull instead of complaining 24/7 because something didn't go the way you wanted to.

Haters gonna hate.

Give them a finger and they will bite off your hand.

Imho DE does a really good job and it is the first time that i find such a communicative company that really listens to their player base and doesn't just do the usual 'yes yes, soonTM'.

So be gratefull instead of complaining 24/7 because something didn't go the way you wanted to.

So when something is broken I shouldn't report it? WHen something in the game is not working correctly I shouldn't make a deal out of it?

Complaining is not a bad thing and it needs to be done. Or would you rather still have broken void drops or a bad stamina system?

Nah. Know that apology that came? I highly doubt if we gave them some slack and didn't complain that anything would of happened.

Yes some rants are stupid and some ideas are simply impossible but giving them slack does nothing.

I accept that. Maybe we need to give them a little nudge sometimes to keep them on track. But there's no reason to be unprofessional or rude about it.

So when something is broken I shouldn't report it? WHen something in the game is not working correctly I shouldn't make a deal out of it?

Complaining is not a bad thing and it needs to be done. Or would you rather still have broken void drops or a bad stamina system?

Reporting a bug/glitch is one thing, ranting and complaining about it in a non structurative way in multiple threads is another.

I accept that. Maybe we need to give them a little nudge sometimes to keep them on track. But there's no reason to be unprofessional or rude about it.

Sadly sometimes there is. When the same mistake is repeated I give up trying to be nice about my feedback because nice just doesn't always cut it.

Now that is different than the threads people write that are rants about how much de sucks. But that is what happens when people are passionate about a game.

There's a difference between giving constructive or concerned feedback, and making plainly asinine/rude statements. Some users on this forum have a sickening sense of entitlement and rail against DE every time something goes wrong, blowing situations up unnecessarily.

Reporting a bug/glitch is one thing, ranting and complaining about it in a non structurative way in multiple threads is another.

Not really. Because one thread is easy to miss/ignore. Nothing will ever happen when you say something once because this is not a perfect world. Both in gaming and in the real world you need to keep reminding people of what you said. The city for example will hardly fix something or change something just because one person says it even 5 times but when tons of people keep making a deal out of it they are forced to do something.