Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Desecrate Works Almost Fine As Is.

Stinker

The problem of disappearing corpses really isn't that big of a deal. If anything, I prefer a Nova in the group. The window to use desecrate is fairly lenient as you  can use it even while the enemies are disappearing. Disappearing encompases all forms (or lack of form) until that form doesn't exist. The mist from nova'd enemies still counts as an enemy you can desecrate. I really have no problem spamming desecrate like I do catching mobs as they die like I do. The only thing I could suggest here is let desecrate work on enemies the moment they die instead of once they've finally fallen over from a normal death. (I'm not sure if that's what the trigger for being desecrateable even is, but that's just what I see and feel as I play the game)

My beef with desecrate comes from the chance enemies don't get desecrated. Why? Because I will sometimes spam desecrate 4 or 5 times until I OOM just to have three or four corpses refuse to be defiled (must be wearing that mormon holy underwear or something).

I've been kickin' around 1 or 2 suggestions to remedy this. 1. Just don't let desecrate fail. 2. Amp up the rewards from desecrate. or 3. Undefiled bodies explode for damage.

To be honest, I'm partial to number 3. It would turn your Ult into something that's a little more useful after it ends (SotD minions seems to have a much lower chance of desecration). It would also make Focus a lot a bit more enticing for a Nekros instead of the continuity route. It would also just be freakin' awesome. Who doesn't love explosions?

There be my opinion on desecrate.

I agree that desecrate is both fun and effective in its current state, but for 50 energy I don't think that explosions are fitting. Personally, I would like the chance of getting loot to be increased by focus. If I have max focus, then there shouldn't be any corpses left un-desecrated.

The bigger problem is that desecrated enemies seem to shoot at the floor & ceiling.  Alot.  This makes them, and by extension this ability, worse than useless.  Once they get that sorted out, then this would be a viable ability.

You're thinking of Shadows of the Dead. Different ability.

The explosions aren't fitting for 50 energy how?

Their placement would be fairly random/few and far inbetween, so it would be unreliable, and the abilities main use is getting extra resources from the dead, not the explosions.

On THAT note, I wouldn't mind it if my minions had a zero chance of dropping more lewt and simply exploded for massive damage upon being desecrated. That's a 2 for 1 I can live with.

The explosions aren't fitting for 50 energy how?

I guess I meant it didn't fit the theme of the power/frame. He isn't offensive, he is tactical.

Their placement would be fairly random/few and far inbetween, so it would be unreliable, and the abilities main use is getting extra resources from the dead, not the explosions.

Sure you could make it balanced for a 50 energy power, but then how much utility would you be getting? It would be a nice bonus sure, but not worth it imo.