Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

who thought this was a good idea?

jojokaizer

1 hour ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

The big mistake they made was ignoring all of the feedback about putting the new mods and arcanes in the vendor to be bought with vitus essence. Stuffing the drop table creates pointless filler once you have the new rewards. 

I want to play arbitrations for endo in the long run, not useless filler.

they know that if they put these in the store, literally no one would buy them. and 5 min runs is apparently too much reward.  so instead of making these mods or arcanes usable, it's just there to dilute the pool for the new 5 min timer.  I understand there is a grind/reward ratio balance that needs to be met, THIS IS NOT HOW YOU DO IT!  DE is basically treating everyone like idiots. 

1 hour ago, jojokaizer said:

what makes you think 5 years you magically don't need endo anymore? am I play 24/7? at 40k endo+ for every primed mod, there are still plenty of mods I didn't max yet.  this goes with many of the vets as well.  to add on to what I bring to the changes, why is it my job to fix the problems? that's the DEV's job. but if you really want to know, I've already stated what the fix can be.  DE themselves already know the fix, they just didn't bother implementing it here. SIDE GRADES.  amalgam mods that offer extra bonuses with trade offs.  why do we need to always have either power creep or complete useless garbage?  it's not hard to make it good, if you don't cater to the casuals.  harder content for vet players doesn't mean nerfing it every patch and making it easier and easier for no reason.  you want more ppl to play arb, make the rewards better.  it's all very simple actually.

Endo is still the most common reward and just as many "vets" have also finished their Endo grind years ago or opt for Rathuum farming instead.

And feedback is meaningless if you don't propose how to make something better. Saying these rewards are bad can be solved from solutions like reducing their drop rates or adding better rewards onto the same drop table and bloating it. Both of these solutions solve the underlying issue but also cause other problems that people would take just as many issues with.

But your solution of side grades and amalgam mods isn't some bulletproof solution either as many other people in your exact position view them as garbage. They're inferior versions of existing mods that offer stats and effects that a lot of people simply don't want or is too niche to use anyways, thus garbage. Yet despite all that you've already gotten your side grades in this patch with the Charger Arcanes and if you can only see them as inferior to your existing Arcanes then guess what you didn't actually want side grades to begin with.

Also again Arbitrations are not difficult to begin with, literally nothing in the game is or should be, for anyone who does in-fact have everything. Using the most overpowered scaling builds trivializes everything. "Harder" content can't exist in the current state of the game without intentionally gimping oneself which can be accomplished with these "garbage" rewards.

9 minutes ago, trst said:

Endo is still the most common reward and just as many "vets" have also finished their Endo grind years ago or opt for Rathuum farming instead.

And feedback is meaningless if you don't propose how to make something better. Saying these rewards are bad can be solved from solutions like reducing their drop rates or adding better rewards onto the same drop table and bloating it. Both of these solutions solve the underlying issue but also cause other problems that people would take just as many issues with.

But your solution of side grades and amalgam mods isn't some bulletproof solution either as many other people in your exact position view them as garbage. They're inferior versions of existing mods that offer stats and effects that a lot of people simply don't want or is too niche to use anyways, thus garbage. Yet despite all that you've already gotten your side grades in this patch with the Charger Arcanes and if you can only see them as inferior to your existing Arcanes then guess what you didn't actually want side grades to begin with.

Also again Arbitrations are not difficult to begin with, literally nothing in the game is or should be, for anyone who does in-fact have everything. Using the most overpowered scaling builds trivializes everything. "Harder" content can't exist in the current state of the game without intentionally gimping oneself which can be accomplished with these "garbage" rewards.

and here lies the problem. you finally show your true colors. "literally nothing in the game is or SHOULD be difficult" it's people like you who ruins games.  all the damn hand holding and free loot thrown at you makes a really interesting game right? and no matter what people think, usable side grade amalgam mods are 1000 times better than pure trash you vendor. do you at least understand that simple fact?

5 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

and here lies the problem. you finally show your true colors. "literally nothing in the game is or SHOULD be difficult" it's people like you who ruins games.  all the damn hand holding and free loot thrown at you makes a really interesting game right? and no matter what people think, usable side grade amalgam mods are 1000 times better than pure trash you vendor. do you at least understand that simple fact?

You should consider reading that entire post as I specified:

19 minutes ago, trst said:

...for anyone who does in-fact have everything. Using the most overpowered scaling builds trivializes everything. "Harder" content can't exist in the current state of the game without intentionally gimping oneself...

What does any of this have to do with free loot or hand holding? And your simple "fact" is anything but as again your idea of what constitutes a "side grade" is the exact same as some of the new rewards we've gotten. The only difference is that you don't see the value in using any of them over your existing equipment which, yet again, is the same mentality other people have towards Amalgam mods.

1 minute ago, trst said:

You should consider reading that entire post as I specified:

What does any of this have to do with free loot or hand holding? And your simple "fact" is anything but as again your idea of what constitutes a "side grade" is the exact same as some of the new rewards we've gotten. The only difference is that you don't see the value in using any of them over your existing equipment which, yet again, is the same mentality other people have towards Amalgam mods.

none of the new mods we got are side grades. they are direct down grades, meme builds doesn't make a mod side grade. and saying you can't balance the game at the current state with maxed out players is just plain lazy development.  plenty of games scale or release content that is hard enough for vets to enjoy.  pull your head out of DE's ass and see the real problem. they are more interested in catering to casuals than to actually add meaningful balance to the game. 

3 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

none of the new mods we got are side grades. they are direct down grades, meme builds doesn't make a mod side grade. and saying you can't balance the game at the current state with maxed out players is just plain lazy development.  plenty of games scale or release content that is hard enough for vets to enjoy.  pull your head out of DE's ass and see the real problem. they are more interested in catering to casuals than to actually add meaningful balance to the game. 

You're now contradicting yourself by saying none of the new rewards are side grades yet Amalgam mods are.

And I never said "you can't balance" the game I said that it "isn't balance in it's current state", these statements mean vastly different things. However while I can't disagree that they've been catering more to casual players at the same time the type of content that non-casual players want would be largely pointless because of the game's current balance issues.

1 minute ago, trst said:

You're now contradicting yourself by saying none of the new rewards are side grades yet Amalgam mods are.

And I never said "you can't balance" the game I said that it "isn't balance in it's current state", these statements mean vastly different things. However while I can't disagree that they've been catering more to casual players at the same time the type of content that non-casual players want would be largely pointless because of the game's current balance issues.

first wave of amalgams are completely 100% side grades with potential better options. same with sacrificial mods.  I don't know if you're willingly being ignorant or really didn't read what the patch notes.  every arcane or mod in this update are useless or just objectively better options already.  it doesn't take a genius to glance at these options and realize they are pure filler to pat the new 5 min reward timer.  also, this is what you stated " Using the most overpowered scaling builds trivializes everything. "Harder" content can't exist in the current state of the game without intentionally gimping" which is bull S#&$. if you resort to gimping for balance, you've done something wrong. 

Il y a 10 heures, jojokaizer a dit :

first wave of amalgams are completely 100% side grades with potential better options. same with sacrificial mods.  I don't know if you're willingly being ignorant or really didn't read what the patch notes.  every arcane or mod in this update are useless or just objectively better options already.  it doesn't take a genius to glance at these options and realize they are pure filler to pat the new 5 min reward timer.  also, this is what you stated " Using the most overpowered scaling builds trivializes everything. "Harder" content can't exist in the current state of the game without intentionally gimping" which is bull S#&$. if you resort to gimping for balance, you've done something wrong. 

Yeah, sacrificial mods are sidegrade, not powercreep or anything uh ? Lol

Yeah, as it is, you can't really make viable harder content that wouldn't require using extra specific meta builds, that's not bs, it's just how things are now, that's why they are scratching their heads for damage 3.0. But if you have the magic ratios and reworks to fix it all, feel free to share. That would force you to actually consider how big of a task it is... 

And also, juste calling "make sidegrades", is as empty of an answer as " make it good". Even more when you consider that is EXACTLY what the new rewards are, sidegrades. Just not ones you find good. Lets narrow the question, juste give me the stats of ONE good sidegrade mod in your opinion. Just ONE. One that would be relevant with the meta, that would not be redundant, that wouldn't be op, that wouldn't be dogsheet and that wouldn't require huge gameplay changes (as their hands are pretty full right now). I'll wait.

And don't hide again behind the "it's not my job" excuse, it's sad. If you can't put forward a single suggestion, you're openly admitting that you are utterly unable to think of anything better. What now ? Are you gonna scream at Ellon Musk because we don't have time machines yet ?

21 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

You're the sort of person who complains about Dark Souls not having an easy mode

Idk. Seems easy enough to me.

Press 4 to win right here. Or maybe, press shoulder button to win 😛

That said. I agree that Warframe needs variety of modes.

Arbitrations should remain with a degree of difficulty and challenge. 

Warframe should not be easy only, nor difficult only. 

Variety of modes to cater to different kinds of players.

That said, I also hope players will start just accepting the fact there are different modes, and that some modes are for them, and some modes are not for them. Let challenge runners have a few difficult modes so they can stop whining about press 4 to win. Let the people that enjoy power fantasy or only care about fashion, have some modes so they can enjoy nuking the map, or easily dominate with average builds and non-meta frames in average level content - in whatever fashion they desire. 

If they add a difficulty slider to everything, it may help alleviate some of these issues and this sense of "everything must be accessible to me, no matter how scrub I am, and have a reaction speed of a potato". The potato reaction speed people can perhaps play arbitration, orb mother, etc. on Easy mode. Rewards are scaled down by 50%, but at the same time, everything is easier, nukes are usable etc. The people that want challenge and stimulation can play arbitration, orb mother, etc. on Normal, or maybe even Hell mode, and rewards scale up to a normal rate, and then up to 150% or even 200% on Hell mode. Reward scaling can extend to more than just quantity, but also the CHANCE of better loot rises with higher difficulty, i.e. maybe at hell difficulty, the chance for a desirable reward bumps up from 15% to 30%. Normal difficulty would be how Arbitrations, Orb mothers, etc. are right now. Hell mode can be these mission types with added energy drain, or enemy weapons have armor penetration or DR penetration, etc. Easy difficulty could be Arbitrations with 2 revives, drones that only reduce ability damage and not negate it totally, etc. 

16 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

SIDE GRADES

Disagree. I find no purpose for any of the so-called sidegrades they introduced so far.

On 2019-09-19 at 8:47 AM, Talinthis said:

you were talking about this update. i dont remember what they did shortly after release but revives were added in the first revisit. if they did anything before that i cant remember. i would say revives are more of an annoyance than actually making anything easier. i should be able to drop them.

I think they changed the enemy scaling or something, but there was a change shortly after release. I remember it being an actual challenge and my clan and friends did it and ridiculed the guy that died first. Now the actual mission is the joke.

Please stop calling the new mods and arcanes useless and stupid, just because you think only adaptation, arcane energize, maiming strike and all of the "meta" mods are "good" it doesn't make all of the other mods useless. There's a bunch of mods for people to customize try new things and have some fun even if it's not that "good".

The new mods are usefull, but only in premade squads, for random gameplay it's pointless, remember, warframe has been available for players for years, it's not a random new aura that is going to change how you perform.

I guess the idea is to force specific types of gameplay and make sure players are inclined to use aura forma, it's not a bad idea, but without something usefull for random teamplay, player will not touch these auras that much.

Adaptation has potential mod wise and endo wise, it was  great being able to trade it for tons of filled ayatan statues, right now with so many mods and arcanes that players will likely trade for less endo, getting adaptation is kinda hard

I also note that before the recent changes, all rotations were the same, but the % differed and the endo ammount changed, right now you may inclided to leave early since the rotations actually change the rewards.

Regardless, i am fine with the changes, i still enjoy the gamemode, but i do mean the gamemode, not the rewards, those are meh.

My sugestion for arbitrations:

• Ephemeras can be traded for endo or can no longer be aquired once you have one, otherwise an ephemera may count as "no reward"
  • players with a quit rate above 10% can't host arbitrations
  • players with a completion ration below 85% (which is pretty low already, so don't tell me it's unfair) can't do arbitrations
  • No more reviving allowed, if you die, you die, player then decides if they want a quit added t the profile or if they stay and hope for a victory
  • new enemy added that appears once (and only 1) every 5 minutes (similar to bursas spawns), similar to a demolyst, with a unique sound and look, this new enemy leaps onto a player (with a visual representation of the attack) and self detonates inflicting heavy damage to the player it atatched on, likely killing it, can be tanky, like 2x as tanky as a bursa, can have it's own set of mod drops and rewards (sigil, emblem, glyph, ephemera, armor set, color palete, garanteed vitus essense), enemy doesn't have a weapon and has the weakness of not being able to attack enemies that are airborn, thus making aim gliding a way to avoid it's deadly leap. This makes players consider the tileset aswell as the gamemode and faction, since certain areas with tight hallways might give issues to the player dodging the leap.

Edited by KIREEK