Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I use 40 frames just fine. But what does Gauss do?

(XBOX)Phantom Clip

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

You read half the stuff I wrote. Too bad you didn't understand even that part. Just pitiful.

I understood that you think that bounties are difficult. And I understand that you ended up using insults. I assume you don't want to continue talking about Gauss.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I understood that you think that bounties are difficult. And I understand that you ended up using insults. I assume you don't want to continue talking about Gauss.

Says the guy who used insults. But yeah. With you i definitely have nothing talk about. Since you didn't even bother to responde to my entire comments.  I might as well go and talk to a wall.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Not really seeing a use for him beyond star chart and low level enemies. I think Wisp is a better Gauss. Her motes are 1 skill and seem to mimic alot of his ability kit.

His 1st hard to use.  Run into enemies does nothing.  And running into wall is dumb.  As if enemies just stand by the water cooler. .

Damage reduction from his 2nd is based on battery level. But any 1 hit will drain the battery. Seriously? Then it's not just a little but like 5% for each hit. With Redline active you get melee damage boost. But you can't stay in melee range long enough to do much without draining the battery like crazy. 

I tried 100% status weapons with cold to proc his 3rd's freeze and blast. Then I tried the boost from Redline. It's ok but 15m not enough range. If I add more range, then it's not enough damage. 

His 4th doesn't deal much damage. The boost effects help some. Not much. 

I'm asking in what part of the game, what mission is he useful? Where does he shine? Free roam only? Infested only?

I like him on starchart missions. I'm just not seeing how I'm really meant to utilize his abilities. 

Open world.  Go.  Nova and Birb are waiting.

25 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Says the guy who used insults. But yeah. With you i definitely have nothing talk about. Since you didn't even bother to responde to my entire comments.  I might as well go and talk to a wall.

And in which of my posts was an insult that hurt your feelings? óÒ

Anyways have fun with the wall. Try not to insult it when you get frustrated again.

play Gauss like you would Play Doom: slap on a shotgun or a Launcher, don't stop running.

I think Gauss would Benefit if he could shoot whilst Sprinting, or if maybe sprinting adds momentum to your next melee attack, increasing it's speed and damage. something like this would encourage you to never let go of the sprint button, and run full tilt, all the time, every time. far as I know that's what Gauss is meant to be about.

still, it's early days yet, he'll probably get a tweak in the future, and on another note, Acceltra is my new favourite assault rifle: the insane lovechild of a Grattler and an SMG that I've always wanted!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

play Gauss like you would Play Doom: slap on a shotgun or a Launcher, don't stop running.

I think Gauss would Benefit if he could shoot whilst Sprinting, or if maybe sprinting adds momentum to your next melee attack, increasing it's speed and damage. something like this would encourage you to never let go of the sprint button, and run full tilt, all the time, every time. far as I know that's what Gauss is meant to be about.

still, it's early days yet, he'll probably get a tweak in the future, and on another note, Acceltra is my new favourite assault rifle: the insane lovechild of a Grattler and an SMG that I've always wanted!

A cool Augment:  “Full Tilt”.  I like it!

6 hours ago, nslay said:

Agreed. I hope DE adds to Gauss' passive:

• Immunity to slowdown from aiming/shooting.
  • Melee attacks now charge the battery x% (because you have to stop to attack for most melee weapons... thereby not charge the battery!).

Yup. It's like you're punished for killing enemies.  These things would be nice. As a passive or added to his 4th. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think Gauss would Benefit if he could shoot whilst Sprinting,  

still, it's early days yet, he'll probably get a tweak in the future, and on another note, Acceltra is my new favourite assault rifle: the insane lovechild of a Grattler and an SMG that I've always wanted

Yassss,  he needs the ability to shoot at full sprint speed.

Make his ability casting instant. Give him more ways to charge battery or reduce drain. Or even remove the battery drain from kinetic plating when taking damage.

Acceltra is nice. And it looks good. Seems like it hits twice. Once on impact, once on explosion. Maybe give it more ammo. I do use Carrier often so I don't feel it much. Tho I'm not ready to give up Fulmin yet. 

2 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Has anyone ever considered just playing frames for fun and to hell with the meta?  Why do we need a meta for how we spend our leisure time?  This isn’t your job.

DO NOT QUESTION THE FORUM HIVE MIND! How dare you think that we play for fun!

If a new frame comes out and it does the same things as other frame IT IS TRASH!

If they don't like it IT IS TRASH!

The frame has 1 ability that other frames do better GARBAGE

RABBLERABBLENOFUNRABBLERABBLE

*COLLAPSES IN A BLUSTERING SEIZURE*

3 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Has anyone ever considered just playing frames for fun and to hell with the meta?  Why do we need a meta for how we spend our leisure time?  This isn’t your job.

Yes you can have fun but if you try to watch the recruiting chat you will realize that people ask only for the same fkn boring frames. This means if you try to convince someone you are able to do the same with your preferred frame, they will insult you, putting in ignore and goodbye and i am not kidding.

C'mon, in what kind of "normal" game you see an ugly dragon hurting himself to get a buff but for an error to be nerfed after  1 day or a stripper cowboy(weren't we Ninjas?) shooting everything moving randomly the mouse?!?!?!!?

Now we have a frame able to run hitting the wall like an idiot anyway it's good for leechers, they can just run away, mining or fishing something and come back.

Edited by bibmobello

3 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Play frame for fun. You are 100% correct. 40 frames are fun,  Gauss is a 2nd job. I made this post just incase I missed something.  Nope, I didn't. Gauss either running around looking beautiful or slowing down for kills and looking useless. He doesn't have to be meta. Just usable for more than eye candy. 

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Play frame for fun. You are 100% correct. 40 frames are fun,  Gauss is a 2nd job. I made this post just incase I missed something.  Nope, I didn't. Gauss either running around looking beautiful or slowing down for kills and looking useless. He doesn't have to be meta. Just usable for more than eye candy. 

Plenty usable, you just need to learn how to Aim Glide, the whole reason why his signature weapons have explosive rounds. As someone who basically grew up on the other side of the world, not relying on melee mashing and abilities, Gauss is plenty usable, and is one of the strongest additions within this area. His abilities and his Battery system complements the playstyle of not obsessively switching on all your abilities at all times. The Battery system is specifically there to counter the problem with Energy. It's not meta, and as you admit, he doesn't need to be, but allowing him to have Kinetic Plating with a 100% uptime for you to mash the melee key blindly or giving him an easy press room clear ability with his 3rd is specifically asking for him to be in the meta..

He's in a good spot now. Even on tweaks, I can't imagine them changing anything that would result in any of you satisfied.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Plenty usable, you just need to learn how to Aim Glide, the whole reason why his signature weapons have explosive rounds. As someone who basically grew up on the other side of the world, not relying on melee mashing and abilities, Gauss is plenty usable, and is one of the strongest additions within this area. His abilities and his Battery system complements the playstyle of not obsessively switching on all your abilities at all times. The Battery system is specifically there to counter the problem with Energy. It's not meta, and as you admit, he doesn't need to be, but allowing him to have Kinetic Plating with a 100% uptime for you to mash the melee key blindly or giving him an easy press room clear ability with his 3rd is specifically asking for him to be in the meta..

He's in a good spot now. Even on tweaks, I can't imagine them changing anything that would result in any of you satisfied.

Aim glide to avoid mashing melee?  All frames can air glide. He needs to run to build battery. 

Battery counters energy? You need both for his skills. 

Kinetic plating allows you to mash melee? What happened to air glide?  Plating dissolves per hit taken. How can you melee when you need to run to keep up damage reduction?

Clear the room with his 3rd? Nope. the room is 50m+...

He's in a good spot? You mean the trash can? 

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Aim glide to avoid mashing melee?  All frames can air glide. He needs to run to build battery. 

Battery counters energy? You need both for his skills. 

Kinetic plating allows you to mash melee? What happened to air glide?  Plating dissolves per hit taken. How can you melee when you need to run to keep up damage reduction?

Clear the room with his 3rd? Nope. the room is 50m+...

He's in a good spot? You mean the trash can? 

Gauss builds battery while moving, not running. You can Aim Glide and gun your Acceltra all the way down the corridor at max speed to sweep a group of enemies while building battery.

Battery counters the problem of Energy which is that Energy has become too plentiful that any ability that doesn't come with an impossibly ridiculous cost can easily achieve 100% uptime.

The suggestion for melee to build up his Battery will specifically allow you to mash melee while running into enemies constantly with Kinetic Plating sitting at a high amount

Most non-100 Cost Radial CC/Damage abilities actually have 10 ~ 20 meters of range. Thermal Sunder has 12 meters. If you raise it the range of it, then it can and will be built the exact same way as many other abilities 

He is in a good spot. You're effectively upset that the new character in a fighting game does not have projectiles to spam and saying the character is bad.

• Like 4

Just now, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Putting Gauss in a situation specifically engineered to kill Gauss leads to Gauss dying. This doesn't really prove anything other than Gauss isn't 100% invincible to everything in the game, which didn't need proving.

It proves a lot. Magnetic dmg electric dmg viral dmg. And few more that you encounter will just kill him in one shot or maybe two. (Btw i even had quick thinking on.)

And this makes Gauss anything but fine. He's useful against some factions. But even those factions have special units that deal other dmg types. And He's exactly not fine because anything that deals other elemental damage types will kill him. His DR ability is straight up trash when it's compared to others. And even if you sprint like a maniac that sniper takes you down. And Vallis has a bunch of those. And others that will go through that DR. At least Hildryn is only "useless" against a specific faction while with Gauss who knows when you run into a guy that one shots you because of how specific his DR ability is.

So don't sit there like Gauss doesn't have problems. Because he has this one gigantic problem which automatically puts him behind other frames. Changing this ability alone would make him 2x better. But it seems like some players rather have a frame that can collapse any time.

At least Quick Thinking is useful on him combined with train wreck of an ability. I give you that. He can pretty tanky against those few enemies at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It proves a lot. Magnetic dmg electric dmg viral dmg. And few more that you encounter will just kill him in one shot or maybe two. (Btw i even had quick thinking on.)

And this makes Gauss anything but fine. He's useful against some factions. But even those factions have special units that deal other dmg types. And He's exactly not fine because anything that deals other elemental damage types will kill him. His DR ability is straight up trash when it's compared to others. And even if you sprint like a maniac that sniper takes you down. And Vallis has a bunch of those. And others that will go through that DR. At least Hildryn is only "useless" against a specific faction while with Gauss who knows when you run into a guy that one shots you because of how specific his DR ability is.

So don't sit there like Gauss doesn't have problems. Because he has this one gigantic problem which automatically puts him behind other frames. Changing this ability alone would make him 2x better. But it seems like some players rather have a frame that can collapse any time.

At least Quick Thinking is useful on him combined with train wreck of an ability. I give you that. He can pretty tanky against those few enemies at least.

I wouldn't call it a problem when it's an intentionally-designed weakness in his kit that was included for the sake of balance. When you start throwing Level 120+ enemies at the player, "balance" ceases to exist anyway.

I can't deal with his codpiece.  It's to...much cod.

Otherwise I don't have much of a desire to get him.  While his kit seems interesting enough, I feel like other Frames can do what he offers.  Minus the speed of course.   

Personl feeling is that I would rathet Zephyr across open worlds and float around.  Cuz its fun.  And her 1 actually hits my enemies which is great.

Or...Ill use Wisp. She must currently be the most versatile and best designed frame.  Its one of the first ones that I could honeslty say that does not need a rework.  

Gause just seems a little to problematic.  I havnt played him.  But for now I don't see the value of him with all the battery issues I have been hearing about

7 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

I can't deal with his codpiece.  It's to...much cod.

Otherwise I don't have much of a desire to get him.  While his kit seems interesting enough, I feel like other Frames can do what he offers.  Minus the speed of course.   

Personl feeling is that I would rathet Zephyr across open worlds and float around.  Cuz its fun.  And her 1 actually hits my enemies which is great.

Or...Ill use Wisp. She must currently be the most versatile and best designed frame.  Its one of the first ones that I could honeslty say that does not need a rework.  

Gause just seems a little to problematic.  I havnt played him.  But for now I don't see the value of him with all the battery issues I have been hearing about

Gauss's battery is only difficult when in Redline mode where it requires effort to maintain. Outside of Redline, his battery is trivially easy to keep charged.

• Like 1