Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combat Discipline - A missed opportunity

Walkampf

I'm actually quite exited for the new Auras,

but I really think, that Combat Discipline is a missed opportunity.

I think it's a rather strong aura, as it is, but not effecting Rage/Hunter Adrenaline is a shame.

We already have several options, which generate massive amounts of energy, like Arcane Energise or the Zenurik School.

Sure, we already have Energysiphon as an energy generator aura, but Combat Discipline whould be a totally different approach to the same idea.

• Like 1

vor 34 Minuten schrieb BansheePrime:

I feel like it’s probably pretty intentional that the downside doesn’t have a way to benefit yourself like that.

Yes, I'm absolutly sure it is intentional.

Buuuuut, you can still ask nicely if the Devs might reconsider.

I'm just thinking that there are sooo many alternatives, which can also get you the same result.

For example Guardian Derision or Electromagnetic Shielding.

40 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Yes, I'm absolutly sure it is intentional.

Buuuuut, you can still ask nicely if the Devs might reconsider.

I'm just thinking that there are sooo many alternatives, which can also get you the same result.

For example Guardian Derision or Electromagnetic Shielding.

Ugh don't talk to me about those with our wonderful lack of manual blocking right now. It makes me sad.

Edited by BansheePrime

I can't see a benefit for it, the game is WAY too biased towards killing everything faster than it kills you, and by the time you'd even need the healing most non-tank frames will be dying in 1-2 hits faster than a full team of this mod can recover it.

Damage is so hilariously messed up right now that mods like this have no value because enemies either tickle or nuke you depending on the level of the enemies and your frame choice.

It is trying to fill a niche that doesn't have the ability to currently exist in the design space of Warframe, it also has the usual problem of competing with Corrosive Projection and Growing Power, which are two of the most powerful Aura mods, it also needs to compete with any 9 point mod for just being extra slot space too, which with the drawback it could have 12 points on it and still not be a good choice.

• Like 1

I think it's a missed opportunity in another way: it should also heal allies when the bearer kills something.

That would allow one to active heal the squad, and reduce competition for kills among squad mates. It would let one turn a killing warframe into a support warframe and make the mod properly useful in more ways.

Honestly I'm actually looking forward to the console Arby update for this mod. I think it would go great with my Equniox since I already player her pretty passively and it would let me have a little passive support to the squad while not using Maim. Maybe a turbo Banshee rocking Hirudo's. That'd be fun.

• Like 1