Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove Conclave Score From Groups

Lyker

People could get upset or elitist over someones conclave number in squad?

Why?

Because elitism is alive and well in games, especially one with loot or progression locked items. It's even more stupid because Concalve rates for PvP yet people are absolute morons and think it means anything in PvE content. I.E., I can have 500 Conclave and outpreform and outlive people with 1000+ Conclave in T3s very, very easily.

i never have yet to have someone comment on my conclave number, or nor have i cared about anyones number, half the time i dont even look at there gear.... hell its doesnt matter to me, im going to beat the lvl no matter...

maybe in a defense or survial i may glance at it, but if there are ppl out there giving crap about your "number" then its there insecuritys... thank god i havent come accross ppl like that

this has been 1 of if not the best community i have ever played with.... they way i really know if someone is going to be an issue if there barking out commands as soon as the game starts... usally then i just either quit out or just do my own thing anyways

I don't mind the score showing up at all I mean I already know based on that persons loadout if they are going to have to be carried so the score doesn't really matter. 

This is exactly my view.

Someone joins a lobby with a conclave number over 1000.

I would assume they would be a hard hitter.

That's about it.

Someone with a low conclave number joins in a high level mission, I think, this guy is going to be needing revives.

More often than not, you can't readily find people with 1k+ conclaves so even the people asking for it usually cave and take anyone. Most people realize that others are ranking their new gear and just expect that the person will have 1 good weapon. Admittedly, I expect different levels of usefulness from a 500 with a bow and a 1500 with a bow. If you want to do 20-30 min in survival or 30+ waves in ODD then conclave becomes relevant. There's no harm in keeping it around.    

Edited by Seanjuju

Remember that conclave score is based on general effectiveness in a pvp environment, so things that are more utility oriented or just don't affect players (Read, nyx and nekros powers) have a tiny C value. Most of rhino's powers, for example, are very powerful in PvP so they have a high C value (rhino stomp is a whopping c120), where as Shadows of The Dead has a tiny C value of 1 per rank. This also goes for niche mods, like crit mods, which have a small impact on C value compared to base damage mods like hornet strike which are very high (C40, compared to C20 for elements and way less for crits, penetration is similarly low weight).

Most people don't know these things, so the Conclave score is in fact a poor way of weighing someone's ability to actually do the mission. Although the value in this example is swaying by a few 100, there will still be quite a difference between a 268 player and a 789 player in raw effectiveness no matter what.

It should stay.

Not because it's relevant, but because anyone basing group decisions on it declares that they don't really understand the game, and thus I shouldn't group with them.  Kind of a "Don't play with me, I don't know what I'm doing" early warning system.

People could get upset or elitist over someones conclave number in squad?

Why?

Who bloody knows. 

Why do Halo gamers become elitist stat flaming lowlifes over things like Ranks and K/D?

Hell for all we could know, they do this because in their little tiny minds, they're gods in the game, and anyone who don't meet their criteria are ants who know nothing, can't do anything, and are not better than them.

Personally if warframe had any kind of blacklist/block list, every single stat flaming lowlife I run into will be on that list, no matter if they're flaming me or someone else. If they can't learn to play the game, share, and treat everyone as equals, they shouldn't deserve to be apart of any squad. 

But other than that, any kind of conclave stat should be hidden unless in a conclave match. 

Also as a side note, this is one of many reasons why I'm against PvP in Warframe.

This is exactly my view.

Someone joins a lobby with a conclave number over 1000.

I would assume they would be a hard hitter.

That's about it.

Someone with a low conclave number joins in a high level mission, I think, this guy is going to be needing revives.

The thing is that I for one have 300 less conclave on my fully modded Nova than on my Rhino. Not exactly accurate.

Better rating for actual groups would be avg gear level.

That way you can tell if the dude next to you has just formad all of his weapons and started with a fresh nekros. most active players will have SOME higher level gear they can pull out if need be, so it's hard to be snobby about it. It's just a little warning to you if you see someone with Gear Rank of 15 playing T3 Def. "Dude, can you address that".