Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another secret door?

ViR6USfV

Some doors in some rooms may be related with future expansions, certain rooms have been built with several mechanics in them and the best they can offer is like 2 lockers for you to destroy, however they often have small, medium and large doors that are indicative of possible future content.

The amalgam boss is in the works and you can see part of the boss in the tileset of jupiter already.

Will they use these obscure and rare rooms and actually expand on them? not sure.

2 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

I’m not sure which room you’re talking about, but if you post some pics of it or what mission types it spawns on then I can clip through it for you

This was tested twice on the Ananke node.

Edited by ViR6USfV

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

Some doors in some rooms may be related with future expansions, certain rooms have been built with several mechanics in them and the best they can offer is like 2 lockers for you to destroy, however they often have small, medium and large doors that are indicative of possible future content.

The amalgam boss is in the works and you can see part of the boss in the tileset of jupiter already.

Will they use these obscure and rare rooms and actually expand on them? not sure.

This only occurs in 1 specific tile. Same lab layout on any other tile doesn't show this sign. Either it is as you say, or there is something I've missed.

8 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

I’m not sure which room you’re talking about, but if you post some pics of it or what mission types it spawns on then I can clip through it for you

edit: also it looks like an omega. idk what that’s supposed to symbolize here though

https://youtu.be/YEH5Qn6x_yc?t=854

It's the tile in the video at 14:14

That is unique yes, but there are certain rare rooms that have like huge pipes that can be destroyed and they lead to a dead end, that dead end has 2 or 4 small doors, as if the room was intented to be connected that way to other rooms.

Like these there are a few more in the same situation where if you look at it from a design prespective, it's like the rooms hold something, but in the end in it's current state it's just a wall.

The one you found is interesting, likely a door that was abandoned during the tileset development and they forgot to remove the icon, either that or they might expand in the future

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

That is unique yes, but there are certain rare rooms that have like huge pipes that can be destroyed and they lead to a dead end, that dead end has 2 or 4 small doors, as if the room was intented to be connected that way to other rooms.

Like these there are a few more in the same situation where if you look at it from a design prespective, it's like the rooms hold something, but in the end in it's current state it's just a wall.

The one you found is interesting, likely a door that was abandoned during the tileset development and they forgot to remove the icon, either that or they might expand in the future

Hope it's the second if that's the case. More secret stuff is always fun.

Just now, swiftasacoursing said:

Had a peek and unfortunately there’s nothing to see. There’s actually very little space between that door and the wall of the big room. I would upload screenshots...but there’s nothing to see

Ah well, thanks for the effort!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

there are certain rare rooms that have like huge pipes that can be destroyed and they lead to a dead end, that dead end has 2 or 4 small doors, as if the room was intented to be connected that way to other rooms.

There's a Lore Frag somewhere at the end of one. Only reason they exist.

6 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

There's a Lore Frag somewhere at the end of one. Only reason they exist.

yes, there is a lore fragment, but it doesn't involve the pipes nor the doors, it's not the only room that seems to have been designed to have a purpose.

hmm... interesting.

I guess someone has tried overloading all the pillars in the main puzzle and seeing if something happens to this door? maybe its time related if it does do anything. 

My best guess is that if this actually does do something it would be like the symbol on the rock at cetus. Something but not actual content

Edited by beercritch

I have seen similar situations, OPs seems to be in one of the Secret Lab Inner Sections on a Corpus Gas City tile.  My crew and I encountered at least two more like that.  One icon was a V with a small vertical line in the center, the other was three vertical lines, the center one offset slightly higher than the others.  They all have the same orange wavering to that symbol as found on the original pad-locked door that leads to the Secret Lab door in the first place, indicating that there's Something about them that can unlock them potentially.

I'm guessing it's one of the Secret Lab Inner Rooms because at least one of the door I had was partially obscured by boxes and such, amongst which was the second purple locker.  The other was also a wide door like that.

9 hours ago, Kelnarn said:

I have seen similar situations, OPs seems to be in one of the Secret Lab Inner Sections on a Corpus Gas City tile.  My crew and I encountered at least two more like that.  One icon was a V with a small vertical line in the center, the other was three vertical lines, the center one offset slightly higher than the others.  They all have the same orange wavering to that symbol as found on the original pad-locked door that leads to the Secret Lab door in the first place, indicating that there's Something about them that can unlock them potentially.

I'm guessing it's one of the Secret Lab Inner Rooms because at least one of the door I had was partially obscured by boxes and such, amongst which was the second purple locker.  The other was also a wide door like that.

DF6B8B29E9B65A405CD1688764BB78D39B8E64DEThis one?

• 4 weeks later...

I went looking for answers but didnt find anything, here are my notes and the mission type I was checking onXFRfTTU.pngbase on naming from https://gameplay.tips/guides/4250-warframe.html for non captura tiles

the layouts of the rooms seemed consistent the overheads marked room seems to have a chance to sprout a tile but the door has heavy clip resistance its right hand door seemed more burnt than similar rooms. timing to open doesnt seem to affect contents (I was late for the lifts lab door once but it let me in anyway)

I gave blank rooms a good toss (preform all actions)  and turned up nothing. the round rooms seem to be missing a texture on one of the pedestals probably just an over sight

WPaWBoZ.jpgthe writing and numbers in the rooms all seem normal (hanger bay this, laboratory that) locker numbers in the correct order. most single player clips, and wukong clone stuff didnt work on doors including NPC abuse RI9aTVB.jpgmore testing needed but I dont think these markings mean anything just yet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-16 at 10:19 PM, beldjzerker999 said:

I went looking for answers but didnt find anything, here are my notes and the mission type I was checking onXFRfTTU.pngbase on naming from https://gameplay.tips/guides/4250-warframe.html for non captura tiles

the layouts of the rooms seemed consistent the overheads marked room seems to have a chance to sprout a tile but the door has heavy clip resistance its right hand door seemed more burnt than similar rooms. timing to open doesnt seem to affect contents (I was late for the lifts lab door once but it let me in anyway)

I gave blank rooms a good toss (preform all actions)  and turned up nothing. the round rooms seem to be missing a texture on one of the pedestals probably just an over sight

WPaWBoZ.jpgthe writing and numbers in the rooms all seem normal (hanger bay this, laboratory that) locker numbers in the correct order. most single player clips, and wukong clone stuff didnt work on doors including NPC abuse RI9aTVB.jpgmore testing needed but I dont think these markings mean anything just yet

Maybe they could play into the kuva lich system somehow. Like a code for ancient mods or something. Unless the liches are purely something to fight tenno, this'd make sense lorewise, since immortal grinneer are bad for business.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2019-09-19 at 4:45 PM, ViR6USfV said:

While opening some secret rooms, I've noticed that this sign appears on the door. This only happened in the tile with the 4 pillars you can overload. Any ideas/suggestions as to what this might be?CD8A1087501394B2DB7A0F914CA0257FEE970BAF

On 2019-09-19 at 4:51 PM, KIREEK said:

On 2019-09-20 at 12:55 AM, beercritch said:

hmm... interesting.

I guess someone has tried overloading all the pillars in the main puzzle and seeing if something happens to this door? maybe its time related if it does do anything. 

My best guess is that if this actually does do something it would be like the symbol on the rock at cetus. Something but not actual content

On 2019-09-21 at 4:27 AM, Kelnarn said:

On 2019-10-16 at 1:19 PM, beldjzerker999 said:

Sorry to zombify what looks like a long dead thread,
Been seeing on other sites and light research on the red door symbols that they may be corpus versions of Greek alphabet characters. Which is interesting in relation to Tau. 

Each of the red symbols may be corresponding to a Greek letter, so it may reference different amalgams, or in my own crazy theory it may be the archons, or future content or both in one way or another. Myself and a friend have tried to overload the 4 generators in the big rooms that (sometimes?) spawn, before and after opening the secret lab that (might?) spawn? No luck on any of the conditions or results. 

The Greek letters correspond with the rooms;  Satellites - Omega, Lifts - Psi, Overhead - Lambda/Delta/Alpha (possible hole in whole idea), Lava - Omicron/Theta.
maybe there are associated puzzles, enemies, or triggers elsewhere in the maps that could be related? Does anyone know if there are more symbols than we have found already?