Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 2.0

General_Durandal

14 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... maybe ^this^ is suggesting you to find a build of your own with what exists now...

That is what i'm using now.

~

14 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Also, you can't really compare anything that Vauban has now with its upcoming rework, because the only thing you have is a light showcase of it on a devstream... Which is shown against lvl20 enemies in Simulacrum.

Those enemies where level 20? And his new OP damage attack, didn't kill the weakest enemy in the game in one hit?
Well, now it looks even worse then before.

~

16 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Theories are fine, but you can't really decide anything until it comes out and you try it out yourself.

If his laser can't kill level 20 Butchers in one shot, then it won't kill anything in one shot. (meaning still a waste of mod spaces)
But, yes, we will see when the rework drops.

16 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

With max range, and Repelling, you can keep enemies out of some area(s), and pull them into others.
Max range 18 meter Vortex is great in a crowd, one cast, and one shot, room of enemies is dead.

I find max range build useful only for infested, but even then I'm only using vortex for that. When against ranged units they're spread out, especially in the bigger tiles.

16 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

You could Bastille enemies, then shoot them one at a time,
or you can Vortex enemies, and shoot them all in one Shotgun shot.

You don't need to shoot them one at a time if you have a explosive/aoe weapon like Ogris, Ignis, Lens, Pox, Staticor, etc. or just a long range melee like Tatsu or any whip.
Even if you were to shoot them it's fairly easy to just make quick work of them, even more so with punch through just speeding up the process.

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

I never said you said that.

it was implied.

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

I main Vauban, but please, explain how him needing power strength now is a good thing?

You said that hi m "needing" power strength like I said he needed it. I simply said he could have it and it benefits him.

------

As for the sarpa argument... you literally just repeated what I said you could do and missed the entire point. If a warframe has an ability to shred armor then if played correctly you don't need to have armor strip weapons. You can enhance the damage towards a more effective damage type. Plus the sarpa may reduce armor by a flat amount but some abilities when modded properly strip armor completely, not some mediocre amount. It's more effective but harder to pull off. That's what the play style centers around.

You may also say it's not good enough, but again, that's your opinion. I can't say if it performs better or worse because it depends on the skill and style of the player. What works great for other might not work for you. if it doesn't that's fine. if it does cool. I'm simply saying you're trashing a viable build just because it doesn't lend itself to you which is unfair. Granted I bash sound quake banshee's as unskilled heathens, but that's a fun joke as I know it's a perfectly viable method.

As for vortex compared to bastille, there are still benefits to both. Holding more enemies means more enemies are accessible to be damaged. Bastille also provides far single target damage as it leaves heads wide open for sharp shooters. Vortex doesn't do that and clumps everyone up. The new rework might also encourage more STR. Vortex and Bastille have different circumstantial uses.

On 2019-10-06 at 8:14 PM, Xico.xide said:

I find max range build useful only for infested, but even then I'm only using vortex for that. When against ranged units they're spread out, especially in the bigger tiles.

You don't need to shoot them one at a time if you have a explosive/aoe weapon like Ogris, Ignis, Lens, Pox, Staticor, etc. or just a long range melee like Tatsu or any whip.
Even if you were to shoot them it's fairly easy to just make quick work of them, even more so with punch through just speeding up the process.

All true ye, the weapons I main are Strun Wraith, Rattleguts, and Sancti Magistar though, no range mod on it to make room for the most damage per hit.
Sancti Magistar's charge attack has a healing pules which can be pretty useful.

On 2019-10-06 at 9:44 PM, Violet_Xe said:

snip

"Needing" as in after the rework, not before the rework.

You said "mod impact sarpa or corrosive" thought you said "for". Should have said Shattering instead of impact.
Sorry for the misread. I usually do both though.

Vauban's Shred mine can get 100% armor stripping atm, but it needs all 7 of the power strength mods.
Using 7 of your 10 mod slots just to remove enemy armor completely, doesn't seem like a good choice, 
when you can have any build you want, + armor striping melee, + heavy hitting gun.
Especially when newer enemies keep getting immunities to abilities.

The short of the matter, this rework hurts my main build, therefor i'm annoyed.
Will I find a new, better build? Maybe. If not i'll just keep using the same build but less efficiently.