Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help On Melee Weapons

StanicEnemy

Question

10 answers to this question

for loki? i dont see why it would be frame based.

Anyway.

Plenty.

But different weapons serve different purpose.

Orthos is great for fighting group of infested due to dmg bonus and multi hit type.

Reaper Prime/Hate is nice for crit/charge dmg builds.

I ADORE fang prime for animation and armor piercing.

Depends what you are looking for bro.

Edited by PiotrGracz

for loki? i dont see why it would be frame based.

Anyway.

Plenty.

But different weapons serve different purpose.

Orthos is great for fighting group of infested due to dmg bonus and multi hit type.

Reaper Prime/Hate is nice for crit/charge dmg builds.

I ADORE fang prime for animation and armor piercing.

Depends what you are looking for bro.

I'm looking for a melee weapon which can carry me all the time and worth to be used orkion catalyst.

I'm looking for a melee weapon which can carry me all the time and worth to be used orkion catalyst.

Well, its impossible to get that 1 best weapon.

Because there is no weapon like that

Orthos/prime are worth having for multi-enemy fighting. If you want just click n slash enemies, take this.

Reaper/Hate are great for charged attacks/crit builds. If you prefer to 1 shoot 1 enemy from behind using charge attack, take this 1.

Scindo is nice if you like great axe on your back. IF you do. this one is for you.

Fragor is best Jump + atack Knockdown Aoe. If you want it. take this 1

Fang Prime is neat for heavy armored enemies due to serrated blade. and looks insanely cool when you swing it. IF you want that experience. Take Fang Prime

Glaive/Kesterl are thrown weapons . Glaive has some fancy mods just released and can kill multiple enemies in 1 throw.

Kestrel does knockdown or just shoot enemy into wall on hit.

If you like what you have read, chose one of these,

If you still didnt get it, heres TL:DR

Theres no ultimate weapon.

While ANY can work for whole game, certain are better for some situations.

And honestly, forget about having just 1 weapon of each type.

You will get more.

You will want more.

Mark my words;D

I used my catalyst on Orthos. You just need to put mods the increases base attack, attack speed, charge speed, and charged attack power. 
What else is up to you. Then just spam charged attack for crowd clearing. Since Orthos charged attack is a whopping 200 damage, maxed killing blow gives +150% to charged attack, which means you deal 500 at this point. If you have Rending strike, use that too for extra charged damage and AP damage. Then Fury + Relfex Coil just so you can spam charged attack at a faster rate

At least that's what I'm using now xD

Currently trying to get Focus Energy to get more charge speed and damage. But I'm using an ice mod as I find that slowing down my enemies while melee-ing is helpful

Edited by SkyLagoon

Well, its impossible to get that 1 best weapon.

Because there is no weapon like that

Orthos/prime are worth having for multi-enemy fighting. If you want just click n slash enemies, take this.

Reaper/Hate are great for charged attacks/crit builds. If you prefer to 1 shoot 1 enemy from behind using charge attack, take this 1.

Scindo is nice if you like great axe on your back. IF you do. this one is for you.

Fragor is best Jump + atack Knockdown Aoe. If you want it. take this 1

Fang Prime is neat for heavy armored enemies due to serrated blade. and looks insanely cool when you swing it. IF you want that experience. Take Fang Prime

Glaive/Kesterl are thrown weapons . Glaive has some fancy mods just released and can kill multiple enemies in 1 throw.

Kestrel does knockdown or just shoot enemy into wall on hit.

If you like what you have read, chose one of these,

If you still didnt get it, heres TL:DR

Theres no ultimate weapon.

While ANY can work for whole game, certain are better for some situations.

And honestly, forget about having just 1 weapon of each type.

You will get more.

You will want more.

Mark my words;D

I used my catalyst on Orthos. You just need to put mods the increases base attack, attack speed, charge speed, and charged attack power. 

What else is up to you. Then just spam charged attack for crowd clearing. Since Orthos charged attack is a whopping 200 damage, maxed killing blow gives +150% to charged attack, which means you deal 500 at this point. If you have Rending strike, use that too for extra charged damage and AP damage. Then Fury + Relfex Coil just so you can spam charged attack at a faster rate

At least that's what I'm using now xD

Currently trying to get Focus Energy to get more charge speed and damage. But I'm using an ice mod as I find that slowing down my enemies while melee-ing is helpful

thank you guys I got it now, I will carry with my orthos then and ill use orikon catalyst on it

My first thought for Loki is... he is rather weak in the health and shield department.  You should go for some range, and with the new glaive mods, it is customizable.

My second thought for Loki is if not the glaive then a long range weapon, I suggest the Orthos with a charge attack build. Killing blow, reflex coil, focus energy, rending strike, reach, fury. It has a very fast charge attack speed and you can cleaves through infested like a hot knife through butter. 3X damage vs light infested.

My third thought for Loki is Dual Ether, they ignore armor, they stagger, they hit multiple targets and they are quite fast. 3X damage vs light infested.

After thought.   Think about this, if you are using melee, primarily you are using them against infested. No sane person rushes a large group of corpus or grineer and live to tell the tale. Dual Ichor has been raved about lately and said it may be the new best out there.

My preference. Orthos Prime.

taking in orthos WITH a Loki is one of the best experience i had on Crowd Infestation Defence. Why? because Loki's Invisibility enables melee weapon's crit chance to boost further where you'll get yellow 1.7k damage and even red crits every after 3-8 swings of orthos WITH a Crit Chance mod and Crit Damage Mod on full and especially the every-hit-is-a-crit for melee which is Invisibility, the ability of loki

*Edit*

Also, if you have killing blow (charge damage) and Reflex Coil (Charge speed, for higher dps) you'll deal those 1k+ damage often

Edited by HindMarauder