Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Surge In Rumors of Rhino Umbra

VotumPrime

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I have to wait until New War to see if that has any effect, because as it stands, my kid and my Opticor are just as effective, and way more efficient.

Hide contents

Since when did Rhino ever do the hero landing? The only Warframe I know of that does this is Wisp lol.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

His passive bruh. You land with the intensity of a megaton bomb when dropping from a high enough elevation. As if his abilities were lacking enough to where he needs a useful passive. 

You would think that his description of being the heaviest of all warframes would give him invulnerability to knockdown, but if I recall, they decided to give ideas meant for Rhino like his Charge ability to rework to Atlas's landslide back before Atlas came out. Heck a lot of ideas meant to improve Rhino went towards Atlas and other warframes and their augments. That's why nearly every warframe feels kind of like Rhino.

Edited by VotumPrime

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Since when did Rhino ever do the hero landing? The only Warframe I know of that does this is Wisp lol.

They all do superhero landings (jump from a high place, fall straight down), Rhino's is just more superhero-ish because he has the explosion that accompanies it too.

10 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Yep. They should just make it permanent or give us something else that's just as cool in a different sense. Like a permanent stat increase lol.

If they no longer created Umbra frames (which was stated from the start to not be a new series of frames), then permanent wouldn't necessarily be bad. I still have no interest in using them though since it's not really more efficient, even using your operator, than playing the frame to it's full benefit yourself. 

I'm not sure how I feel about a permanent stat increase just yet. 

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

They all do superhero landings (jump from a high place, fall straight down), Rhino's is just more superhero-ish because he has the explosion that accompanies it too.

Seriously? I see them land on their hands and feet though.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

If they no longer created Umbra frames (which was stated from the start to not be a new series of frames), then permanent wouldn't necessarily be bad. I still have no interest in using them though since it's not really more efficient, even using your operator, than playing the frame to it's full benefit yourself. 

I'm not sure how I feel about a permanent stat increase just yet. 

I'd feel pretty good about it. Permanent increase to armor, energy, ability strength, efficiency.

Edited by VotumPrime

40 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

From an out-of-universe perspective, although Excalibur is the poster-boy of Warframe, I feel like Rhino is a close second-place. He is the guy in the middle on Warframe's icon, after all. Rhino is fairly popular among a lot of people as far as I can tell, I'm sure most players would prefer "Rhino Umbra" over something else like "Mag Umbra."

There are 8 “Stalwart” frames that I feel should get Umbra Deluxe Treatment.  Rhino is one of them.

Not as Exciting as say, Volt Umbra, but hey, what ya gonna do? 😏

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, watch the video, it explains why that's a terrible idea.

I saw the video already but Rhino doesn't land like that.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Very poor center of gravity? 

It just seems like they made Rhino the heaviest of all warframes for no reason then lol.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

There are 8 “Stalwart” frames that I feel should get Umbra Deluxe Treatment.  Rhino is one of them.

Not as Exciting as say, Volt Umbra, but hey, what ya gonna do? 😏

I think only 3 other frames are likely. Rhino is one of them cause he has a codex entry in his Prime version and so is Ember and Mag. No other primed warframe has lore in its codex entry. So I think Rhino, Ember, and Mag might be getting their Umbra versions first.

I can see there being a Rhino Umbra based on his codex (lore) 

good stuff

"The beast squats down shoveling a heap of gore into his mouth" ..."its watching me with vague eyes, it rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the light and casting us into darkness" ...instant chills...

When the beast is calm out side the cell, This is where they keep them, said Davis, the ones from the Zairmen. What's the Zairmen? 

Rhino Umbra could be the beast. Would make sense. More so than Excalibur Umbra in my opinion. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

22 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

I'd feel pretty good about it. Permanent increase to armor, energy, ability strength, efficiency.

Survival stats like Armor and Health, maybe. Unless you can only use the item once per frame.

DE won't let you start stacking permanent offensive stats to increase power creep. And I'm not sure they even should, considering how much variation in effectiveness there already is between frames. 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

As of the Sacrifice, we now know that was the original attempt at making Rhino, in other words, an Umbra.

Can't remember anything in the Sacrifice talking about Rhino. Could you give me a hint?

And Umbra Frames, when looking at Excalibur Umbra, aren't really "first attempts" at making them. Excalibur Umbra was a Rogue Warframe made by Ballas without permission from the Orokin leaders.
Warframes were already a thing when Ballas made Excal Umbra.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Can't remember anything in the Sacrifice talking about Rhino. Could you give me a hint?

And Umbra Frames, when looking at Excalibur Umbra, aren't really "first attempts" at making them. Excalibur Umbra was a Rogue Warframe made by Ballas without permission from the Orokin leaders.

This.  SO MUCH THIS.  People don’t realize that in the timeline of Warframe development, the particular strain used to create Excal Umbra  was something Ballas utilized purely out of malice, and not because of where frames were in terms of weaponized development.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

In the Vitruvian, we learn that, prior to the Tenno showing up, the first attempt at Warframes were basically 'tamed' (heavy airquotes) infested - independent infested organisms that were used as a weapon against the sentients, but were uncontrollable until the Tenno's innate transference was shown to be able to override their will.

In the Rhino Prime codex entry, we see a monster, that seems to possess Warframe abilities, and gets its will overrideded by a room full of Tenno. That entity shares most of its traits with the suggested pre-Tenno Warframes, so it's probably one. QED.

As for the 'Umbra' moniker - it's just a good way to distinguish normal frames from independent frames. It's not entirely unreasonable that Excalibur Umbra was made in the same way the other prototype frames were, and that's good enough to use it as a descriptor, considering most are entirely speculative anyway.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

My perception based on the Rhino Prime codex is they spoke of a untamed beast with a mouth and eyes. To me that translates into Rhino Umbra material right there. No need to bring up the Vitruvian lore. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:
  Hide contents

They are almost exactly the same, the only difference being that Warframes put both hands down, while superheroes only put one hand down.

I think landing on all fours reduces impact lol.

Btw is that you?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Survival stats like Armor and Health, maybe. Unless you can only use the item once per frame.

DE won't let you start stacking permanent offensive stats to increase power creep. And I'm not sure they even should, considering how much variation in effectiveness there already is between frames. 

Sure. Maybe by 1 point per an item? People would farm regularly if it means a permanent stat increase in anything.

1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

I think landing on all fours reduces impact lol.

Eh, they make up for it by being insanely heavy.

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Btw is that you?

As in playing the game? Yeah, recorded that short clip just to prove a pointless point on the internet.

So just assumptions. Thank God. I thought I missed something.

So far we don't know what 'Umbra' is referring to. Maybe to being sentient, eg having no Tenno. Maybe to being made without Orokin Leaders knowing about the production.

But as it stands there is nothing in the game hinting to another Umbra Frame. The game only talks about a Warframe without a Tenno going rampage. And that happened long before Excal Umbras 'birth'. Before his birth the Orokin developed the neural link to control the beasts that Warframes are.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Eh, they make up for it by being insanely heavy.

As in playing the game? Yeah, recorded that short clip just to prove a pointless point on the internet.

*stalks*

Warframes don't feel pain though.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

So just assumptions. Thank God. I thought I missed something.

So far we don't know what 'Umbra' is referring to. Maybe to being sentient, eg having no Tenno. Maybe to being made without Orokin Leaders knowing about the production.

But as it stands there is nothing in the game hinting to another Umbra Frame. The game only talks about a Warframe without a Tenno going rampage. And that happened long before Excal Umbras 'birth'. Before his birth the Orokin developed the neural link to control the beasts that Warframes are.

Remember the Virtruvian entry of subject 9? Looks to me that there will be 9 Umbra frames.

1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

Warframes don't feel pain though.

I mean, the point is not feeling pain, the point is that you'll break every bone and tear every muscle in your body if you're stupid enough to do that while you have that weight. Even if they're immune to pain, they're not immune to turning into jelly just cause they wanted to look cool once.

4 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

*stalks*

*polishes Opticor* Go ahead!