Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Surge In Rumors of Rhino Umbra

VotumPrime

26 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, the point is not feeling pain, the point is that you'll break every bone and tear every muscle in your body if you're stupid enough to do that while you have that weight. Even if they're immune to pain, they're not immune to turning into jelly just cause they wanted to look cool once.

*polishes Opticor* Go ahead!

My clan leader subscribed to you too now lol.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Or maybe other 'forbidden' stuff the Orokin Leaders didn't know about and were done in secret. Or maybe the Vitruvian won't play a role anymore.

Maybe Davis and friend's pet project. I wanted to see how that story ends with the proto-Rhino and the operator possessing it.

6 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

I'm hearing talks and rumors about Rhino Umbra very often in-game. Stuff like how he will have 10 second absorption time on his Iron Skin instead of the usual 3 and a Roar ability that strips Sentient Immunity like Excalibur Umbra's Howl, a Charge ability that explodes on impact and strips away armor while being usable vertical like Excalibur's Slash Dash, and Stomp ability that does something entirely different, somehow making him the best tank to use against the Sentient. These are the things that I have been hearing over the past month.

My question is; Why Rhino Umbra of all the frames that could be Umbra?...

This is the first time I've even heard that there are rumors of it happening. So a rumor of a rumor...

Hey, I would love to see it happen but even if it is in development I bet money it's a LONG way off considering he isnt officially even mentioned yet.

6 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

I also found this while searching lol:

aAX3VZM.jpg?1

100% accurate lmao.

Thats how I felt when I realized it was pointless to play with Excal prime as long as umbra is around. Still trying to get a couple of more umbral modes for my excal so I can mod him exactly like umbra. But then, there is also the scarf.

RIP excal prime.

Edited by White_Matter

why the hell people keep thinking umbra was the first warframe? that doesn't make sense, when ballas talks about it in the sacrifice quest he refers to all warframes not just umbra, primes where the first ones to be made, primes are the prototypes, umbras are basically "death by warframetization" victims

so the rhino codex entry is talking about RHINO PRIME, there's no rhino umbra, and if there was one it wasn't a prototype at all

Edited by Toppien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Why? I don't make videos.

Well if it's his usual pattern, he's gonna try to recruit you.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This is the first time I've even heard that there are rumors of it happening. So a rumor of a rumor...

Hey, I would love to see it happen but even if it is in development I bet money it's a LONG way off considering he isnt officially even mentioned yet.

You're probably right.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I'd love rhino umbra.

If they give him a bloody scarf though........

I heard he's going to be completely naked with nothing but a loincloth and a beast-like gorilla stance.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Badger said:

as for the echoes of umbra thing... I like the idea, but I was hoping for a reveal on the next nightwave that forma'ing the same frame with 3 umbra forma would give it the Umbra passive... oh well, another missed opportunity, I guess. 

I still don't know what they plan to do with that. The devs are still in Japan I think. Hopefully the Japanese Tenno can give DE so incredible anime inspired ideas, cause that place is a plethora of unique ideas.

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

why the hell people keep thinking umbra was the first warframe? that doesn't make sense, when ballas talks about it in the sacrifice quest he refers to all warframes not just umbra, primes where the first ones to be made, primes are the prototypes, umbras are basically "death by warframetization" victims

so the rhino codex entry is talking about RHINO PRIME, there's no rhino umbra, and if there was one it wasn't a prototype at all

Nobody thinks that. Only you think people think that. Heck Excalibur wasn't even the first Warframe. Apparently, he is subject 9.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If that's the case dont bother wasting your time. Wait for something from the horse's mouth. 

Who's the horse?

8 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Their abilities are effective against Sentient. Think of Excalibur Umbra as the best DPS Warframe against the Sentient while Rhino Umbra is the best Tank against the Sentient.

You can kill even a level 200 conculyst easily using only your operator, the only advantage are the umbra mods.

Just now, bibmobello said:

You can kill even a level 200 conculyst easily using only your operator, the only advantage are the umbra mods.

Nah you can kill 200 level 300 conculyst easily with only Paracesis and a riven. 

But I think the slight advantage that the Umbra series will provide against Sentients will go a long way. Having the 8 vanilla frames become Umbra is a good way of keeping them relevant.

Just now, VotumPrime said:

Nah you can kill 200 level 300 conculyst easily with only Paracesis and a riven. 

But I think the slight advantage that the Umbra series will provide against Sentients will go a long way. Having the 8 vanilla frames become Umbra is a good way of keeping them relevant.

I think you don't have magnus lockdown...

Just now, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Probably ment followed you in the forums? I dunno

Nah. Gabby never posts anything interesting or makes exciting threads on the forums. I only follow entertaining characters on the forums.

Which reminds me- I should make my next lore thread.

2 hours ago, Toppien said:

Excal Umbra wasn't the first frame (duh) but Primes are also death by Warframisation. The Vitruvian says pretty explicitly that all Warframe's are made from people originally, not just Excal Umbra. These are the Primes - the original Warframes. In a sense, Umbra IS an Excalibur Prime (an Orokin-made, original Excalibur), but one made later than the others and in a manner more similar to the original prototypes, so Ballas could get him to kill Isaah without having to rope a Tenno into it and potentially reveal his betrayal early.

Generally speaking, if people refer to an 'Umbra' they usually are referring to it as a Warframe independent of a Tenno, which may include the primes prior to whatever measures the Orokin took to purge their free will after discovering the Tenno. This includes the prototype, pre-Tenno Warframes.

25 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Well if it's his usual pattern, he's gonna try to recruit you.

To a clan? Kinda hard since I am in one already. ...I might be willing to switch if your dojo has that 2B we've seen on Devstream.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

Probably ment followed you in the forums? I dunno

That's even worse! Have you seen the sh*t I post? XD

4 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Nah. Gabby never posts anything interesting or makes exciting threads on the forums. I only follow entertaining characters on the forums.

Exactly! I dunno why I even have one follower here.