Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could choose a frame and/or weapon to cut, which would you choose?

houselyrander

I wanna know which frames and weapons you feel just make the game worse and/or exist purely for Mastery. This would obviously exclude things like the MK1 weapons or other low Mastery requirement weapons since they are at least something for new players to use. I would prefer we also consider Prime and other variants of weapons and frames as the same to cut down on redundancy. I wanna know which frames and weapons you couldn't even be paid to use and/or that you wish other players wouldn't use. Frames and/or weapons that, if they suddenly disappeared from the game only to be replaced by a universal gift of Mastery, you would respond with "And nothing of value was lost". For my 2 Plat...

Frame: Nyx
Nyx's shtick of controlling enemies always felt gimmicky and weak to me even by the standards of CC in this nuke filled meta. Mind Control is her only hard CC and it only stops 1 enemy (who just shoots the floor), while Chaos doesn't prevent you from being targeted. Her other abilities feel rather limited as well. Psychic Bolts feels too transient and limited to work as a reliable armor stripper, and Absorb suffers from the same issue that Oldkong did in that surviving is not contributing (and at least Oldkong could shoot). Even in missions where CC is still good (Mobile Defense and Interception) she's still bad because again, Mind Control is her only hard CC. I also hate being on a team with her because most missions seem to take longer with her due to the enemies that need to die running off in every direction.

Primary: Veldt
Semi-Auto Rifles are generally bad due to have a lot of the issues Snipers have with none of the benefits but all of the others have SOME excuse for existing. The Latron at least has low MR and crafting requirements so a new player could use it as a faux-Sniper. The Grinlock at least has a Prisma variant that can function as a decent Status Rifle (or hybrid with Deadly Sequence). The Veldt just has a pathetic zoom to remind you that you could be using a real Sniper.

Secondary: Stug
Normally, I give a lot of bad gimmick weapons a pass for at least trying something different. I can forgive weapons like the Dark Sword or Plinx for at least not being just another Sword or Pistol. I don't even hate the Ogris that much since Nightwatch Napalm at least makes enemies thrash hilariously. The Stug is simply so bad and ugly that I can't even give it credit for being unique. The self damage sucks (naturally), the damage to enemies is pathetic, it's useless as a Corrosive weapon due to its dreadful Status (and it can't proc except on the explosion), it fires way too slow, the blobs combining goes against every player instinct to hammer the head, it's inaccurate, it's short range, and everything from the weapon to its projectiles are just ugly, ugly, UGLY!!! Having a teammate use it is awful as well because you're constantly getting spooged on and turning into a hazard for your teammate that can barely see said teammates because for some reason it seems to make my screen go nuts when the blobs burst on me.

Melee: Machete
The Machete is so bad it's pretty much a meme. Machete weapons are universally weak and slow, Sundering Weave is awful, Cyclone Kraken is annoying to get, and they almost always all look bad to boot. Machete and its Wraith variant take the cake for me not just for being bad even for Machetes, but for diluting Login Rewards and Baro's stock with the standard variant and Wraith variant respectively. I could have gotten a Platinum discount or a Booster or a nice Prisma, but no, I got this waste of space.

But what about you guys? Given the choice, what would you cut and why?

Oberon, Tigris family, Zylok, Machete. Oberon cause he sucks, Tigris cause duplex-auto sucks, Zylok cause ditto, and Machete cause it's worthless. Or...

Oberon, Tigris family, Kitguns, Zaws. Oberon and Tigris, see above, Kitguns cause they're horrible looking and too ridiculously overpowered, Zaws cause see Kitguns.

I don't think any frame or weapon should be removed outright but if I HAD TO choose a frame and a weapon from each category:

Frame: Nyx. As OP said, there's an inherent problem with CC frames in this game and Nyx isn't particularly great even in that.

Melee: Machete. The entire category is rather pointless, they basically combine swords and daggers without the good qualities of either.  Might as well just merge them with swords and also buff their stats to match.

Secondary: Either Stug or Viper/Twin Vipers. Probably Stug because at least Vipers are can be 'so bad it's good' -kind of fun when you slap a Riven on them while the Stug is just... so bad it's bad.

Primary: Hind. Looks bad, sounds bad, is bad.

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Oberon, Tigris family, Zylok, Machete. Oberon cause he sucks, Tigris cause duplex-auto sucks, Zylok cause ditto, and Machete cause it's worthless. Or...

Oberon, Tigris family, Kitguns, Zaws. Oberon and Tigris, see above, Kitguns cause they're horrible looking and too ridiculously overpowered, Zaws cause see Kitguns.

I agree 100% with you that Duplex is annoying any terrible (and that's coming from someone who used to have the Tigris as his favorite weapon) but I'm curious what you think is actually wrong with Oberon. He's my most played frame and he seems like a decent generalist/support for most groups (especially pubbing) and his carpets feel like they're practically required when pubbing Eidolon hunts. Or is this another Mag meme? I heard he was really bad before all of his buffs.

23 minutes ago, Plushy said:

😧 Nyx is my favorite!

You know what? I choose your favorite frame and weapon to get cut. >:c

*clings to Broberon* You can have my goatboy when you pry him from my cold dead hands! In all seriousness though, if you actually like Nyx, more power to you (so long as you aren't spamming Max Range Chaos on Hydron anyway)

22 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

*Laughs in Ember*

i cri evrytiem

Edited by houselyrander

Khora. Reason being that strangledome just annoys everyone else in the squad by making enemies harder to, the rest of her kit is also rather lackluster, whipclaw is only really a half decent DPS skill when it has a top tier riven and even then as far as DPS goes there are far better options that don't irritate your entire team.

2 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

I'm curious what you think is actually wrong with Oberon.

I don't exactly remember what I found to be wrong with him, I think I blocked him out of my mind completely, I just remember having a really, really bad time with that frame, which is why he's the only frame in this game I can actually say I hate. It may be because he doesn't work in solo mode, cause I remember being really annoyed that none of his abilities gave you the option to GTFO if the situation got too hot, which all other frames, regardless of how bad, allowed for. I dunno if that was pre-rework or post rework (if Oberon Prime was the rework, then it was post), but none of Oberon's abilities allowed me to play the game in a way I enjoyed. So I absolutely despise the frame. Whereas with other support frames, I just find them to be useless, I can always find at least one redeeming thing about them, but with Oberon, I cannot think of any redeeming qualities (bar that sweet Deluxe skin, but that's cheating). It's just a horrible frame for how I play, so for all intents and purposes, I would not miss it one bit were it to be removed.

5 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

In all seriousness though, if you actually like Nyx, more power to you (so long as you aren't spamming Max Range Chaos on Hydron anyway)

I'm a non discriminatory chaos spreader. I use max range chaos everywhere! 😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I don't exactly remember what I found to be wrong with him, I think I blocked him out of my mind completely, I just remember having a really, really bad time with that frame, which is why he's the only frame in this game I can actually say I hate. It may be because he doesn't work in solo mode, cause I remember being really annoyed that none of his abilities gave you the option to GTFO if the situation got too hot, which all other frames, regardless of how bad, allowed for. I dunno if that was pre-rework or post rework (if Oberon Prime was the rework, then it was post), but none of Oberon's abilities allowed me to play the game in a way I enjoyed. So I absolutely despise the frame. Whereas with other support frames, I just find them to be useless, I can always find at least one redeeming thing about them, but with Oberon, I cannot think of any redeeming qualities (bar that sweet Deluxe skin, but that's cheating). It's just a horrible frame for how I play, so for all intents and purposes, I would not miss it one bit were it to be removed.

Did you run him with Rage and/or Hunter's Adrenaline? He has energy issues without it but has massive sustainability with it thanks to Hallowed Ground+Renewal. If you mostly play Solo then I can totally get why you'd hate playing him because his best quality is his sustainability and ability to act as an all rounder Support/CC in groups. His damage is also mostly percentage and armor stripping based which puts him in an awkward position where he can bully lvl 120 Heavy Gunners but can struggle against lvl 1 Heavy Gunners.

2 minutes ago, Plushy said:

I'm a non discriminatory chaos spreader. I use max range chaos everywhere! 😄

That's so... evil! No, worse than evil... that's Limbo Cataclysm+Stasis spamming!

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for

Frame: honestly, none of the frames really need to be removed. Any problem I have with any frame exists somewhere else. If I can go with an abstract concept related to it - frames which can 'win' by pressing a few buttons and turning off the AI, or turning off dying or just killing everything... I don't mind that in concept, but in terms of it being accessible with a few button presses rather than engaging with the actual game.

Primary: Ignis. Including the Wraith Variant. I really want to know what the concept for this weapon was in the design phase, particularly the Wraith. "Hey so, y'know flamethrowers? Everyone likes Flamethrowers. What if we made a flamethrower, but removed almost all of the weapon type's inherent weaknesses that prevent them from choking the weapon variety? Give it more range than most of the weapons in its class first, alongside more range than most of an entire other class of weapon (shotguns). Then, make it so that it has both a large area for the primary damage beam plus another wide area splash effect whenever it hits! Also, lets make sure it does very good damage for its class, it is a flamethrower after all. Oooh, and what if we made it very ammo efficient as well?"

If it's possible for a weapon to be a Mary Sue, Ignis Wraith is it.

Secondary: It's popular to say Kitguns, and honestly I see the point. A lot of what I say about Ignis can apply to them if you play your cards right.

Melee: Hey, remember what I said about how Ignis Wraith removes all the inherent weaknesses of its weapon type, without also limiting its strength? Well, literally any long range melee weapon comes under this category. Because 15 metres is a perfectly acceptable melee range.

Can you sense a pattern here? Pretty much, I don't like anything that doesn't encourage gameplay, and since limitation is the mother of invention, and invention a large part of replayable gameplay. And since Warframe is 80% replayability, yeah, I don't feel like one-size-fits-all solutions are good for the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Sorry Oberon sucks?
He has the best general healing in the game, can revive you instantly (phoenix renewal), and can tank better than even Chroma!

Agreed on the Duplex-auto though. Should really just be a semi auto doing 2 blasts, or firing both barrels at once.

• Like 1

Revenant: Because he never should have been released with the powers he has now. Like seriously how would people like it if DE were making Gauss and calling him the fast frame but then he releases none of his abilities have anything to do with going fast. Replace fast with Eidolons and you got Revenant. Also he is easily one of the worst frames in the game, so this whole compromise of theme served no benefit to him whatsoever.

#RevenantIsTrash

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Just now, houselyrander said:

Primary: Veldt
Semi-Auto Rifles are generally bad due to have a lot of the issues Snipers have with none of the benefits but all of the others have SOME excuse for existing. The Latron at least has low MR and crafting requirements so a new player could use it as a faux-Sniper. The Grinlock at least has a Prisma variant that can function as a decent Status Rifle (or hybrid with Deadly Sequence). The Veldt just has a pathetic zoom to remind you that you could be using a real Sniper.

What's your favorite weapon?  That's what I'd remove, you monster.  😛

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Limbo - no need to explain it

Not a specific weapon, but Rivens - unnecessary band-aid to not fixing subpar weapons.

Limbo? Who do you use to open rivens 😆 that say complete defense without objective taking damage? Ok, I see you don't like rivens,  that's fine..

What about 3 rounds of Index without enemy scoring?

I use Limbo to break open every canister in in the room and multiple floors to find sculptures, caches, medallions without worrying about killing enemies.

I don't know who I would use to replace him. 

I say keep everything. Reworks do happen. Plus I need MR 28..

warframes i dont like:

Nyx(always meh), chroma(only usefull against eidolon but in general sux), valkyr(tank but not usefull very meh warframe), and garuda(not interesting).

Primary weapons:

paris prime/normal

komorex (facking horrible crap shiit)!

simulor(because the new effects, affects our eyes a lot!) PS: Can you DE back the original FX please? -.-

Convectrix(dont need to say anything right?)

zhuge/zhuge prime(boring a lot and prime version with self damage? -.-

Secondary:

Brakk(very bad weapon...split too much!)

knell(ugly and uninteresting)

twin vipers/wraith(very low ammo and very small in our hands)

plinx(uninteresting weapon)

Melee:

All versions of destreza, BO, kogake, tekko, korrudo, endura, machete, scindo, furax, ankyros...the list is big!

Robotic:

Death cube, wyrm and all moas...very uselles...same to kubrow.

Frame: Ember became so weak, that I haven't seen an Ember player for over a year!

Primary:

Secondary: Zylok - a pretty disappointing weapon with a crappy firing mode copied from Tigris shotguns.

Melee: Dark Sword - there are basically no good thing about this weapon, every stat is crap, radiation is the only damage type.

Frame: Frost-  walk right in front of you while you're shooting and just stand there, the frame. Snow globe has all this disadvantages of Limbo's Cataclysm, but no boost to energy Regen, stopping enemies takes an augment but only works half the time, it doesn't deal damage, the default color is near invisible in bad lighting, shooting it triggers self-damaging weapons, and they'll vomit out six of those bubbles, which don't go away on their own. And the frame doesn't have the alternate reality gimmicks. AND somehow people think they're helping, despite 95% of their play being indistinguishable from active trolling.

Primary- Velocitus (that's the archgun Lanka, right?) Charge time, travel time, no AoE, and you have to worry about both you & the target moving in three dimensions.

Secondary- Stug. See above.

Melee- machete. See above.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Primary: Ignis. Including the Wraith Variant. I really want to know what the concept for this weapon was in the design phase, particularly the Wraith. "Hey so, y'know flamethrowers? Everyone likes Flamethrowers. What if we made a flamethrower, but removed almost all of the weapon type's inherent weaknesses that prevent them from choking the weapon variety? Give it more range than most of the weapons in its class first, alongside more range than most of an entire other class of weapon (shotguns). Then, make it so that it has both a large area for the primary damage beam plus another wide area splash effect whenever it hits! Also, lets make sure it does very good damage for its class, it is a flamethrower after all. Oooh, and what if we made it very ammo efficient as well?"

Why stop at Ignis? Throw Amprex and Glaxion on that pile of weapons too.

They're fun vacuums for everyone but the weapon user. Nothing worse than playing a random pug with someone using one of those 3. Sometimes I bring my heavily forma'd Glaxion Vandal to a random pug and pull it out when someone else has an Amprex or Ignis Wraith... just to shove the fun vacuum back in their face.