Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could choose a frame and/or weapon to cut, which would you choose?

houselyrander

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Why stop at Ignis? Throw Amprex and Glaxion on that pile of weapons too.

They're fun vacuums for everyone but the weapon user. Nothing worse than playing a random pug with someone using one of those 3. Sometimes I bring my heavily forma'd Glaxion Vandal to a random pug and pull it out when someone else has an Amprex or Ignis Wraith... just to shove the fun vacuum back in their face.

Indeed. Well, at least Glaxion Vandal just has the blast radius (and the regular versions just works as normal) but I can see how it could achieve the same effect.. But I don't particularly have experience with either, past the initial levelling of Glaxion Vandal, which is why I didn't call them out.

Larkspur also technically falls into this category, but that gets a pass because... well, it's an Arch-gun. It's supposed to be a kind of 'ultimate', since in theory its limitation is that it can't be used all the time. Personally, I feel like they've made them a bit too available over time, but that's another kettle of fish.

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed. Well, at least Glaxion Vandal just has the blast radius (and the regular versions just works as normal) but I can see how it could achieve the same effect.. But I don't particularly have experience with either, past the initial levelling of Glaxion Vandal, which is why I didn't call them out.

Larkspur also technically falls into this category, but that gets a pass because... well, it's an Arch-gun. It's supposed to be a kind of 'ultimate', since in theory its limitation is that it can't be used all the time. Personally, I feel like they've made them a bit too available over time, but that's another kettle of fish.

I have a 100% status Gas/Cold build of Glaxion Vandal with punch through and purposefully higher Gas damage so that status is more likely to apply Gas. It melts crowds of almost anything up to Sortie levels, independent of faction. If I care about faction, I replace the punch through mod with a Primed Bane of the <Faction> to get quadratically scaled gas status damage (Bane mods multiplicatively apply *twice* for Toxin/Gas/Slash/Heat status damage).

This obviously won't scale... but yeah, it's a true fun vacuum.

Edited by nslay
Clarify status damage

7 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Oberon, Tigris family, Zylok, Machete. Oberon cause he sucks, Tigris cause duplex-auto sucks, Zylok cause ditto, and Machete cause it's worthless. Or...

Oberon, Tigris family, Kitguns, Zaws. Oberon and Tigris, see above, Kitguns cause they're horrible looking and too ridiculously overpowered, Zaws cause see Kitguns.

What have you got against oberon my dude

After a year of playing, i would not cut anything from the game.

Why?, The item gives a reason to have gamers complain about something. If you remove that, they will have to find something else to cut from the game until the famous phrase from highlander, there can be only one.

8 hours ago, Plushy said:

😧 Nyx is my favorite!

You know what? I choose your favorite frame and weapon to get cut. >:c

Nyx is my favorite as well but damn she needs some love. It's a shame because her deluxe skin is the best in the game or at least close to it. I'm hoping she gets a rework that's more than just Psychic Bolts. 

Here is what I'd cut out of the game.

Warframe - Limbo, I have never been in a group where the Limbo player didn't annoy me to no end. Either give him a rework or get rid of the bastard. 

Primary - Wraith/Amprex, the hold the button to clear the whole room weapons.

Secondary - I haven't ran into many secondaries that really annoy me.

Melee - No melee weapon has really got on my nerves, it's the mods that are the real issue here.

Edited by VanosPrime

18 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant: Because he never should have been released with the powers he has now. Like seriously how would people like it if DE were making Gauss and calling him the fast frame but then he releases none of his abilities have anything to do with going fast. Replace fast with Eidolons and you got Revenant. Also he is easily one of the worst frames in the game, so this whole compromise of theme served no benefit to him whatsoever.

#RevenantIsTrash

I'm still wondering what he's even supposed to be used for other than maybe Index

18 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

What's your favorite weapon?  That's what I'd remove, you monster.  😛

Uhhh... The Wolf Sledge! Totally! I'm totally not saying that because I think the Wolf is so boring that I treat him like Lord of Dorkness whenever someone troll beacons him in! (I should reread Elf Only Inn)

12 hours ago, VanosPrime said:

Nyx is my favorite as well but damn she needs some love. It's a shame because her deluxe skin is the best in the game or at least close to it. I'm hoping she gets a rework that's more than just Psychic Bolts.

Nyx Deluxe is poetry in motion, just a shame it's stuck on a frame more outdated than the boomer trainface

• Like 3

22 hours ago, houselyrander said:

I wanna know which frames and weapons you feel just make the game worse and/or exist purely for Mastery. This would obviously exclude things like the MK1 weapons or other low Mastery requirement weapons since they are at least something for new players to use.

None of them...The things that, objectively, make the game worse for all come in the form of mods, attribute stacking, and the general lack of DR as it relates to modding.

Also, the MK-1 gear all needs to be removed and just be replaced with their normal variants.

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

Remove guass he has the distinction of being only frame without a useful ability.

Redline can make Gram Prime a viable choice without an attack speed riven. It’s super enjoyable to watch this massive weapon be swung around like a toothpick.

Kinetic Plating is a good tank ability

and Mach Rush is great fun while also being a great movement ability.

Seriously he’s top tier and all he has to do is go fast.

22 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant: Because he never should have been released with the powers he has now. Like seriously how would people like it if DE were making Gauss and calling him the fast frame but then he releases none of his abilities have anything to do with going fast. Replace fast with Eidolons and you got Revenant. Also he is easily one of the worst frames in the game, so this whole compromise of theme served no benefit to him whatsoever.

#RevenantIsTrash

Revenant was originally pitched as a Vampire frame with Eidolon styling. His internal name was Vlad for Pete's sake... When he was shown off on the first devstream the "community feedback" was to lean him further into Eidolon. That went well...

So in the end we did not get a vampire Warframe or an Eidolon Warframe, just some weird mush of abilities that technically work together but has no real gameplay style.

... but Chroma is still by far the worst designed Warframe though. A Warframe being able to make big number doesn't mean it is good, it means it is just a tool. Chroma much like Revenent fails to live up to both of his design archetypes (Dragon and Knight) but at least Revenant has some interesting concepts with his abilities.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Revenant was originally pitched as a Vampire frame with Eidolon styling. His internal name was Vlad for Pete's sake... When he was shown off on the first devstream the "community feedback" was to lean him further into Eidolon. That went well...

So in the end we did not get a vampire Warframe or an Eidolon Warframe, just some weird mush of abilities that technically work together but has no real gameplay style

If they were going to go for an Eidolon design for a frame the. They shouldn’t have put vampire **** in him. Not only does it make his ability set a complete mess, but it basically renders his lore completely pointless.

”This Frame was trapped in the sentient realm for thousands of years. Slowly being corrupted by their energy”

”Oh that sounds neat. What did he get out of it?”

”Vampire powers”

”Wh-what?”

”Vampire.....Powers”

”So you create this lore of a sentient corrupted frame”

”Yep”

”And completely ignored all of that for vampire powers”

”Yep”

“That’s the single stupidest thing I’ve ever heard”

”You can one shot enemies with a very clunky and poorly designed synergy”

”OMG SHINY I LOVE IT!”

Revenant in a nutshell. One of the worst examples of frame design and all that gets excused by community members over a ****ing one shot mechanic that isn’t even that good.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If they were going to go for an Eidolon design for a frame the. They shouldn’t have put vampire **** in him. Not only does it make his ability set a complete mess, but it basically renders his lore completely pointless.

I prefer to think of him as having been an Orokin themed frame before getting corrupted just to maintain my sanity, the same way Valkyr used to be a cat before Alad V skinned her alive. Because honestly, pretty much all of his kit except for Danse seems to be about keeping him insulated from any real danger by exploiting others, which is more Orokin/Corrupted than Sentient/Eidolon. That might even have been cool thematically if it was intentional or mechanically if his kit wasn't so dysfunctional.

6 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

I prefer to think of him as having been an Orokin themed frame before getting corrupted just to maintain my sanity, the same way Valkyr used to be a cat before Alad V skinned her alive. Because honestly, pretty much all of his kit except for Danse seems to be about keeping him insulated from any real danger by exploiting others, which is more Orokin/Corrupted than Sentient/Eidolon. That might even have been cool thematically if it was intentional or mechanically if his kit wasn't so dysfunctional.

Orokin isn’t really a viable theme for a frame. For multiple reasons. And there’s no shame in just accepting that Revenants theme makes no sense because it literally makes no sense.