Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entropy flight not working while dual wield with secondary

DraekoSilver

While using the kestrel and my kitgun, the entropy flight mod does not gain affinity. As such, the effect does not work.

As the main selling point of glavies is the dual wielding and the main selling point of the kestrel is the entropy mod, it would be rather silly if this was anything other than a bug.

Its its supposed to be this way, I want my blue potato back :angry:

Edited by DraekoSilver

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Well to be fair, you equip your secondary and gain access to your glaive, not the other way around. So your secondary weapon takes precedent as far as syndicate explosion effects are concerned. 

Not saying it couldn't be changed for the better (unless it can't for technical reasons) but it makes sense that it works the way it does mechanically.

Best case scenario for a change seems to be: When dual wielding, if your secondary has a syndicate effect, it will use that. If it doesn't, it checks if you have a syndicate effect on your melee and uses that instead.

As for refunds... you won't get one on the forums, you'll have to submit a ticket (and it'll take weeks).

Edited by rapt0rman

4 hours ago, [DE]Tweep said:

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

Using the kestrel on its own (quick melee while using primary weapon) works fine. Its when you switch to the secondary and it starts dual wielding that's when it stops gaining affinity.

The kestrel only finished building this morning, this is the first time I have used the kestrel and the mod together.

https://imgur.com/a/0xIiLFg

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

Well to be fair, you equip your secondary and gain access to your glaive, not the other way around. So your secondary weapon takes precedent as far as syndicate explosion effects are concerned. 

Not saying it couldn't be changed for the better (unless it can't for technical reasons) but it makes sense that it works the way it does mechanically.

Best case scenario for a change seems to be: When dual wielding, if your secondary has a syndicate effect, it will use that. If it doesn't, it checks if you have a syndicate effect on your melee and uses that instead.

As for refunds... you won't get one on the forums, you'll have to submit a ticket (and it'll take weeks).

But the flight speed still works. Why is half the mod still working if its not a bug? Surely if it was a feature, the WHOLE mod would not function.

Also its not a case of "only mods that effect the weapon its self work while dual wielding", because of drifting contact still working.

1 hour ago, DraekoSilver said:

But the flight speed still works. Why is half the mod still working if its not a bug? Surely if it was a feature, the WHOLE mod would not function.

Also its not a case of "only mods that effect the weapon its self work while dual wielding", because of drifting contact still working.

Flight speed and combo duration are just regular stats, there's no reason for them not to work. The syndicate explosion is an entirely separate, and much more complicated effect.

Here's the thing, there's no chance that DE is going to allow two syndicate explosions at once, they've gone out of their way to prevent it across multiple weapons, which means it has to be from either the secondary or the melee, and currently due to the way that dual wielding works, the secondary takes precedent.

Edited by rapt0rman

46 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Flight speed and combo duration are just regular stats, there's no reason for them not to work. The syndicate explosion is an entirely separate, and much more complicated effect.

Here's the thing, there's no chance that DE is going to allow two syndicate explosions at once, they've gone out of their way to prevent it across multiple weapons, which means it has to be from either the secondary or the melee, and currently due to the way that dual wielding works, the secondary takes precedent.

But this is literally the only weapon that you could get two syndicate procs from. There must be a way to fix the issue for this ONE weapon. Have it that the kestrel take precedent over everything else.

The only reason anyone would use it is for that mod. So have it overwrite the secondary's effect.

10 minutes ago, DraekoSilver said:

But this is literally the only weapon that you could get two syndicate procs from. There must be a way to fix the issue for this ONE weapon. Have it that the kestrel take precedent over everything else.

The only reason anyone would use it is for that mod. So have it overwrite the secondary's effect.

Vaykor Hek is prevented from using Scattered Justice entirely, while Rakta Dark Dagger can use Gleaming Blight because syndicate melee weapons have no explosion effect. 

I'll reiterate that I'm only explaining the reason that it's the way it is currently, I have no problem with them figuring out a solution.

Edited by rapt0rman

22 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Vaykor Hek is prevented from using Scattered Justice entirely, while Rakta Dark Dagger can use Gleaming Blight because syndicate melee weapons have no explosion effect. 

I'll reiterate that I'm only explaining the reason that it's the way it is currently, I have no problem with them figuring out a solution.

I really hope they do. it would make the kestrel an 100% better better weapon.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SpectrumSid said:

It'd be nice if this was changed. Thought it was a good way to keep my energy up with Mag in Disruption while wiping the floor with Pyrana Prime, but I guess not 😞

Its the only weapon that you are able to trigger two syndicate bursts at the same time. So why not just have kestrel take precedence over your secondly's effect? Why would you use the damn thing if not for entropy flight. I have a decent riven and its still worse that the glaive prime and ALLLLLLL of my other melee weapons.

You use it for the energy gain, so have that take the lead on syndicate procs.