Sounds of Shawzin Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

ShawzinContestHeader2.png

The playable Shawzin is music to our ears, and we want more! Show us your best, Tenno. Write a song on the Shawzin that would make Teshin proud!

How to enter: Record yourself playing an original song on the Shawzin. You can record solo or form a band with other Tenno!

Share your submission in this thread for judging!

Tip: Upload your song to a site like Soundcloud or Youtube and post the link as your submission.

Prizes:

• 1st place – Current Prime Access!
  • 2nd place – 1000 Platinum!
  • 3rd place – 750 Platinum!
  • 4th place – 500 Platinum!
  • 5th place – 250 Platinum!

Solo and group submissions will be judged separately, which means there will be 5 solo and 5 group winners! All members of winning groups will receive a prize.

Need an example?

Rules:

• One submission per player
  • Song must not exceed 4 minutes
  • You may incorporate other sounds or music from Warframe, like drums and Octavia, but a Shawzin must be central to your song
  • You may not include sounds or music from outside of Warframe
  • If you submit a group entry, all participant Aliases must be listed in your post
  • Submission must be your original work (no covers!)
  • Editing post-recording is allowed as long as the sounds are all from Warframe
  • Submission must be appropriate for the community forums
  • Do not reserve posts in this thread
  • Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

Winners will be chosen based on the quality of the song composition and its recording!

This contest starts now until Thursday, October 3 @ 1:00PM ET!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE!

Let the music take you, Tenno

1 minute ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you for sharing your music with us! You used the Shawzin beautifully. We're so impressed by all the creativity in this thread!

You can watch the full winner reveal from Prime Time #264 here:

Official Winner List:

Edited by [DE]Helen
  • Like 17

Just now, Rachnera said:

no bans on macro bots playing the songs? ok lmao

They've already stated that since autoplay programs don't disrupt or alter actual gameplay in any way, that they are perfectly okay to use. 

Now, I'm certain they won't allow autoplay songs for this contest, but they have literally no reason to ban autoplay programs when they are not cheating programs, and are only meant to be used for having innocent, musical fun. 

Ask me to spend enough time with the "preprogrammed" tracks and I'll learn to play them... eventually. 😁

But don't ask me to compose anything (won't be responsible for sudden Orbiter decompressions due to shattered viewports ^^).

Anyway, good luck to all who enter! ^^

What editing is allowed? I see macros and simultaneous players are allowed. Could Captura green screen players (or same player) be edited in with multiple audio tracks? So same idea but asynchronous and edited together. Likewise, could multiple Warframe environments or audio-only sound captures be added in at various points? Like Mandachord sounds during battle so the loop is different every time due to ambient events/battle/etc? Or maybe a set of such loops cloned and threaded into the audio background for the main Shawzin track? If so, what are the limits of sound editing as long as everything is recorded natively from Warframe? I assume distorting Warframe sounds would make them inadmissible, or you could simply make any sound you want.

3 minutes ago, Blitzkriegor said:

What editing is allowed? I see macros and simultaneous players are allowed. Could Captura green screen players (or same player) be edited in with multiple audio tracks? So same idea but asynchronous and edited together. Likewise, could multiple Warframe environments or audio-only sound captures be added in at various points? Like Mandachord sounds during battle so the loop is different every time due to ambient events/battle/etc? Or maybe a set of such loops cloned and threaded into the audio background for the main Shawzin track? If so, what are the limits of sound editing as long as everything is recorded natively from Warframe? I assume distorting Warframe sounds would make them inadmissible, or you could simply make any sound you want.

Great question! You can edit tracks together as long as the sounds themselves are not heavily distorted and are from Warframe. It needs to be recognizable and copyright-free, but please feel free to get creative! I'll add this line to the contest rules for clarity: "Editing post-recording is allowed as long as the sounds are all from Warframe"

• Like 1

Just now, [DE]Helen said:

Great question! You can edit tracks together as long as the sounds themselves are not heavily distorted and are from Warframe. It needs to be recognizable and copyright-free, but please feel free to get creative! I'll add this line to the contest rules for clarity: "Editing post-recording is allowed as long as the sounds are all from Warframe"

But how about a macro to play the song still haven't addressed this yet

13 minutes ago, Virg099 said:

But how about a macro to play the song still haven't addressed this yet

We would prefer if submissions didn't use macros, but it would be very difficult for us to track in video and audio submissions. We will be focusing on the overall compositions themselves when we choose winners!

You can read more about our official stance on macros here: