The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of Shawzin Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Hey!! Will this be an annual event?! I’m fairly new to the community and very uneducated to the events recurring and not. I don’t have enough plat to shawzin my way through the leaderboards this go round but definitely will if there’s another event! Thanks y’all! And I can’t wait to hear the victors songs!

Edited by (XB1)vv Charisma
Grammar

4 hours ago, Blitzkriegor said:

What editing is allowed? I see macros and simultaneous players are allowed. Could Captura green screen players (or same player) be edited in with multiple audio tracks? So same idea but asynchronous and edited together. Likewise, could multiple Warframe environments or audio-only sound captures be added in at various points? Like Mandachord sounds during battle so the loop is different every time due to ambient events/battle/etc? Or maybe a set of such loops cloned and threaded into the audio background for the main Shawzin track? If so, what are the limits of sound editing as long as everything is recorded natively from Warframe? I assume distorting Warframe sounds would make them inadmissible, or you could simply make any sound you want.

Please use conservation lure sounds for your horn arrangement while you're at it.. 🤗

8 minutes ago, uberfu said:

DE might want to link to some official legal rules for this contest.

As well as the fact that technically a purchase is required to participate.

wym the rules are there and also its a given that a purchase is needed. its the shawzin. If you click this link you either know what the shawzin is and know its purchasable or you dont know in which case you look it up. 😕

Edited by MaxScarf

3 hours ago, (XB1)vv Charisma said:

Hey!! Will this be an annual event?! I’m fairly new to the community and very uneducated to the events recurring and not. I don’t have enough plat to shawzin my way through the leaderboards this go round but definitely will if there’s another event! Thanks y’all! And I can’t wait to hear the victors songs!

Nah probably wont reoccur the devs like browsing Reddit and making events off of whatever trend they see a lot of. 

Events are random and just whims of the community managers. However when holidays happen like Halloween/chrismas/valentines there is usually some sort of event happening.

most of those dont even require you to be skilled at something. last valentines the event was to write a valentines letter that sounded like it came from one of the warframe characters. 

another was to write guides on how to kill the new enemies 

15 minutes ago, MaxScarf said:

wym the rules are there and also its a given that a purchase is needed. its the shawzin. If you click this link you either know what the shawzin is and know its purchasable or you dont know in which case you look it up. 😕

Thing is, contests are often legally required to give explicit rules, regulations, and disclaimers. For most stuff, it's in tiiiiiiiny writing at the bottom of the ad or whatever. In the U.S. at least, for example, contests and sweepstakes legally can not require a purchase in order to participate or be eligible. Doing so is flat-out illegal. Even with contests like the McDonalds monopoly game or prizes from soda caps, the organizer of the contest or sweepstakes must allow a method to participate without requiring a purchase - often by mailing in a self-addressed stamped envelope. 

More fun(?) facts I found out while looking this up! In the USA:

Sweepstakes involves a prize or prizes being given away to participants at random, with no skill or other controllable element determining who wins.

Contest is like a sweepstakes, but the winner is non-random, as there is an element of skill required.

Both Sweepstakes and Contests require that there be no form of payment or purchase required in order to participate - it's illegal to require otherwise.

The other two major forms of random giveaways, lotteries and raffles, have restrictions on who can perform them.

Lotteries allow participants to buy one or more tickets to increase their chances of winning, and at least in the US, can only be run by the government, and even then are prohibited in some states.

Raffles are very similar to lotteries, with the important distinction that there must be a winner selected - while lotteries can have the prize go unclaimed for a time if the winning number isn't bought, a raffle event must have at least one winner. In the US, while the rules can differ from state to state, raffles are generally reserved for non-profit organizations.

Source of my newfound information:

http://blog.rafflecopter.com/2015/04/no-purchase-necessary-giveaways/

7 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Ask me to spend enough time with the "preprogrammed" tracks and I'll learn to play them... eventually. 😁

But don't ask me to compose anything (won't be responsible for sudden Orbiter decompressions due to shattered viewports ^^).

Anyway, good luck to all who enter! ^^

Advice: use gamepad, my layout has downward half circle on D Pad for the strings, then X A B for the frets