Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of Shawzin Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

My new hit single 'Mrow Kavatty' translates directly to Meow Kitty. Do you like kavats? So do I! This song is inspired by kitties. No macros! Completely improvised! No musical talent whatsoever besides my ability to sync up cat meows with my simple notes! 🙂

But seriously, had a lot of fun making this song and video. Hope you guys got a laugh out of it! 

6 hours ago, mmogurl said:

My new hit single 'Mrow Kavatty' translates directly to Meow Kitty. Do you like kavats? So do I! This song is inspired by kitties. No macros! Completely improvised! No musical talent whatsoever besides my ability to sync up cat meows with my simple notes! 🙂

But seriously, had a lot of fun making this song and video. Hope you guys got a laugh out of it! 

It's great to see someone made a song inspiried by their pet 😂❤️ Hope DE will host some contest about showing love to our pets.

8 hours ago, MetalicSharpShooter said:

this one is seriously underrated.

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it.

Edited by Orovoid0

Glad to see some people having fun with their Shawzins.  I play guitar, the sax and can get a fairly accurate Mary had a lil lamb out of my arm pit, but that Shawzin needs help in the UI big time.  They made a whole new game mode for it, so i don't understand why they have handicapped it so badly with  can we play it.  Here we got a fresh layout, free keys to bind in our new Shawzin mode and they don't give us the option to use them for THE MOST IMPORTANT  aspect of playing a guitar or any instrument,  SWITCHING  SCALES (chords).   why do i have to hit a button up to eight times to get the scale i want next.  LoL that  note i wanted was passed up in the song buy third press.  They took away half the strings making us need to use two SCALES to get the notes from a normal chord and then gave us no way to use them fast enough.  Why can't we bind say the YO scale to the F5 and so on so we could actually change them as fast as persons hands on the fretts. They are forcing people to write song macros to use them fast enough so they can kick them out of the game i guess.  But macro's don't fix the issue for free playing and actually getting to all the potential that it has to offer.  they should have waited for feedback and a lil rework on their UI before contest.

Edited by [DE]Helen
Removed "Yah, yah, opinions and azzholes, I know, but it dos need help."

11 hours ago, Orovoid0 said:

It's great to see someone made a song inspiried by their pet 😂❤️ Hope DE will host some contest about showing love to our pets.

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks! I would love a pet inspired contest! - but either way I kind of made it about the pets xD

Question regarding entry guidelines:

Are we allowed to create a song arrangement with effects/processing (such as filtering on invidual tracks, or time stretching/pitching samples), as long as every base sound/sample comes from Warframe itself? Similar to the Tenno Tunes contest, but every sound must come from Warframe and primarily feature the Shawzin?

On 2019-09-26 at 1:40 AM, Orovoid0 said:

My song for the contest ♪♫

with this amount of editing, but technically within the parameters, this feels unfair. How am I supposed to compete, with my skillset stopping at the ability to write a beautiful tune?
Though I still haven't bought the thing either way :/

3 hours ago, Lyhtmyst said:

Question regarding entry guidelines:

Are we allowed to create a song arrangement with effects/processing (such as filtering on invidual tracks, or time stretching/pitching samples), as long as every base sound/sample comes from Warframe itself? Similar to the Tenno Tunes contest, but every sound must come from Warframe and primarily feature the Shawzin?

I really think not, the rules say it has to still sound like the sound and cant be like heavily modified

On 2019-09-26 at 11:40 AM, icodious said:

Glad to see some people having fun with their Shawzins.  I play guitar, the sax and can get a fairly accurate Mary had a lil lamb out of my arm pit, but that Shawzin needs help in the UI big time.  They made a whole new game mode for it, so i don't understand why they have handicapped it so badly with  can we play it.  Here we got a fresh layout, free keys to bind in our new Shawzin mode and they don't give us the option to use them for THE MOST IMPORTANT  aspect of playing a guitar or any instrument,  SWITCHING  SCALES (chords).   why do i have to hit a button up to eight times to get the scale i want next.  LoL that  note i wanted was passed up in the song buy third press.  They took away half the strings making us need to use two SCALES to get the notes from a normal chord and then gave us no way to use them fast enough.  Why can't we bind say the YO scale to the F5 and so on so we could actually change them as fast as persons hands on the fretts. They are forcing people to write song macros to use them fast enough so they can kick them out of the game i guess.  But macro's don't fix the issue for free playing and actually getting to all the potential that it has to offer.  they should have waited for feedback and a lil rework on their UI before contest.

I thought I'd share some of my insight on this having tried to make basic songs using this UI system.

Although I agree that binding scales to keys would be useful I don't see how not having this feature 'forces' people to use macros. Scales and chords aren't the same thing - you can easily play all the chords from a scale you selected by just holding two arrow keys. I also don't get why you'd need more than 3 strings to play chords. You aren't gonna get more than a basic triad without recording additional tracks but you wouldn't need more to play most of the world's pop songs either. The system is obviously limited but it's the best one I've seen in a non-music based video game.

whammy is crap tho. pls fix

1 hour ago, apprenticeNerd said:

Rules question before I go record anything: I know any "sound from Warframe" is fair game, but does that include in-game music? My friends say probably not but I just wanted to check. It's really hard to make pads with just shawzin and Octavia...

its prob allowed but i feel like that would be points off lmao. the shawzin still has to be main sound tho