Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of Shawzin Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

1 minute ago, Vandalious said:

Oh I thought they meant an original video, thanks for pointing that out 😀

wym original video? also yeah they want it to be original so people dont just do evangelion or something lmao

Edited by MaxScarf

My Submission For The Sounds Of Shawzin By Yours truly. Magickal/Patapon12345.

I Call it "Dreams Of The Resting Tenno" 

i really should have also fixed the notes well before submitting but here you go

Edited by [DE]Helen
Removed "(but you can call it a piece of S#&$ if you'd like)"

13 hours ago, MaxScarf said:

I really think not, the rules say it has to still sound like the sound and cant be like heavily modified

Hmm, really? This is what I saw on the OP:

• One submission per player
  • Song must not exceed 4 minutes
  • You may incorporate other sounds or music from Warframe, like drums and Octavia, but a Shawzin must be central to your song
  • You may not include sounds or music from outside of Warframe
  • If you submit a group entry, all participant Aliases must be listed in your post
  • Submission must be your original work (no covers!)
  • Editing post-recording is allowed as long as the sounds are all from Warframe
  • Submission must be appropriate for the community forums
  • Do not reserve posts in this thread
  • Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

I don't see where that is mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Lyhtmyst said:

Hmm, really? This is what I saw on the OP:

I don't see where that is mentioned.

I think he refers to this comment by [DE]Helen on a similar question:

On 2019-09-21 at 2:46 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Great question! You can edit tracks together as long as the sounds themselves are not heavily distorted and are from Warframe. It needs to be recognizable and copyright-free, but please feel free to get creative! I'll add this line to the contest rules for clarity: "Editing post-recording is allowed as long as the sounds are all from Warframe"

My entry, woo!
Discovered (wrote, if you prefer) this tune last night, made it in guitar pro, thought "this might be good within the limitations of shawzin", made it into midi -> ShawzinBot.exe
Bought the Sunburst Shawzin
Got to sunny location
Made a video

Edited by ComediNyan
clarification of work originality
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxScarf said:

"limitations" 

there are still limitations, but fair point - I worked around them instead of within them.
To clarify: watched couple of recordings on youtube and thought, that timing problem was inherent to Shawzin (now think that recording system is inaccurate) - so decided - let's just have melodically interesting tune, instead of rhythmically interesting one.

Edited by ComediNyan
clarification

Tears of Tenno

'They are the lost warriors,

Fractures of history,

Fragments of memory,

Sinking in the deep hollow galaxy,

Where conflicts meet.

Tears of Tenno,

Dropping on their wounded body,

Their soul, their scars,

Their all, 

Till the light shines tomorrow,

Till the hope comes tomorrow.

失落的武士

是歷史的瘡口

是記憶的碎片

伴隨著戰爭的步伐

在寂靜星空下沉淪 

武士的眼淚

在他們遍體鱗傷的身軀

空洞的靈魂、痛苦的疤痕

落下

直至黎明伴隨希望而來

直至破曉伴隨曙光而來

I apologize if I am taking so much space in this forum, but I really wanna write a poem (In two languages) for the song, which I composed. It's a solo work, no macros used, only with various sounds from Warframe, e.g., Octavia's percussion and sound, three shawzin tracks, background noise of two captura scenes. (I wanted to add some other sound of different warframes, but I found it not suitable for this song..)

(Use headphones for the best experience~you could hear the details I added in the track)

Its a chill song, I hope u guys enjoy it and understand the story behind!! 

Edited by EuRasLTU
  • Like 1

Hello everyone! Here is my submission for the contest:

I wrote this original small melody with Muse Score 3 and had to adjust it for the shawzin. (Action begins after 30 seconds)

For the Creation of the String for Shawzin i used Link 1 (is really great for recognition of complex accords) and Link 2 (for the rest of the translation to string).

String

• 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

Have fun Playing it (or using autoplay)

Yours Deae_Ira

Edited by Deae_Ira
  • Like 2

still dont see they point of having a contest for something that isnt even finished yet.
We cant save songs ( specifically more than 1 song ), we cant change bindings for console and i assume pc as well, and we cant share music on consoles- only pc; PLUS we cant share songs with more than 100 notes, something common songs outside twinkle twinkle would generally have!

I love the shawzin as a concept but right now it's really annoying to use, so much so that the community made auto scripts and other things to actually enjoy it to it's fullest since we cant yet with what you've given us.

Community give me all the hate you want im going to voice myself and actually criticize this instrument. Its not garbage but it's not good.