Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of Shawzin Contest [Winners Announced]!

[DE]Helen

Woah. I looked at other submissions and I have to say I'm impressed by their complexity and overall... design.
Well, I still think it's worth a try... As long as I enjoyed it.
Here's my submission:

Edited by ScythM
I decided that I should let the link get embed instead lol.

On 2019-09-28 at 11:45 PM, kokorika said:

- The Godfather OST 

cant do covers?

Edited by MaxScarf

On 2019-09-29 at 8:58 PM, (XB1)Esper sparks96 said:

still dont see they point of having a contest for something that isnt even finished yet.
We cant save songs ( specifically more than 1 song ), we cant change bindings for console and i assume pc as well, and we cant share music on consoles- only pc; PLUS we cant share songs with more than 100 notes, something common songs outside twinkle twinkle would generally have!

I love the shawzin as a concept but right now it's really annoying to use, so much so that the community made auto scripts and other things to actually enjoy it to it's fullest since we cant yet with what you've given us.

Community give me all the hate you want im going to voice myself and actually criticize this instrument. Its not garbage but it's not good. 

you can change bindings on pc

On 2019-09-29 at 9:11 PM, kokorika said:

- Romeo & Juliet OST -

Reveal hidden contents

also cant submit more than 1 times, you are breaking all the rules lmao

Heard tell that 3rd Oct is a special day over at DE. Made sure I posted this past midnight. :) Please know, you are celebrated !

Contest Entry. Original Composition. Category - Solo Project.

Soundscape :
Mandachord Sounds -

• Druk Instruments for Percussions (Kick, Snare, HiHat)
  • Horos Instruments for Bass

Dax Shawzin

Other Sounds -

• Banshee Quake Skill Cast
  • Harrow Condemn Skill Cast
  • Ash Bladestorm Skill Cast
  • Valkyr Warcry Skill Cast
  • Ivara Artemis Skill Cast
  • Lex Prime Gunfire

https://soundcloud.com/ordinem-draconis/unchained

Extensive post-production details listed below if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

Post-Production Notes : This took several days to tweak. I had to re-record most samples and had to ensure the sound stayed as close to the original as possible, without compromising the aesthetic of the track. I was constantly cross-checking with the raw recorded samples as well as ingame sounds during editing.

• Noise Reduction across the board to ALL individual tracks to remove the "white noise" that came with recording the samples.
  • Added very slight reverb to HiHat for sustain.
  • Compressed and EQ'd Kick and Snare to remove the 'boxiness' of recording and for a clean, tight stereo sound - closer to the original.
  • Compressed and EQ'd Bass for a clean sound - closer to the original.
  • Shawzins are Dual and Quad tracked (x2 Dax for Intro / Outro, rest of the track is x4 Dax).
  • Corrected all timing / pacing / tempo issues with Shawzins where applicable.
  • Added light compression to Shawzins for a balanced sound.
  • Removed excess Reverb on Shawzins by 40%. (This was the default reverb of the instrument after turning off the in-game reverb, that carried over into the recording, and came with long reverb tails that were bleeding into other sounds, muddying the track...x4 Shawzins, go figure!)
  • EQ'd Shawzins to cleanup the low-end to allow the instruments to stand out.
  • Added delay to Harrow Condemn sound for flavor.
  • All other warframe skill sounds are unedited.
  • Lex Prime gunfire unedited.

All sounds / instruments used in this track are from Warframe. No external sound source has been used.
All sounds / instruments sound as close to the original sounds as possible. None have been edited beyond recognition.

Here's my submission! I used the color key captura scene to record each part and, although I know the videos have nothing to do with the contest, I thought I'd have some fun with the backgrounds. All sounds included are from Warframe - the only non-shawzin sounds in this are captura background sounds from Fortuna and the Plains of Eidolon beach. The song was played using the major scale and both parts were recorded in one take before being edited together. I included links to both the melody and harmony in the description, as the shawzin UI is a bit clearer in the original videos. Good luck everyone! There's a lot of cool music here!

PS - the introduction is a bit slow, but it picks up afterwards.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-30 at 6:11 AM, kokorika said:

- Romeo & Juliet OST -

Reveal hidden contents

I really love the song, the only thing killing me: why do you play it in major and not in minor?

Yay I made it in time! 

This was done solo with everything recorded live ingame (20+ layers and a bijilion takes) then mashed together. I corrected the timings, cut a few clips, and leveled the volumes of instruments but no FX, or pitching, of any kind was added/used.

I wish I could make a video of me performing and playing all the layers together but my PC would explode. I don't have enough ram 😞

Anyways, there's some amazing entries here! Goodluck all 😃

Edited by KitMellow
  • Like 2

Thank you for sharing your music with us! You used the Shawzin beautifully. We're so impressed by all the creativity in this thread!

You can watch the full winner reveal from Prime Time #264 here:

Official Winner List:

• Like 1