Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Want Digital Extremes To Fix? A Community-Driven Honey Do List

LongDraw

Okay, so I think everyone here can agree that there is at least one thing related to Warframe that we would like to see improved upon before Digital Extremes considers Warframe and all its constituent parts a "Finished Product". I would ask all respondents of this thread to also utilize not only for uniformity, but also to comply with the request for civility and respect on DE's forum. **Good call PsychedelicSnake*

Okay, so with that out of the way, let me give a short and simple description of how this thread is going to work. As the OP, I will add the issues that respondents in this thread put in their posts. For the sake of non-bias, I will not be putting my personal vote or arranging the issues by "perceived importance or urgency". The issues will be ordered as first-come first-served basis. What I would ask of the respondents of the thread is two-fold. First, post the issues important to you that have not been added to the list. Then, once I have editted this first post, edit your own reply post to include all issues and put a + for upvote or - for downvote/non-issue for each issue in the list.

Let me be clear here, we are not looking for commentary here. Just a short description of your issue(s) and then your vote(s). I do of course ask you to narrow your focus enough where we don't get "The game is boring" or "My warframe is weak" or "Armor 2.0". An example of the format to use would be like this issue :

"The game client is too intolerant/lacks redundancy, resulting in StrictNAT errors."

It is short, to the point, and narrows the focus (feature specific) for problem resolution efforts by DE Developers.

Once a DE staff member confirms that they feel they have 100% resolved a specific issue, the issue will be moved to a "Confidence Vote" section on this same post where players can vote whether they feel DE succeeded or if DE needs to take another look at the problem. Again, I ask that you update your replies with the new issues and votes.

**note: Please do not reference already planned updates (ie Armor 2.0, etc). Also, this is a issue resolution, not a new feature submission focused thread. Thank you.**

ISSUES LIST TO BE ENTERED BELOW THIS LINE

The game client is too intolerant/lacks redundancy, resulting in StrictNAT errors.
More optimization so lower spec systems run smoother
Private chat rooms
Pop Out Chat Tabs (For viewing 2+ chats at the same time)
Right click player name on their message to invite/block when they spoken.
Private msg windows when in menu
Clan name changing
Pet shield/HP bars
Melee weapon XP bars.
Sentinel XP bars/weapons
Ability to sell everything in a stack in the inventory
Mod stacking/better organization. In other words, our mod closets are looking like giant warehouses right now.
More sentinel guns that don't have a sentinel first (stand alone guns) eg. Mini Flux with out a new sentinel
More sentinel universal mods
Mod locking(lock mods you don't want to fuse with out have them equipped.
More gear options then ammo (ie. portable Snow Globe dispensers/Bastilles/Decoys)
Expand Dojo tile limit (ie Not dead end's everywhere)
Matchmaking and hosting issues. Rubber banding all over because there are fewer good hosts than bad.
More random dynamic events (faction vs faction vs faction for example)
More interactivity for each mission and map (hacking security cameras, turrets or even MOAs, etc)
Levels are big, and 99% of the maps offer little to do. Playing most missions is extremely boring and repetitive.
When rejected from starting a mission after it's started, player cannot join or start any missions and must exit client and relogin to enable joining missions again.
Enable vote kick or black list to prevent session joining in either direction.
Lessen reliance on RNG in game overall.
Stealth revamp (ie. make stealth viable. Stealth kills need to actually kill).
Weapons and Gear items are over-priced in marketplace (suggest polling players in-game on this one)

Give players the option to Host or to Not host.
Address UI conflicts between chat, team health display, gear in-mission display, ability to sprint, etc.

Gear menu and how you access consumables needs to be changed to be conducive to parkour gameplay.

Suggest hotkeys or hot bar for gear display while in mission.

Parkour abilities are not reliably activating or are activating at undesired times.  Refinement desired.

Holes in maps, holes in walls, doors of doom, perma-falling to your doom, etc.

Failed collisions with static objects (walls, floors, ceilings) as well as dynamic objects (ie. void doors) where players are getting trapped.

User Interface repositioned persistance through game client exit and relaunch.  (ie. don't let chat bar go back to default position)

Change referral system so creating fake/alternate accounts will not benefit a player.

PLEASE NARROW FOCUS OR CLARIFY (ELIMINATE CONFUSION)
Market prices
Give more intensive for us to search around levels instead of rushing
Armor
Stealth
Revamp/Balance all the old frames (Volt, Excalibur, etc)
Fix the all the broken levels (ie void, and vor)
Solo Ammo Box's (the team ones are nice, but i'am a solo player and there wasted)
Really just the minor things. Though I'm aware that my God-tier luck with RNG has likely caused my opinions of certain game mechanics to be quite biased.
Scarf physics, bugs that affect bosses or maps, things that aren't working right on some frames, balancing
Balance for weapons
Alternative abilities for each warframe
Customizable abilities.
Solution for the "useless" mods. (More mod slots or dedicated mod slots for each type of stat?)
Animation Improvement
Sounds Improvements
Solution to the tiering issue of warframes, weapons, etc.
Go over the weapons we have now and buff/nerf them instead of adding new guns. Also more enemy variety and better AI.

CONFIDENCE VOTE SECTION
None yet.

THANK YOUS FOR SUBMISSIONS AND ASSISTANCE
PsychedelicSnake, tactical_surgeon, Slorch, Tacgnomancer, Letter13, Namacyst, Xymos, Wahooo, BlackbirdSR71C, General_Krull, ArsVampyre, VScipii26, Argenex

Edited by LongDraw

And seeing as how if you criticize any DE staff you get temp banned here

I'd edit that out. As you are asking for respect, civility, and for people to not argue, this statement alone will cause an argument. I'd like this thread to be free of annoyances as well, and I feel that comment will bring more problems than it will solve.

lets see here.

all them bugs

give us an incentive for using stealth or and incentive for going in guns blazing and killing everything

balance the older frames with the newer ones so that the original frames are usefull

ether improve stamina or take it out

make RNG less RNG

+1 to all topics

Edited by Slorch

Private Chat rooms

Pop Out Chat Tabs, so i can watch Council and Region and Recruiting at the same time.

Right click there name to invite/block when they spoken.

Private msg windows when in menu

Clan Name Changing

Pet Shield/HP bars

Melee Weapon xp bars.

Sentinel xp bars/Weapons

Ability to sell everything in a stack in the inventory

Solo Ammo Box's (the team ones are nice, but i'am a solo player and there wasted)

Mod Stacking(coming but still)

More Sentinel guns that don't have a sentinel first (stand alone guns) eg Mini Flux with out a new sentinel

More Sentinel universal mods

Mod Locking(lock mods u don't want to fuse with out have them equipped. i like have 1 mod of each rank.(collector)

More Gear options then ammo, maybe portable Snow Globe Dispensers/Bastiles/Decoys

Just for starters :)

What I want DE to fix...

Really just the minor things. Though I'm aware that my God-tier luck with RNG has likely caused my opinions of certain game mechanics to be quite biased.

Maybe the scarf physics, some bugs that affect bosses or maps, maybe some things that aren't working right on some frames, maybe a bit of balancing here and there...

Optimization and Bugs Fix

Stealth 2.0

Physics 2.0

Melee 2.0

AI 2.0

Armor/Damage 2.0

HUD 2.0

More Color Customization (Syndanas, etc)

More Customisation (Sets of armors, helmets, patterns, camos, etc)

New Enemies (No bullet-sponges)

Old Bosses Recycled for Mini-bosses (That appears depends on the situation or randomly)

Balance for Weapons, Warframes, Etc.

Warframes Revamp (Volt, Excalibur, Etc)

Alternative Abilities for each Warframe

Customisable Abilities.

Solution for the "useless" mods. (More mod slots or dedicated mod slots for each type of stat?)

Animation Improvement

Sounds Improvements

Solution to the tiering issue of Warframes, Weapons, Etc.

More random dynamic events (Faction vs Faction vs Faction for example)

Gigantic Bosses

New factions (Abandoned Orokin people or the Sentients - Alien faction (I would love a faction that is equally or more stronger than tenno)

More interactivity for each mission and map (Hacking security cameras, turrets or even MOAs, etc)

Edited by Xymos

1) Fix the bug where when rejected from staring a mission after it's started, player cannot join or start any missions and must close the client entirely and restart it to enable joining missions again.

2) Provide some measure against griefers, like votekick or blocking joining a game with a player that's previously been marked as a griefer.

3) Fix assassination missions to be like the new 'golem' boss, guarantee a BP drop and give it at the end of the mission.

4) Alternate abilities for current frames.

5) TRADE SYSTEM.

6) Less RNG.

RNG reworks (Token system, rng based token system, fail safes, something)
Stealth revamp. Make stealth actually possible and viable. Stealth kills need to actually kill.

Market prices are god awful. Unless I get a 75% off coupon, I refuse to buy weapons for platinum. $15 for one weapon is far too much. Just look at the stalker pack. Removing the smoke colors, you still have three weapons for 725 platinum ($50! You have to buy $55 worth of platinum to buy it! It translates to about 240 platinum a weapon, which is on par with the rest of the weapons, which are all massively overpriced)

Big glaring things for me personally are the following (and this was after looking at your list, most of which I found to be less than what I personally feel should be resolved.)

Give players the option to Host or to Not host. So if you're at a lobby, you can choose to not host. Let's face it some folks don't have the connection

to do this.

Chat system needs a re-work, currently 2 things need to be fixed with it & the interface:

Whilst in-map if you have sprint toggled, you cannot do the following:

1. Initiate Chat

2. Open the team status menu (teammate's health bars)

3. Open the gear menu

as well, if you have the team status menu up, you cannot initiate chat nor can you open the gear menu.

Honestly the gear menu and how you access consumables needs to be changed, currently it isn't conducive to the fast-pace of how we play.

I recommend looking at a lot of other FPS-like games for how this done. Even a switch menu to hot select gear and having a single key for it would help.

Parkour needs some looking into; sometimes no matter what you do you do not stick to a wall, or your randomly stick to a wall and do random gymnastics. I thought it was lag except that it happens in solo play as well. In other words, it's not consistent. Personally I think there should be a single button for 'wall-sticking' instead of this mysterious combos of things that don't appear to work reliably. From speaking with players who use a controller, parkour is pretty much impossible for them to manage, which I find interesting. It needs work.

A set series of buttons to push to engage things would help to define this alot better for everyone; this isn't something that should be mysterious as it's just simply a part of playing the game.

Holes in maps, holes in walls, doors of doom, perma-falling to your doom, etc. There are many specific places in certain rooms in certain tile sets, that you can find yourself trapped inside a wall, permanently falling into the 'out of bounds' area (you reappear just past the edge and keep falling and are unable to move to get out of the situation, so you keep falling and re-teleporting back), and the way certain doors work that traps people inside of them. Too many to simply list.

There appears to be some sort of sync issue sometimes with players and collision that causes players to go through walls during parkour. I have witnessed this several times; this is related to the issue above, except that it can happen on any surface. What it looks like to me is a collision detection issue where it fails to correctly detect the collision to stop the player from going through the wall. This is more of a code thing and not directly related to art assets.

The chat window. Why in blessed heaven is it located over there in-map right under the team status menu? And why when we move it, does it not

just stay in the new, relocated, more convenient location?

Mod stacking / better organization. While I have heard that this may be coming, it is desperately needed. Currently when I'm looking at my warframe's mods, the number of pages goes from one end of my 24" monitor to the other. I'm afraid that by the end of the week it will go off-screen.

So we're getting some really great submissions here. What I ask is that everyone who has posted today copy the primary list edit it into your original reply, minus any submissions that you would like to rephrase for submission and vote + or - on the issues.  I'll be adding the latest submissions probably later today.