Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the warframe community toxic

(PSN)sweatshawp

Generally speaking in game no. 

I can say in game most of us are helpfull and great people. 

I love playing with EVERYONE short of a Loki. And I’d never say otherwise unless I’m trolling.

but on the forums reddit and more  most of us are some of the most aggressive rude toxic and dismissive people. Not all and I’m definitely not excluding myself from this activity. But looking back and thinking about this... why... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Sensitive as well 

indeed

everyone has to complain, everyone has to overreact, and everyone has to make controversy or vent out their inner frustrations (and of course lets not forget the ones who spread misinformation), social media has become an echo chamber, its no longer worth having a decent discussion anymore, while in-game people is busy playing and enjoying the disconnection from that bs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

Every community is "toxic" if you want to judge them entirely by their given minorities.

If it was the minority on these forums I’d say otherwise. But as far as I can see it’s not. And it’s sad to say. 

Ive seen more people be completely rude and terrible to each other or dismissive and toxic on Here then anything. 

• Like 1

most people that come to the forums imo are the ones that complain the most. The majority of players that play a game never go on the forums cause they are fine with things.

edit - for example look at gen discussions threads a lot are complaints or "feedback" about the game.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean
  • Like 1

hace 7 minutos, (PS4)sweatshawp dijo:

If it was the minority on these forums I’d say otherwise. But as far as I can see it’s not. And it’s sad to say. 

Ive seen more people be completely rude and terrible to each other or dismissive and toxic on Here then anything. 

The minority of the player base is what you get in forums or reddit.
The vocal minority actually, so they are louder than the rest

• Like 4

not really.  it's the internet as a whole which definitely is. all the games i played had a great community when i played the following at its launch... ultima online, everquest, vanguard, and a couple months in world of warcraft which is the game when it started getting worse. good internet was limited. now any doofus can jump in and try to make peoples time miserable.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I love playing with EVERYONE short of a Loki. And I’d never say otherwise unless I’m trolling.

I was about to ask what was wrong with Loki, then I saw...

50 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If you think I’m serious at all with the Loki comment it’s hilarious 🙂

As I went further and read that above. It's good to see your joke that wasn't at all clearly defined as a joke, is hilarious to you that someone took it seriously.

It's hard not to come off as salty/toxic in text without proper use of the language that we all speak.
It's like comma's, something SOME people use very well, and others forget entirely.

It's the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse - and helping your uncle Jack, off a horse.

Try an emote next time you're not being serious, and just making a joke. 😛

Forums I suppose are toxic. it's a much wider audience here than in game chat would be. Population of chat is dependent entirely on who's in that region, online, or not in mission. Here, it's just dependent on who speaks English.  Anyone can come back at a later date and comment negatively. That's also an issue with social media. Everyone can see it, and come back to comment.

I generally come off as toxic to people, I'm not honestly toxic by nature, just I also tell it like it is...

Edited by Alcatraz

10 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I was about to ask what was wrong with Loki, then I saw...

As I went further and read that above. It's good to see your joke that wasn't at all clearly defined as a joke, is hilarious to you that someone took it seriously.

It's hard not to come off as salty/toxic in text without proper use of the language that we all speak.
It's like comma's, something SOME people use very well, and others forget entirely.

It's the difference between helping your uncle Jack off a horse - and helping your uncle Jack, off a horse.

Try an emote next time you're not being serious, and just making a joke. 😛

Forums I suppose are toxic. it's a much wider audience here than in game chat would be. Population of chat is dependent entirely on who's in that region, online, or not in mission. Here, it's just dependent on who speaks English.  Anyone can come back at a later date and comment negatively. That's also an issue with social media. Everyone can see it, and come back to comment.

I generally come off as toxic to people, I'm not honestly toxic by nature, just I also tell it like it is...

Personally I don’t see a need to go through and MLA format anything short of my college work. I do enough of that now that I’m back but +1for the lesson in punctuation! 

Im very aware of the affects of the Internet it’s just saddening everytime I see the communities I’m apart of engage with the negative aspect of it. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Generally speaking in game no. 

I can say in game most of us are helpfull and great people. 

but on the forums reddit and more  most of us are some of the most aggressive rude toxic and dismissive people. Not all and I’m definitely not excluding myself from this activity. But looking back and thinking about this... why... 

All forums are the same. Any place online where people can post messages will have plenty of toxic members.  

When you can see others face to face, almost zero toxic opinions. 

It's just how it is. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

DE claims almost 50 million accounts while the forums show around 5 million accounts.  That's kinda the perfect example of minority.

Also, you have to take into account the tone, implied or explicit, of posts and how hard it is to convey that,  and, you have to keep in mind that a lot of the older forumites have known eachother for literal years, so how they interact with eachother will.be vastly different than newer members. But, you won't know that unless you stalk them. 

Coming from Diablo 3, HoTS, Overwatch which all have a toxic player bases and toxic forums, it's safe to say that Warframe forums and game are the complete opposite of toxic. One thing that stands out (to me) is that players will even go out of their way to wait for you on elevators before giving up and just going on without you... it's a little thing, but that reflects favorably on the Warframe community.