Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is lowkey a single player game

Primarch-Dumat

42 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

We're not going to agree; you're just wrong. 

The game still is at its best with teamwork. That matters less as you become more powerful, but it doesn't change. Of course, you'll reach a point where most of the game is trivial. Congrats. You've won. 

Now what you do after this point is up to you. I still play because I still prefer to work with others (or at least attempt to). I can do it myself and often do, but a good team is still a pleasure to play with, even if we're just facerolling everything. 

The game has always been loosey-goosey on balance and difficulty. You either accept that and have some fun, or find something else to do if you can't deal with it. 

Who is we?

And you can choose to play past the issues if you like, but that doesn't change their explicit effects. If you're looking for a gameplay experience then teamplay simply doesn't serve that direction well in most instances, the best use of it is again leeching (desired or not), besides that it augments little and risks much more. I wish this wasn't true trust me, I prefer playing with others as well greatly and enjoyed this game when it was still about co-operative play, but the elements that make it work just aren't that present anymore. you join a group, pray they're all not using remotely meta tools, and then if a single one is resign yourself to the observer isle - assuming you aren't the meta tool in which your gameplay changes none for yourself from what would be solo and everyone else is dampened in exchange. It's a game of trading positive experiences rather than collaborating on one, which no hasn't always been a thing for this game, teamplay had a place in previous pacing but now we're all too fast at killing and enemy interactions have failed to keep up. As I've said before, there just isn't room in most content for teamplay anymore, one person burns out the map and everyone else gets to watch, that's the group experience now and its easily not ideal or the best way to experience this game. 

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Talinthis:

I wish I could turn off joining others automatically. I have fiberoptic lines with 200 DL and UL I don't want some guy with terrible ping to be the host.. the entire squad always complains too not just me lol.

Ive set my ping limit to 150 and it works good.  in 80% of missions i am host. sometimes i have to wait a bit until squad is full. i got a lot of host migrations too. and ppl who say its my fault simply have no idea and bullS#&$. it is in most cases someone rage quitting. when mr 12 dies in arbi after 3 min he rage quit. so did ppl in other missions.

18 hours ago, ExtraSeven said:

title. since the game has so many constant host migrations its pretty much a mission to play with a squad. i've had at least 6 migrations today most of them cost me either credit in index or experience in hydron or few eidolons. seriously.. what a waste of time and effort trying to play in a squad. especially as a new player when you're trying to learn the stuff and suddenly you get migrated and can't rejoin. 

Where is your region? What’s the Internet connection you have? How much ping in terms of ms you usually see if you are not the host? 

What does it matter. Games had optional singleplayer/multiplayer for ages now. Some games gravitate more to singleplayer, others more to multiplayer.

Like... 1997... Starcraft… you would think as with most PC-games back then the optional part would be the multiplayer, but in actuality it turns out the singleplayer-campaign is just the story-driven gameplay-tutorial because the game is balanced for PVP more than anything.

Just now, Br34kf4s7 said:

I have like 1200 hours in this game and most of it was done solo. Most sorties can be solo'd pretty easily so that leaves arbitrations and eidolon hunting requiring more than one person.

@Br34kf4s7

there are a lot of things you can solo in the game and i don't say otherwise but i would prefer not playing the game solo when there's and option for multiplayer. so far i've found the most helpful community in this game and i enjoy running stuff with pugs. also there are benefits of playing with more people than soloing. just that i would prefer i wouldn't waste time invested because of connection problems. 

i don't have as much time as you in game only a little over a month in but the host migration issue only started happening excessively in the past week or so.

Warframe really isn't a mmo like other games. Its more a casual looter shooter.

Pop into a map and if you get random people to hop in great if not solo it. If you got friends you know hop into chat form a group and run stuff.

When the game likes to use people as host with slow internet.  Problems occur.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

On 2019-09-21 at 2:40 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Great isn't it?

De mentioned that about 20% of people play overwhelmingly solo. Not because of connection problems, though, but because its their preferred playstyle and the game supports that. It always did. Optional coop is the best kind of coop.

Yea.. pretty much the only thing I go multiplayer for is fissures. Eidolons on the rare occasion I bother going.  And few sortie missions.

On 2019-09-20 at 11:23 PM, Goodwill said:

I was gonna agree with you but not for the reason of host migration... Mostly because Warframe really doesn't have any benefits to playing as a squad out of some arbitrary scaling like more enemies with more players. I mean, it's good, you aren't forced to play with people to complete content, but I do think it could be balanced out better.

I wish there were better ways to level up stuff playing solo without the need of a booster, if I want to level a frame regular Onslaught is unreliable thanks to people leaving very often, Elite Onslaught is OK for weapons but still heavily reliant on people not leaving, it is also very annoying that the more stuff you carry (even it it is maxed) it will take away exp for no real reason.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

Le 21/09/2019 à 16:58, Sloan441 a dit :

PuGs are a bit of a crapshoot. I still prefer to have others around rather than be constantly solo. It's still a better experience even with That Guy getting on your last nerve (he's gone quickly enough and there's always another mission). 

I was like that a time ago.

Then the rhino failed a spy sortie. Then i had 90% kill/damage in hydron when levelling an amp. Then all people left at zone 3 of eso. Then i had an excalibur braton without aw in eidolon. Then this loki was mining during a bounty. Then i had to wait at "cooperative doors" and at extract. Then i had to revive this oberon penta 2 times in the first 10 min of arbi. I also had to revive a bunch of guy in neo relic capture (or any fast mission). Then i had 1000 ping. Then i lost everything in a host migration. Then i decided to split with my team in a kuva mob def, it was such a great strategic move from myself to take care of the siphon and trust my team to be able to defend the objective. I dont know how the mission failed, but it was a great teamplay for sure. Etc...

Edited by belanya

On 2019-09-20 at 10:38 PM, ExtraSeven said:

title. since the game has so many constant host migrations its pretty much a mission to play with a squad. i've had at least 6 migrations today most of them cost me either credit in index or experience in hydron or few eidolons. seriously.. what a waste of time and effort trying to play in a squad. especially as a new player when you're trying to learn the stuff and suddenly you get migrated and can't rejoin. 

While that is true, Warframe seems to be built more for squads and multiplayer. I can hardly do anything without needing assistance. Heck, I can't even farm Ash without defeating the boss looming before me.

On 2019-09-21 at 5:38 AM, ExtraSeven said:

Is this your first game in general? 

They might say Warframe has the best comunity, but its wrong. its mostly angry 40yold virgins or spoiled 9yolds. 

If you don't fit their current parameters you will get yelled at, insulted, and blocked before you can say anything in that specific order. 

Trust me, find a chill dojo and play the game solo, avoid Tridolon hunts at all cost. and you might enjoy the game withouth cancer.