Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Concern About Current Level Design And Stealth.

Drasiel

Basically whenever I try to stealth through a level, especially the older tile sets like the corpus ship or grineer asteroid base/ship. I can't help but notice how many areas just don't have a place to stay hidden in. I don't see very many areas that we could perhaps use our superior agility to get up/down into. You know to avoid the common walking path that our enemies take, or even just sneak into to wait for them to pass us by. In newer maps there's normally a bit more sight obstruction objects we can use to our advantage except around doors.

Which is the other thing that concerns me: Doors. There is only ever one path into any room. I feel that this one might be a double edged sword,I love that our maps are generated from a box full of tiles for every mission and maybe that means that we can only have one way into a room, but it's bad for stealth. There are no alternate routes we can take to avoid enemies, we can't parkour up to a ceiling fan and use that to enter the next area stealthily instead of the main door. This limits the ways we can avoid being detected and makes doors a pain for being sneaky.

If the maps themselves won't allow multiple ways to reach the same room, maybe the solution is stealth type missions that use specific maps like defense does. Maybe they could be the new raid, get in grab the item get out don't be seen.

Anyway those are the concerns I have about our current maps and stealth viability.

DE already said that those "old" levels are based around the pre closed beta mechanics, they were not even based for any sort of wallrunning or climbing not to mention stealth so they also mentioned that in the future they will revisit most of the stuff, but when, is unknown.

DE already said that those "old" levels are based around the pre closed beta mechanics, they were not even based for any sort of wallrunning or climbing not to mention stealth so they also mentioned that in the future they will revisit most of the stuff, but when, is unknown.

I was unaware of this, but it definitely shows in the older levels. Thanks for passing on the info. :)