Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nitain extract?

Peloticus

hi, i played a long time on Xbox, and got a new pc so decided to start up a new account here, but a problem im having is getting Nitain extract.

usually i would await the lovely alert missions, which i understand not everyone has the time to hope for one to show up, but why remove the alerts entirely?

nightwave is cool and all, but i seriously dont want to dedicate literal hours, farming this reputation in hopes i get cred for the store. why cant we have both?

as a new player to the pc, Nitain has somewhat become almost impossible to get early on, i spent the first 150 creds i got on a catalyst and reactor BP.

is it possible to make it so you get an X amount of creds from each rank up in reputation? or is it possible to bring back alerts for people who do have time for alerts.

Both would be great, but solving a issue with "the right place at the right time", with "make this grind your career" or no nitain/items for you is kinda screwing everyone over i feel.

ive done some math, you usually get 1500 rep from each Derelict mission, thats 7 missions you gotta do for 1 rank up, not including the 3 you have to do to unlock the Derelict mission.

in total thats 28 missions for one rank up. ive tried farming sabotage missions, finding each cache to the point where i get sub 7 minute runs now. but still gotta hit that rare drop table.

so what does anyone here suggest i do? do i just suffer the literal days of grinding i need to get my rank alllll the way up for the next cred reward? or stick to sabotage/cross-exterminate

missions, because so far i dont see me getting Nitain extract from either for a while atm.. really wish i was here before this update, how ever id be willing to call it a flat out nerf.

We get a new set of Nightwave objectives every Sunday at reset.  Just keep doing those, and eventually you'll get more cred to buy extract.

But, if you're just starting a new account, is Nitian extract really a priority at this moment?  There's tons of stuff that doesn't require it, and now you know that you probably shouldn't spend all your cred on reactors and catalysts.

Addition: Looking at just the current weeklies, there's enough that can be done by newish players to get 2 or 3 ranks before they reset tomorrow assuming you haven't already done them.  Next cred offering is at rank 6 which you should be able to hit easily.  And on top of that, if you do enough for one week, it brings back objectives from previous weeks until you do everything.  Trying to rank up by just the derelicts is a slog, because that's not the right way to do it.  The standing there is just bonus.

Edited by (PS4)Lollybomb

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

We get a new set of Nightwave objectives every Sunday at reset.  Just keep doing those, and eventually you'll get more cred to buy extract.

But, if you're just starting a new account, is Nitian extract really a priority at this moment?  There's tons of stuff that doesn't require it, and now you know that you probably shouldn't spend all your cred on reactors and catalysts.

Addition: Looking at just the current weeklies, there's enough that can be done by newish players to get 2 or 3 ranks before they reset tomorrow assuming you haven't already done them.  Next cred offering is at rank 6 which you should be able to hit easily.  And on top of that, if you do enough for one week, it brings back objectives from previous weeks until you do everything.  Trying to rank up by just the derelicts is a slog, because that's not the right way to do it.  The standing there is just bonus.

ive done them for im pretty use to a grind like this, but its gonna take me from rank 2 to 12 before i can get nitain, and yes its not reeeaallly important on a new account, but rare resources are rare and always will be needed, so i dislike neglecting them when they come. but if i have to choose between a resource and a double mod capacity item, its a no brainer.

Yea, focus on the acts/challenges instead. Even a new player will make a lot more standing in less time by doing as many of those as possible. If there is some you need help with, or can't access yourself, just ask in recruit chat. Usually you can finish all weekly acts within 2-3 hours, unless there are time-gated ones. So it's actually a lot more efficient system to get Nitain, compared to the old RNG alerts. 

Also, since you seem to be later to the party, if you finish all the weekly acts, there is a catch-up function that lets you access the acts from the previous week, so you can keep going for even more standing that you've missed out on. 

Just now, Yamazuki said:

Would have made more sense earning plat to buy catalysts/reactors and using all credits on Nitain if rushing through everything is your goal.

i didnt want to waste a lot of time farming liths and mesos, then wasting more time opening them for parts or sets for plat. i wanted to use that time rushing through everything. so i got the reactor and catalyst for double mod capacity on my wep and frame, since more mods is gonna mean more damage, more survival and just generally better. 

1 hour ago, Peloticus said:

i didnt want to waste a lot of time farming liths and mesos, then wasting more time opening them for parts or sets for plat. i wanted to use that time rushing through everything. so i got the reactor and catalyst for double mod capacity on my wep and frame, since more mods is gonna mean more damage, more survival and just generally better. 

Except you should know that reactors and catalysts are wasted on newb gear, you'd be better off grinding to Mr 6-8 and getting a good weapon. 

2 hours ago, Peloticus said:

usually i would await the lovely alert missions, which i understand not everyone has the time to hope for one to show up, but why remove the alerts entirely?

nightwave is cool and all, but i seriously dont want to dedicate literal hours, farming this reputation in hopes i get cred for the store. why cant we have both?

Everyone keeps saying "Just do the NW challenges, duh". I've gone through to Rank 36 with these challenges and I honestly never want to touch Nightwave again. It's a chore to get 15 creds to by 5 Nitain. My clan has sucked it out of me, and I don't have any left over for weapons. 

It's a grind I no longer want a part in. 

God Forbid DE takes Vauban Prime out of the vault anytime soon with this NW Nitain crud going on. 

I agree with the idea of having both NW and Alerts. 

Leave out stuff that we need like Weapon bps, Nitain, Aura Mods and maybe Potatoes from the NW store and have them as commonly occurring alerts. And I mean COMMONLY. 

This would free us space in the NW store for other NW related things like the Wolf Beacons, Alt Hemls, and other trinkets. 

And if DE doesn't agree with us and bring back alerts, then PLEASE lower the damn cost of NW store items. I don't want to grind for 5 levels after Rank 30 to buy a damn potato, and I'd rather keep my plat for slots, thanks. 

But the beauty of this is that everyone has their opinion on this. Some like NW, others don't and that's cool. 🙂 

7 hours ago, Peloticus said:

hi, i played a long time on Xbox, and got a new pc so decided to start up a new account here, but a problem im having is getting Nitain extract.

as a new player to the pc, Nitain has somewhat become almost impossible to get early on, i spent the first 150 creds i got on a catalyst and reactor BP.

is it possible to make it so you get an X amount of creds from each rank up in reputation? or is it possible to bring back alerts for people who do have time for alerts.

Both would be great, but solving a issue with "the right place at the right time", with "make this grind your career" or no nitain/items for you is kinda screwing everyone over i feel.

ive done some math, you usually get 1500 rep from each Derelict mission, thats 7 missions you gotta do for 1 rank up, not including the 3 you have to do to unlock the Derelict mission.

in total thats 28 missions for one rank up. ive tried farming sabotage missions, finding each cache to the point where i get sub 7 minute runs now. but still gotta hit that rare drop table.

so what does anyone here suggest i do? do i just suffer the literal days of grinding i need to get my rank alllll the way up for the next cred reward? or stick to sabotage/cross-exterminate

missions, because so far i dont see me getting Nitain extract from either for a while atm.. really wish i was here before this update, how ever id be willing to call it a flat out nerf.

They promptly removed the alerts to put the alert content on the nightwave and give it a new look. I am also against removing the alerts and the game has become much less user friendly than before. I think it was a big mistake for DE to do that and I sincerely hope they will go back. It was an interesting, democratic system with a light touch of tutorial and surprises. With nw the game became more static and getting resources became seriously more difficult. I really like NW's challenges but the warning system perfectly filled the vacant space after NW was completed and giving the game a dynamic air by attracting players. There are people who don't like NW missions to receive such an item and others like the alert system. I happily love both but have removed the soul of the game which is the unpredictability and surprise provided by the alerting system. The alert was the heart of the game and has now been removed. I hope DE reconsiders around and puts new and unique things on NW. Why remove something that has always been helpful to players? Why satisfy the desire of some and not others? Removing things from games hurts the audience and now the number of online players has dropped dramatically! I see people all the time asking for the alerts back and removing it was too grotesque a mistake! Both systems are interesting! Who condemns the warnings is being selfish because already conquered everything is not it? May this childish mentality of DE change!

That's just how they're balancing their economy now. Either you get potatoes with creds and have to work more for nitain, or you buy potatoes with plats and get nitain (or other stuff) right away.

If you burnt your starting cred on potatoes, that'd be a lack of foresight on your part friend. 

But yeah, you're okay with camping the alert screen for hours at a time, but you're not okay with actually playing the game for an hour and a half... Just don't be lazy, this system gives so much more stuff if you actually interact a bit with it !

5 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

That's just how they're balancing their economy now. Either you get potatoes with creds and have to work more for nitain, or you buy potatoes with plats and get nitain (or other stuff) right away.

If you burnt your starting cred on potatoes, that'd be a lack of foresight on your part friend. 

But yeah, you're okay with camping the alert screen for hours at a time, but you're not okay with actually playing the game for an hour and a half... Just don't be lazy, this system gives so much more stuff if you actually interact a bit with it !

this system is giving is nothing dude!...We need to make choices! potatoes or nitain or auras....for new players is a lot hard to get stuff...so new players left the game!

Edited by Luciole77

If you've played for a long time on console then you should have been aware of how Nitain works now. Nightwave also doesn't take hours to finish and if you actually are on a new account you should be progressing the game itself so you actually have access to Acts and the means to complete them.

It took me the better part of a year to gain everything from old alerts and then it was a slow drain of upkeep to wait for new items being dropped into alerts over the years. New players, have 7 years of build up and have an over abundance of choice and need to make decisions.

How this could have been avoided

In Region/clan/team chat: Hey, should I use up my nightwave credits for reactors starting out?

Almost everyone: Nooooooooo.

You currently only need 189 nitain for everything, cosmetics and all. And that total grows very slowly since it was introduced 4 years ago.

Nightwave 2 has been extra long. And you can get on average 4 ranks a week.

By week 8 you could have 130 nitain. then 20 nitain every week afterward. to a current total of 190 this minute. OR. You can just worry about going through content at a reasonable pace and building only what you need and not try to collect everything in less than a year because there is a lot of junk out there. And getting your equipment powerful enough to complete a future nightwave season without effort would be a more practical use of time.

None of this has ever been intended to be convenient and fast by design. But there is so much additional gear around this, its kinda silly to fixate on this one resource.

• Like 3

Il y a 17 heures, Luciole77 a dit :

this system is giving is nothing dude!...We need to make choices! potatoes or nitain or auras....for new players is a lot hard to get stuff...so new players left the game!

Lol, it takes an hour and a half top to complete a week's challenges, with that you get way enough in a casual season for 2 potatoes, a few auras and a little leftover of nitain, not counting the rankup rewards. And what are you even doing with all that nitain son ? A new player only needs a handfull, and "needs" is a big word.

Aside of that, old alerts would have you camp the screen for MANY hours in the hope of getting that one aura or that one nitain drop that never came. Not to mention the impossibly rare potatoes, that you'd take less time getting one by selling serrations for plat. Bring some argument, or all your saying is nonsense.

And... Yes people have to make a choice. It is a f2p game unless you forgot, selling potatoes is one of the ways DE keeps the light on. It's awesome in the first place that those items are not locked behind a paywall. Did you just expect to get everything right away in a f2p game ? And what's needed of you is an hour and a half per WEEK. That doesn't sound too terrible to me.

And then, if you really can't be bothered to play the game, you can play 80 plat for 4 potatoes and get all auras and shiny nitain based stuff, that a new player doesn't have the bp for.

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Lol, it takes an hour and a half top to complete a week's challenges, with that you get way enough in a casual season for 2 potatoes, a few auras and a little leftover of nitain, not counting the rankup rewards. And what are you even doing with all that nitain son ? A new player only needs a handfull, and "needs" is a big word.

Aside of that, old alerts would have you camp the screen for MANY hours in the hope of getting that one aura or that one nitain drop that never came. Not to mention the impossibly rare potatoes, that you'd take less time getting one by selling serrations for plat. Bring some argument, or all your saying is nonsense.

And... Yes people have to make a choice. It is a f2p game unless you forgot, selling potatoes is one of the ways DE keeps the light on. It's awesome in the first place that those items are not locked behind a paywall. Did you just expect to get everything right away in a f2p game ? And what's needed of you is an hour and a half per WEEK. That doesn't sound too terrible to me.

And then, if you really can't be bothered to play the game, you can play 80 plat for 4 potatoes and get all auras and shiny nitain based stuff, that a new player doesn't have the bp for.

The game has less players you know after they removed alerts....! The game is more static than ever and less friendly for new players. Potatoes is nothing for DE...they get money selling cosmetics and prime packs.

2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

The game has less players you know after they removed alerts....! .

Could you share the statistics and where you got them please? 

3 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

The game is more static than ever and less friendly for new players. 

To be fair it was never new player friendly, though the market changes have made it more accessible in the past few months. 

5 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Potatoes is nothing for DE...they get money selling cosmetics and prime packs.

That is true, but since the OP specifically mentioned spending his early creds on potatoes it was clearly a bad decision, not something that someone who has already played the game should have done. 

2 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

The game has less players you know after they removed alerts....! The game is more static than ever and less friendly for new players. Potatoes is nothing for DE...they get money selling cosmetics and prime packs.

Nightwave is, in-fact, more friendly for new players then Alerts ever where. Especially those who don't have all the free time under the sun to sit at the game.

The rng "snooze-you-lose" fest that was Alerts have caused far more players to leave the game than Nightwave ever could.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

Its actually 179 nitain plus 410 nitain if you want an aura forma on every Warframe.

Fun fact; it's also 164 Forma and 9.84 million Credits to build all of those. As someone who has most everything even I'm intimidated by that grind.

Il y a 3 heures, Luciole77 a dit :

Yes, now that nightwave is here, we indeed don't need to buy as many potatoes as before. And prime access's plat is generally used for potatoes and stuff. Funny how it goes full circle when you start thinking about it uh ?

The game has less players between every big updates, it's nothing new, you just decided NW was the cause of it. And guess what ? NW was introduced between big updates. Omg, correlation and causality are two different things ! How surprising ! 

3 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

The game has less players you know after they removed alerts....! .

No, it doesn't. 

Hyperbole doesn't help. Nitane and potatoes of whatever flavor are easily available through NW. Just do it. There stuff is there whenever you want it. Just do the challenges. 

Just now, Sloan441 said:

No, it doesn't. 

Hyperbole doesn't help. Nitane and potatoes of whatever flavor are easily available through NW. Just do it. There stuff is there whenever you want it. Just do the challenges. 

Easy for you and me...not for new players. Dont be selfish dude. Alerts was the best thing to attract and keep begginer and old players. Your argument is so weak...sorry.

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

Easy for you and me...not for new players. Dont be selfish dude. Alerts was the best thing to attract and keep begginer and old players. Your argument is so weak...sorry.

Must be why people were always *@##$ing about alerts and they fact that stuff always dropped when they weren't on. Right? 

New players have to look out for themselves. We all did. This is a major reason why joining a clan early on is a good idea. Ultimately, though, only you are responsible for your progression. Now you don't have to wait for anything. You just do it. It's always there for you to do. 

If you can't bring yourself to do the things necessary for progression, then you've effectively decided not to play the game. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

Yeah, ‘cause waking up in the middle of the night for an an alert reward that I wanted definitely was the sole reason I stayed with this game. /s

Certain Nightwave challenges can be difficult for newer players to complete, sure. However, the randomness of the Alerts are likely not main reason as to why it attracted newer or older players. Nightwave is a far better system since there is a goal that you can work towards which you can do at any time. Which yes, Nightwave does have it’s flaws without a doubt, but it’s a better system than Alerts were since it’s not entirely random at all.

You’re exaggerating about nothing about how Alerts were the reason why it kept newer and older players when it really wasn’t mate.

• Like 2