Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xyngrr

Combat Discipline ignores almost all bleedout/death prevention mechanics

As title.

Quick thinking, Gladiator finesse, wukongs passives, sentinel sacrifice, and venari bodyguard are all bypassed by the self damage dealt by the aura. GIven some self damage does bypass these mechanics it's not completely unexpected, however in this case it also universally bypasses bleedout and instantly kills you.

If this is not a bug, please state it explicitly in the description of the mod.

Editorial feedback - I gave the mod a try a number of times, and while I only caused my own death once by having munitions out and taking an unlucky hit, the mod still seemed to make no diffference to the surviveability of the team. Those that brought tank or alternate healing means received little benefit, those that didn't were still mutilated quickly by scaled damage hits, and the team was additionally hampered as I had to throttle my own killing so as to not die.  The idea is neat, the numbers are off, and the denial of other mechanics to transiently bypass instant death also kills the solo useability of the mod on any but a completely pacifist warframe. Outside of Rahatelius' single known instance of that, the mod as it sits is not functional enough to warrant wasting respawns on equipping it. And as it cannot be guaranteed you will have multiple copies of it in anything but a premade group, the mod itself likely won't be equipped except in that circumstance.
It's not a functional if obtuse tool, it's a toy that kills you.
Please note I'm not saying it's not good enough in comparison to other options for the aura slot, I'm saying it's not functionally reasonable enough to equip and/or use in its' current state.

Yeah this mod is poorly designed and implemented. Literally final countdown, but reverse where after X kills you die in solo mission (Correction ANY mission with pub or private or whatever). Allies are not healing me either for their kills, so it's literally a for something for oberon, nidus, and wisp. This is a dumb aura. ANy aura that doesnt work in solo missions should not be in the game that supports single player action

Thanks for the report Tenno! We are aware of the issue and are currently looking into fixes.

Yea I thought it would be cute to put this on a quick thinking-equilibrium nekros to pickup health orbs without having tiny shields or deliberately running into poison. 

I was a bit dissapointed when i exploded.

Glad they're looking into a fix 😄