Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request to be able to use Excalibur Prime Skin and Helmet on Excalibur Umbra

Fogg

This is a request to be able to use the Excalibur Prime Helmet on other Excalibur variants.

4 minutes ago, Fogg said:

... a more honest request would be that I would like to be able to use the Excalibur Prime Skin and Helmet on Umbra. Since no stat bonuses are tied to them, unlike the Arcane Helmets, I don't see the harm in allowing it.

Edited by Fogg

46 minutes ago, Fogg said:

This is a request to be able to use the Excalibur Prime Helmet on other Excalibur variants.

I find that really unnecessary.

Personally i still prefer using my Prime over Umbra and please dont come with the argument that Umbra is superior as its only differentiating feature is the Specter Mode, i personally dont consider it an advantage. Status wise they are exactly the same.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Can you do this with any other Prime frame and the normal version?

You can equip the regular skins and helmets on Prime variants but not the opposite. I suppose a more honest request would be that I would like to be able to use the Excalibur Prime Skin and Helmet on Umbra. Since no stat bonuses are tied to them, unlike the Arcane Helmets, I don't see the harm in allowing it.

22 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I find that really unnecessary.

Personally i still prefer using my Prime over Umbra and please dont come with the argument that Umbra is superior as its only differentiating feature is the Specter Mode, i personally dont consider it an advantage. Status wise they are exactly the same.

Their base stats are the same, but the Prime passive grants 200 energy from death orbs, death orbs only appear on the void tile set. Excalibur Umbra <https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Excalibur#Umbra>

I have fully ranked the sacrificial mod set so it makes Umbra a much more attractive option for me than using Excalibur Prime, which is a shame because of the prestige attached to it. And specter mode does not consume ammo, making equipping it with something like the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Acceltra a lot of fun.

3 minutes ago, Fogg said:

-Snip-

The fact Umbra has the Umbral polarities means nothing to me, i too have the Umbral/sacrificial sets maxed out and of the Umbrals only 2 are worth actually using on Excal of any variety which are the Vitality and Intensify, i didnt even have to use my Umbral formas on him to build. The Radial Howl thing is also not interesting to me as most sentient dont last more than 4 shots of my secondary and if they get any resistance i can just quickly switch to Operator and deal massive damage wile completely removing their resistance.

Excal's performance depends on both the build but mostly on the player's experience with him so you playing with the Prime or Umbra you wont notice any difference.

12 minutes ago, Fogg said:

And specter mode does not consume ammo, making equipping it with something like the https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Acceltra a lot of fun.

They dont consume Ammo but still have to reload and i am not sure Specters benefit from the Acceltra's reload mechanism, specially considering how they like to stand still and/or crouch. Ammo efficiency on the Acceltra isnt really a problem as each ammo box fills a whole clip, you just have to keep moving to collect them between reloads. I use a Kitgun with Pax Charge so Ammo isnt a problem for me.